• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Details details lol

A bunch of players will and have been moved, so all the other teams have a ton of minutes to hand out?
    Our bench so so deep, no one can be bumped?
    Why would someone come here? They want a chip
    Can you name me a player available we would plug in ahead of a regular rotation player here?

We are one of the deepest teams in the league, other teams will have bigger roles to offer. And you are kidding yourself if you think the Raptors are viewed as contenders on the same level as teams like the Lakers and Clippers or even worse teams like Houston or Philly or Miami, who likely also have those bigger roles to offer (though Philly probably already made their fringe move at the deadline).

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Have to waive someone to make room for an addition. Maybe they waive Miller if they see a chance to add someone. But who would come here from the buyout market? We have no minutes to offer.

So most likely scenario is wanting to lock in Brissett or another 905er to a longer term minimum deal and use their remaining MLE to do so.
    Details details lol

A bunch of players will and have been moved, so all the other teams have a ton of minutes to hand out?
    Our bench so so deep, no one can be bumped?
    Why would someone come here? They want a chip

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Seems pretty clear to me that he was damaged goods when Toronto signed him. Whether that was a direct result of the playoff injury that year or a culmination of injuries doesn't really matter but he was simply not the same player after he injured himself in that Cavs series.
    I remember the year he was "the only Hawk who wasn't an all star" and people were saying that like its a good thing, like he was close to being an all star or something. I look at it like, shit, you're in the starting lineup with 4 all stars, you better look pretty decent

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    HogieTime wrote: View Post

"Supposed to" are the key words lol. He hasn't been that player since 2015 with the Hawks. I don't think the rockets are going to go to far come playoff time.
    Carroll actually had a bit of a resurgence after leaving Toronto for Brooklyn, but I'm not sure if that is due to the system or lack of a system which allows players to showcase themselves a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Demarre Carroll got bought out from spurs and is signing with the Rockets. That guy has been a major bust ever since he left the Hawks. Said he couldn't jell with pops system lol. Rockets also signed Jeff Green.
    Seems pretty clear to me that he was damaged goods when Toronto signed him. Whether that was a direct result of the playoff injury that year or a culmination of injuries doesn't really matter but he was simply not the same player after he injured himself in that Cavs series.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Minor Masai move still incoming. Centre, guard, wing?
    Have to waive someone to make room for an addition. Maybe they waive Miller if they see a chance to add someone. But who would come here from the buyout market? We have no minutes to offer.

So most likely scenario is wanting to lock in Brissett or another 905er to a longer term minimum deal and use their remaining MLE to do so.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Minor Masai move still incoming. Centre, guard, wing?

Leave a comment:

• HogieTime
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Never ceases to amaze me how Houston always manages to acquire the players they need to improve. Guys just love playing with Harden I guess. Not saying it's gonna work, but they need 3 & D guys around Harden and that pretty much is what Carroll is supposed to provide.
    "Supposed to" are the key words lol. He hasn't been that player since 2015 with the Hawks. I don't think the rockets are going to go to far come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Demarre Carroll got bought out from spurs and is signing with the Rockets. That guy has been a major bust ever since he left the Hawks. Said he couldn't jell with pops system lol. Rockets also signed Jeff Green.
    Never ceases to amaze me how Houston always manages to acquire the players they need to improve. Guys just love playing with Harden I guess. Not saying it's gonna work, but they need 3 & D guys around Harden and that pretty much is what Carroll is supposed to provide.

Leave a comment:

• HogieTime
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

They have a model like that already in place with Montrez Harrell.

Not sure why the Clips would want a 2nd Harrell ?

They might..but it would be interesting to see where he plays.
    Here I think TT takes RHJ mins.
    I think one of those guys would move up and take Zubacs minutes while the other was the backup. They really need someone to guard Jokic,AD and Gorbert

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think clips will be T.T first choice if he gets bought out
    They have a model like that already in place with Montrez Harrell.

Not sure why the Clips would want a 2nd Harrell ?

They might..but it would be interesting to see where he plays.
    Here I think TT takes RHJ mins.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Serge has created a robust market for himself this off-season. He'd be a perfect fit in Houston with his old OKC buddies as the perfect stretch 5 who can also protect the rim. Not to mention: a great teammate, championship experience and very popular with the female fans (lucky SOB).
    What are you talking about...Serge is not THAT good loo-OMG allmighty save some for the rest of us shlubs

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Serge has created a robust market for himself this off-season. He'd be a perfect fit in Houston with his old OKC buddies as the perfect stretch 5 who can also protect the rim. Not to mention: a great teammate, championship experience and very popular with the female fans (lucky SOB).
    He has shown himself to be an affable type that fits into any room.
    He gets along and can shepherd the young players on what its like to be a pro and what it takes to win it all.

Houston for sure would be very happy to get him.
    Other teams in the west that come to mind are Portland and Dallas.

Unfortunately our competition in the East would be pretty damn happy to get him.
    Boston is a tremendous fit as is Miami.

Serge is in for a pretty good final deal. He has clearly earned it.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

This will be an interesting development over the summer. There is no doubt in my mind that Ibaka will be looking for a long-term deal and given how he is playing he will likely find one on the market, so it's largely a question of whether Raps want him back at that price.

Gasol is an enigma. He's 35 but does he want to play 3 more years or 1? Where does he want to play?
    Yeah Gasol is a bit of a mystery. He strikes me as guy that doesn't like to move a lot; spent his whole career with one team, but came to Toronto, won a ring and opted in on his Player Option. I think he's got older kids too, probably would prefer not to uproot them again. I think he would probably look for some term (2 or 3 years here or elsewhere ) on a lower deal, but I can also see him taking a one year with a higher amount here (like Lowry did), and then figuring out in 2021 depending on where the team will be. The latter is probably the best case scenario for the Raps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X