Game #50: Chicago Bulls 102 - Toronto Raptors 129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Berta mentioned it earlier. Thad young might be one to look at. He played good d on Pascal and could hit open threes. Going to go take a quick peak at his contract status.

about 13 million a year but only 6 million guaranteed for 21/22. Might be tough without giving back norm’s contract.
    Nah we're good, just go with the internal development. As of now, we're a complete unit. We're blessed to have developed such guys like Fred, Siakam, Norm and now what it seems TD and Bouche. If only it would be possible to keep them...
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 07:16 AM.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Nah we're good, just go with the internal development. As of now, we're a complete unit. We're blessed to have developed such guys like Fred, Siakam, Norm and now what it seems TD and Bouche. If only it would be possible to keep them...
      I like the idea of running it back with the current crew. I guess the questions I have are how much can OG, TD, Boucher etc. improve, from now until playoffs?

I still see mistakes and weaknesses that can hurt big time in the playoffs. On the other hand, they are all starting to get more minutes and in-game experience against better opposition as they get inserted into lineups that face opposing starters. We know how much the quality of the opposition ramps up come playoff time. Their improved performances to this point could be fools gold.

Sure, the playoffs call for a tighter eight man rotation. But our injuries this year may be an indication of age related breakdown as well as random occurrence. If you have to depend on guys in the 9, 10 and 11 spot, given this teams injury history this season, can you do that?

That's why I would like to see another proven vet. Ideally the team picked up a solid contributor with playoff experience off of the waiver wire. I really don't want to see any of them traded.

Talked myself into it. Run it back. Waiver wire only.

Comment

• I'd been reading about how bad Jim Boylen has been but there was nothing like watching the timeout with a minute left in a 25-point blowout to drive home the fact that this guy just doesn't get it. With a competent coach, that Bulls team would be in the playoffs. That blitzing defense is just too easy to expose and offensively it feels as though they are just copycatting other teams without knowing why they are doing what they are doing. They have some injuries for sure but there are some other fundamental issues.

EDIT: But it wasn't actually as bad as when Gafford was injured and he waited to call a timeout for an entire sequence and then, after sitting him for the rest of the game, brought him back injured in garbage time.
        Last edited by slaw; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I'd been reading about how bad Jim Boylen has been but there was nothing like watching the timeout with a minute left in a 25-point blowout to drive home the fact that this guy just doesn't get it. With a competent coach, that Bulls team would be in the playoffs. That blitzing defense is just too easy to expose and offensively it feels as though they are just copycatting other teams without knowing why they are doing what they are doing. They have some injuries for sure but there are some other fundamental issues.

EDIT: But it wasn't actually as bad as when Gafford was injured and he waited to call a timeout for an entire sequence and then, after sitting him for the rest of the game, brought him back injured in garbage time.
          I've seen Boylen do that before - call TO in Garbage time near the game's conclusion - He seems to believe there is a beneficial teachable moment worth the inevitable criticism from fans/media. You could see him plotting a 25 point play on his whiteboard...silly IMO.

Comment

I'd been reading about how bad Jim Boylen has been but there was nothing like watching the timeout with a minute left in a 25-point blowout to drive home the fact that this guy just doesn't get it. With a competent coach, that Bulls team would be in the playoffs. That blitzing defense is just too easy to expose and offensively it feels as though they are just copycatting other teams without knowing why they are doing what they are doing. They have some injuries for sure but there are some other fundamental issues.

Fundamentally they just don't have enough talent to win / move-up much in the standings. Hard to believe though they are in 9th place, just 3.5 games out of the play-offs!

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Fundamentally they just don't have enough talent to win / move-up much in the standings. Hard to believe though they are in 9th place, just 3.5 games out of the play-offs!
              It all goes back to the front office and ownership. They hire terrible coaches and acquire the wrong players.

Comment

It all goes back to the front office and ownership. They hire terrible coaches and acquire the wrong players.
                Yep, its mindblowing how incompetent some of these front offices are. It really blows my mind how so many people who clearly arent good enough for the job, have the job. Half the league is garbage and half of those teams have been garbage for a decade. I shouldnt be surprised i suppose, it wasnt so long ago that our team would have been included in the garbage category. I guess its hard to find the right people. It must suck for execs too, when you decide to try and bring in a fresh face to coach, amd you gotta commit to a 5yr/25mil contract.

Comment

Working...
                X