Game # 46: Toronto Raptors 110 - San Antonio Spurs 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Thought the Raps and Spurs handled it well. Players, too.

OTOH, media continues to cover itself in glory acting like ghouls.
    Watching clips/magic right now. Hasnt been mentioned in 10 minutes, everyone seems upbeat. The sideline reporter believe it or not goes "it's a special night tonight, as its our first In a series of feature games in the 'magic pack"...she was Promoting magic tickets.

just a stark contrast from the raptors somber and respectful tone
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Watching clips/magic right now. Hasnt been mentioned in 10 minutes, everyone seems upbeat. The sideline reporter believe it or not goes "it's a special night tonight, as its our first In a series of feature games in the 'magic pack"...she was Promoting magic tickets.

Devlin and leo were truly professional and respectful in how they handled this. Leo especially he knows Kobe's dad and was tweeted earlier about how he remembers Kobe shooting around in Italy while he was a young kid.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• FVV said in the post game interview it was Nicks idea to run the 24 out. Everyone in the league did it following. Great move nick to honour a great man
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• RIP to one of the best to ever do it. Tragic
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            Apparently Altobelli's wife and daughter were also on the helicopter

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Today the last time we ever see anyone wear 24?
              Mark Cuban has announced that no one will wear #24 again for the Mavericks

Comment

• Geez, rough day. Proud of all the players on both teams going out there in a tough situation.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Love U Mamba!!!
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

The Wonderful World of Disney...

Comment

• Sad day for the league. Good win by the Raps but it was hard to focus on the game at times.

RIP Kobe and Gianna and all the others on board.

Comment

• Devastating.

And difficult to process.

One (small) thought that I have, that I never thought I would...

I’m glad Kobe hung 81 on us.

————

l’d have liked to have seen what he would’ve done with a long life.

RIP Mamba

Comment

• We lost one of the Basketball's Greatest players and a true Icon. He died far too young and in such a tragic manner.

Comment

• Hard to comment on a game when everything sort of felt morose.

Started off really hot. Siakam was incredible. But he really cooled down. Ended up with like 8 points or something in the last 3 quarters. But will still take it. He was drilling 3's, taking it to the rim. Just really engaged.

The 3rd quarter was ass. Up 12 or 13, and Spurs just couldn't miss. The Spurs collectively took whatever pills Siakam took early in the game. Glad we bounced back and won though. We're pretty bad at keeping leads. Blew so many I can't even remember now.

Kyle had a quiet good game. I mean his box score numbers look unimpressive, but he made things happen. Marc grabbed 12 boards and had 5 assists. Didn't think he had that many boards until I saw the box score after the game. Missed a lot of wide open 3's. OG was decent. Good defense on DeMar. Fred was pretty quiet too.

The bench could have been better. Norm had an off game (or I hope it was). Glad he was able to come back into the game after getting his leg jammed up in the screen. Screens are so bloody dangerous in the NBA. TD hit 3 big 3's but was also a team low -13. Hope RHJ is going to be okay but it felt like he hurt himself there by stepping backwards onto Belli's foot and then twisting it. Serge was sort of meh.. got some nice drunks in traffic and secured 10 boards though. So can't really complain.

Not a good win, but will take it.

Comment

• Yesterday was stunning, shocking, disbelief. Today the feeling is just sad. Especially hearing about how great a family man he was. Was never a big Kobe fan, but you have to respect everything he represents. Relentless pursuit of perfection, in every facet of life. Compete to win. That's what it's all about. Life is unpredictable .... go hug your loved ones. RIP Kobe.

Comment

Life moves on pretty quickly....

Comment

Working...
                                X