Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    we should do that with deandre Daniels... Give him like 250k guaranteed, waive him and put him on the d league roster... Create some goodwill, and while yes, we lose his rights, I think he'd be more than willing to talk with us and let us match any offer he receives
    Or just leave him on the big squad. He won't play regardless and he gets 525k

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    But that could very well mean 25k guaranteed so when he's waived and signed to the 905, he's making 50k per year
    we should do that with deandre Daniels... Give him like 250k guaranteed, waive him and put him on the d league roster... Create some goodwill, and while yes, we lose his rights, I think he'd be more than willing to talk with us and let us match any offer he receives

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Training camp body and possible DLeague player.

Next.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Partial guarantee is the word.
    But that could very well mean 25k guaranteed so when he's waived and signed to the 905, he's making 50k per year

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Partial guarantee is the word.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    I'm assuming a non-guaranteed deal so he can go to camp and play some preseason games a la Will Cherry

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Yeah another PF that isnt that great

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Huh? Ok, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmunky
    replied
    https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/620384992795832320

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Patience, grasshopper.
    Aye, sensei.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I'm curious to Heatdreamer's last question. Assuming we had a 5M TPE, could we trade it for a 7.6M player?
    Patience, grasshopper.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Does Toronto have a TPE that it may use this year? I thought one was created by the Greivis trade to the bucks
    ! Believe there was a $6.3 Million created . Can someone confirm this .

TPE cannot be combined with an active player on the roster. Does this have the same aspects in a trade
    The TPE x 150% + $100,000?
    You don't trade a TPE by the way. It is an exception to the salary cap, all it does is allow you to absorb salary. So if the TPE is 6.5M dollars, you can absorb a 6.5M dollar salary (or smaller salary, even multiple smaller salaries if they sum to 6.5M or less) without matching salaries.

The TPE is sized at 100%+100k of the mismatched single outgoing salary in the initial trade (Vasquez was 6.4M for 0 dollars, so the delta is 6.4M and the TPE is the delta plus 100k, so 6.5M).

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Yes, the Greivis trade generated a TPE. No, we don't have it anymore. You cannot have a TPE if you use cap space.
    I'm curious to Heatdreamer's last question. Assuming we had a 5M TPE, could we trade it for a 7.6M player?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yes, the Greivis trade generated a TPE. No, we don't have it anymore. You cannot have a TPE if you use cap space.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X