Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your Raptor GOAT top 5 ranked in order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawhi was the greatest Raptor athlete of all time, for sure. But he's nowhere close to being the greatest player of the team. Not even in my top 3. I define the greatest player of the franchise by players' achievements, tenure (dedication to fans, organization) and ability. Tenure is as important as the other two. Kawhi had only 1 year + he was traded here without his public consent (1 point in that department), compared to other guys, they were not as good at their achievements/talent but based on what being a franchise player means to me, they scored more, so my top 5 would look like:

Lowry (Let's make something special here, I can dig Toronto, they seem to dig me)
    Vince (Let's put Canada on the map internationally)
    Demar (I am Toronto)
    Kawhi (Canada is cool, let's win one and I'm going home)
    Bosh (I can try to carry this hopeless team)
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

1. Lowry
      2. Derozan
      3. JV
      4. Calderon
      5. Bosh

Tied for 6th: Amir, Mo Pete, Serge

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        1. Lowry
        2. Derozan
        3. JV
        4. Calderon
        5. Bosh

I love this guy. There's no quit in him .....

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

an 11 time all star with 2 chips (won while he was still an all star) not making it is unheard of. the only question is first or second ballot.

if lowry retired tomorrow his case is a hundred times weaker.

but no worries, they'll both make it. mitch richmond made it! everyone's invited! (unless you accepted payments in college)
          Yeah the NBA is definitely the "hall of pretty damn good"

the mlb however is a ruthless beast of a hall
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            It's funny how Lowry is on the top of many lists. He would top mine. But isn't it weird that for almost his whole career here it felt like he was one extra phone call from being traded? He was always second fiddle. The debate was always Demar vs Vince. Then Kawhi came in and blew that up. For his whole Raptor career til this year, he was never the last one announced. But now, almost all of the sudden, there he is. Number 1.
            Longevity x success. Derozan had the head start of a few years so was the first to get to the record books.

Lowry passes Derozan with a championship, Lowry passes Kawhi with longevity, and Lowry passes Vince because playoff success and liking it here.

All 3 of those guys were more offensively skilled, more charisma, and more beloved at one point. It's perfect Lowry, the scrappy underdog who at the end of the day is the last one standing

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I believe we've done this before, but it may be time to revisit, now that Kawhi and Demar have been gone for awhile, Vince ready to retire, etc...a bit of reasoning is good/encouraged too.

My top 5 without further ado:

1. Kyle Lowry - franchise leaders in assists, steals, 3 pointers, win shares, best player on the team through the teams best era, (going on 7 years of sustained success), soon to be 6x Raptor All Star, NBA Champion, heart and soul leader

2. Kawhi Leonard - not much needs to be said. Had a tough time between him and Demar at 2, but Kawhi had one of the most legendary playoffs of all time, and I'm including the Jordans and the Kobes. One contract resigning might have catapulted him to the GROAT, but he bolted the first chance he got, and let us not forget he load managed through last year while the rest of the guy who sometimes struggled in the playoffs grinded the whole season. But Kawhi, forever a Canadian legend, icon, myth .

3. Demar Derozan - again, was gonna put him at 2, but just didn't accomplish enough at his peak. Was never the best raptor on the team in any year, which is the only guy in the top 5 you can say that for. But his extreme loyalty, consistency, drive to improve, and owning the all time record books have him near the top as a no brainer. Forever a Raptor

4. Vince Carter - the Raptor that put us on the map, first got us to the 2nd round, made fans out of millions of kids, pop culture icon, first elite player we ever had. Still the all time leader in PER and usage. Crazy to think Vince was #1 GROAT as recently as 2 or 3 years ago and in that short time I have him passed by 3 guys. The Masai era, am i right?

5. Chris Bosh - the best player on this team for quite a while. Still holds the rebounding records. Dragged a bad team to the playoffs, put up with some awful rosters. The bridge from 2 eras. Good guy. Put up with Bargnani.

And, while I'm here, why not finish the top 10

6. Jonas Valanciunas
              7. Morris Peterson
              8. Jose Calderon
              9. Antonio Davis
              10. Pascal Siakam
              Funny how this is almost the same stuff I wrote (shorter version) even though it's only now when I've read OP.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                1. Lowry
                2. Derozan
                3. JV
                4. Calderon
                5. Bosh

Who wins a 7 game series, that 8 man lineup coached by Casey or this year's roster coached by Nurse?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Who wins a 7 game series, that 8 man lineup coached by Casey or this year's roster coached by Nurse?
                  That crew would be nasty. Move Calderon to the bench and Mo Pete to the wing. Bosh stretch 4. They would light it up offensively. But this crew with FVV, Siakam, OG and Gasol would be the nasty crew it is defensively. It goes 7 I think..but if the old group gets 28 year old Lowry and 25 year old Bosh I think they take it

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah the NBA is definitely the "hall of pretty damn good"

the mlb however is a ruthless beast of a hall
                    certainly compared to the nfl and mlb, as you noted. i'm exaggerating a bit though in how easy it is to get in - i don't actually think lowry's case is a slam-dunk yet.

mainly i just can't believe mitch richmond is in.

Comment

Working...
                    X