Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Yikes I really didn't want to turn this into a Lowry vs. DeRozan debate, but it looks like that's where this is headed.
    It can't go there.

Lowry doesn't have the size or quickness to be the defensive player these guys make him out to be.

When healthy he's very good at drawing charges....no debate there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Yikes I really didn't want to turn this into a Lowry vs. DeRozan debate, but it looks like that's where this is headed.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    What? He was injured when Augustine lit him up (I swear on more than one occasion)? Jarrett Jack.... Maybe.

The point still stands.

Lowry is overrated defensively. He gambles quite a bit and has trouble keeping other PGs in front of him.

He was playing injured for most of the second half and parts of the first. He only sat out games when he couldn't play with them.
    Last edited by Just Is; Sat Aug 29, 2015, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    You mean when Lowry was playing injured? I mean, you did neglect to include that part. And happened WAY less than you're implying as those are really the only two that I could think of.
    What? He was injured when Augustine lit him up (I swear on more than one occasion)? Jarrett Jack.... Maybe.

The point still stands.

Lowry is overrated defensively. He gambles quite a bit and has trouble keeping other PGs in front of him.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Really DanH??

D.J Augustine..... Jarrett Jack.......How many PGs (also backup PGs) lit us up last year???

Ridiculous post. Lowry is overrated defensively. Ross guards his assignment on many occasions. Nice try though.

You mean when Lowry was playing injured? I mean, you did neglect to include that part. And happened WAY less than you're implying as those are really the only two that I could think of.

And even taking that into account, Lowry's defensive numbers are still pretty damn good and, even relatively speaking, are better than Demar's. So while Lowry's defensive numbers did go down this year (and for a pretty damn good reason), comparing him to Demar is just...you can't support it with facts.
    Last edited by Just Is; Sat Aug 29, 2015, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Oh my goodness. "Lowry is no better defensively than DeMar."

We've officially reached the point where reason is no longer required in this debate.
    Really DanH??

D.J Augustine..... Jarrett Jack.......How many PGs (also backup PGs) lit us up last year???

Ridiculous post. Lowry is overrated defensively. Ross guards his assignment on many occasions. Nice try though.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    You just need to not pick up Bebe's team option and let Biyombo walk (or trade him if he picks up his PO). Not that complicated. It's no different than what we have to do if we let DD walk.
    Bebe's team option is for $1,921,320.. you will need to get rid of at least another $1.1M contract (like Wright or Bruno) on top of that (with Biyombo) if you want max space and if you want to move Lowry instead of DD.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    Lowry as bad a defender as demar.....

Smh

And most sgs are 3+d
    but ours is nowhere near that and we should pay him 20+ million and pair him with a ball dominate number 1 option like kd...

Time to take a break for a few hours cause the dd shit has found another home.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    The point here was that most SGs are 3+D meaning they are less dynamic offensively and easier to defend... It's basically a matter of effort and IQ instead of being put on rollerblades by Kyrie Irving or CP3 or getting blown past by Westbrook or Wall.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Lowry as bad a defender as demar.....

Smh

And most sgs are 3+d but ours is nowhere near that and we should pay him 20+ million and pair him with a ball dominate number 1 option like kd...

Time to take a break for a few hours cause the dd shit has found another home.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

We've officially reached the point where reason is no longer required in this debate.
    I just meant relative to the players he's being asked to guard. There are certain PGs that Lowry straight up cannot stay in front of. It's not a mirage that Ross was the one asked to guard Wall while Lowry was put on Beal.

Like at the SG position the only guys who are going to give DD a lot of trouble are Harden, Klay, Wade and Jimmy Butler. While for Lowry there are tons of star PGs who he is just straight up outmatched by athletically.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    No one has said it is the only option, it is the most reasonable and the one with the best future return.

Other options are possible, just bad

What return are you talking about?

I thought the discussion was about letting Demar walk and using the cap space.....or Trading Lowry....or trading some role players for caps space/picks.

Are you still arguing about trading Demar? Surely, you must see that it is very unlikely that we're going to trade him. Especially with the All-Star Game in 2016 in Toronto. Also, no one is going to give up much for a guy who can walk at the end of the year. Also, that team better be prepared to give him the MAX in order to convince him to stay.

Sorry, but I think DD stays. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Lol - Hilarious.

"It is bs to find any reasoning to find logic in having DD and KD paired up"

I guess this is the Snooch Republic now?

Im right.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Cheaper better options...... Please elaborate. .

Also, shouldn't we pursue these cheaper better options regardless if KD is coming or not?

Yes, absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I'm not even suggesting that letting DD walk to sign KD is a bad idea.... it obviously isn't. What I have an issue with is you guys making it out to be the ONLY smart option when it clearly is not.

You're saying it because you want DD gone, I get that. Some of you probably wouldn't want DD back even if Horford and KD went on TV right now and said "FUCK Toronto I'd never sign in that dump". So really I think at the end of the day this has become another DD debate and not really a discussion on how we can bring in KD.
    I'm saying it because I think it is true. I do really appreciate the accusation though.

I believe IF the plan was to keep DD and get Durant then Masai has done a terrible job preparing the roster for such a plan. As such, since I do not believe Masai would do such a poor job, I do not believe that is the plan.

I do indeed want DeMar gone. But believe it or not I'm not in kindergarten and am able to have that opinion and the opinion that DeMar is unlikely to be in any plans for Durant based on entirely different reasoning.

It's getting pretty tiring being told what I think and why I think it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X