Game # 46: Toronto Raptors 110 - San Antonio Spurs 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game # 46: Toronto Raptors 110 - San Antonio Spurs 106

Not sure if you've been following this train of thought from (Republic adjacent?) Alex Wong.
    A few weeks ago when we were mired in injuries and hanging out in the 4th/5th seed area,
    the 2nd seed seemed far away.
    But if you squinted a little and took a look at our schedule ahead...you just might see the way.
    And, with in season tournaments being knocked off the agenda for the foreseeable future,
    it helps to keep you entertained in the dead of winter.
    After Sunday's game, we've got the Hawks, Cavs, Pistons and Bulls leading up to the Feb 2 deadline
    for Coach Nick to coach the all star team.
    Our old friend, the Fun Guy, helped us get a share of 2nd place last night but with Miami having the tiebreaker, we have to do one better
    Sunday's game might be the toughest of the bunch.
    And how appropriate that it's the Spurs.
    They were our last loss and the start of this new streak.
    Sure, they may have coughed one up to the Suns but we know what they can do
    And here they are

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

We might have sleepwalked through the Knicks game. Sometimes that is our way.
    But I think Nurse will come up with a way to solve the puzzle of Aldridge taking threes. That's his way.
    Most importantly, we are the Champs. That is our way.

With the Heat not playing Sunday, there is a way to grab the 2nd seed (at least for a day)
    Let's get it done.
    Let's get Coach Nick to the All Star Game.

Go Raps

(BTW..meant to address it in this thread but didn't. If I get the chance at the next one, I will. Giannis is going to be a Raptor)

Jclaw your game threads are inspiring. If for no other reason, a win is needed so we can read about your Giannis is coming North (I think TO is North of MIL) declaration.

Comment

Beat Demar like a red headed woodpecker

Comment

We got robbed last time raptors played these guys, they own us a win..I want 2 c destruction and obliteration of spurs..make Demar pay..but still love u Demar..keep it rollin with wins, let's go.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Is Philly the most bipolar team in the league?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Love ya DD, but we're walkin' outta SanAn with a Big W.

Get 'em JClaw.

Comment

Game Afternoon!

Comment

The 2 start was beyond ridiculous last monday, but this 4pm start time is also really dumb. Like what the hell?

Guys are going to play like garbage. Well we may get the early start in the playoffs this time around so might as well get used to it.

Comment

For SG I was thinking.. Bo Derek doesn't have double D's.. but then the movie was called "10". I get it now.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    For SG I was thinking.. Bo Derek doesn't have double D's.. but then the movie was called "10". I get it now.
                    Lol. DeMar is an imperfect 10, and that’s ok. Any excuse to get a hot babe in her prime into a game thread works for me. Man-clap.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Lol. DeMar is an imperfect 10, and that’s ok. Any excuse to get a hot babe in her prime into a game thread works for me. Man-clap.
                      How can a jersey number be imperfect?

Anyways Bo Derek was a babe. That picture and that girl from Fast Times at Ridgemont High are like the two iconic hot 80s girls.

Comment

DeMar is up to a 60.4% TS%. I never thought he'd get there without shooting the three but it goes to show that players who don't fit conventional thinking can still be successful in the right system.

Just have to hope Pop keeps relying too much on Forbes for spacing. Apparently Spurs fans blame his defense for a lot of their losses. If Fred can take him to school this one should be ours for the taking.

Comment

If only Demar's defense was good.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Well done. Did anyone do their homework to figure out the PF? A bit of a reach.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              If only Demar's defense was good.
                              That, plus the 3-ball and he'd be a Perfect 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X