Well that was something.
    Indy up 11 WITH THE BALL with under 3 minutes to go
    2:58 Domantas Sabonis defensive rebound 116 - 105

And then insanity.
    Like, this kind of insanity

But extended for 3 amazing minutes.
    And the guy who did that was on the losing end of the floor

One other thing to note from this game
    I was mini ranting in a thread the other day about how awesome Kyle is.
    Nothing too remarkable about this sequence
    4:32 Victor Oladipo bad pass (Terence Davis steals) 75 - 64
    4:27 Myles Turner blocks Terence Davis 's 5-foot two point shot 75 - 64
    4:24 Myles Turner defensive rebound 75 - 64
    4:23 Jeremy Lamb misses two point shot 75 - 64
    4:23 Kyle Lowry defensive rebound 75 - 64
    4:16 Terence Davis makes 25-foot three point jumper (Kyle Lowry assists) 75 - 67
    4:14 Pacers Full timeout 75 - 67
    But watching it live, you saw Terrence make a great play with the steal but then cough the ball up (generously noted as a block by Turner).
    As soon as Kyle got the ball back, he was laser focussed on getting the ball back to Terrence and setting him up for an open 3. Which he nailed.
    Sure Kyle gets an assist but it means so much more than that.
    Build that man a statue.
    End of rant.

Anyways, despite me getting ready to find one of those "guys playing violin as the titanic went down" gifs, the championship calibre Raps pulled it off and here we are in uncharted territory.

For however long you've followed this team, you've never been here.
    As it was prophesied, 12 games in a row
    **checks alex wong's twitter feed**...no prediction on game 13 yet.

But here we are at game 13, a place we have never been before.
    Wasn't sure where to go with this one.

Could have gone with The Baker's Dozen

Might have gone with the Bar Mitzvah theme

Could have been inspired by what we must have looked like to the Pacers over the last 3 minutes
    After all, the game is on a Friday

But this was the best 13 I could come up with

Although, I guess technically, I could have gone with

In either case, that's a pretty impressive thirteen.
    The Feb 6th trade deadline has come and gone.
    Nobody in, nobody out.
    This is the team we brought to the dance,
    this is the one we're going to win with.

Speaking of 13, here's a little math question for you

We all know Raptors + Kawhi = Championship (and thus Raptors = Championship - Kawhi...however that's not the point I'm making)
    But what does Raptors + Kawhi - Kawhi = ?
    In theory, it should equal "Raptors"
    But do you ever remember a Raptors team that was 5th in the entire league in clutch scoring?
    Not a Raptor team without Kawhi. But here we are. The new and improved Raptors
    5th in the league in clutch scoring.
    Oh...and who's that one below us in 6th?

1 Oklahoma City Thunder 34 22 12 4.1 67.6 32.4 47.3 15.8 21.2 3.5 31.5 17.9 31.5 24.1 75.9 53.8 46.2 31.0 69.0
    2 Denver Nuggets 31 21 10 3.9 69.8 30.2 46.7 13.2 23.0 4.2 30.3 13.6 33.4 50.7 49.3 86.4 13.6 59.6 40.4
    3 Philadelphia 76ers 32 19 13 3.1 61.1 38.9 44.4 10.9 21.3 5.9 34.3 11.3 33.5 49.1 50.9 82.4 17.6 57.1 42.9
    3 Utah Jazz 29 19 10 3.5 60.1 39.9 42.9 4.5 27.1 8.6 30.1 13.5 38.3 40.4 59.6 66.7 33.3 48.1 51.9
    5 Toronto Raptors 27 17 10 3.6 57.8 42.2 40.5 4.0 30.4 10.9 29.1 11.3 36.4 48.0 52.0 72.0 28.0 56.0 44.0
    6 LA Clippers 24 16 8 3.6 57.0 43.0 39.6 5.4 33.8 10.8 26.6 9.9 34.2 34.1 65.9 84.0 16.0 52.2 47.8
    (move all the stats one column over)

Anyways, that's enough for now
    No need to introduce the Pacers
    I think we all remember them well.

Instead, let's just sit back and remember the last three weeks of record breaking Raptors basketball. May it keep on growin'.

//

Go Raps

Man, I need a cigarette

Comment

Damn, the Stanley Johnson and Dewan Hernandez erasure lol

Also, I have no idea how this game will go. Pacers will surely be fired up, but I can see our guys also being super amped after the comeback
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Damn, the Stanley Johnson and Dewan Hernandez erasure lol

Also, I have no idea how this game will go. Pacers will surely be fired up, but I can see our guys also being super amped after the comeback
        If we can get to 15 wins I’ll include them. Unless there’s a Paul Watson break out game.

Comment

Once isn't enough for JClaw. He needs to destroy the Pacers again
          OG is our king

Comment

This Houston team is wild, so unlike any other team in the league. They’re just playing five guys on the perimeter, barely using any screens
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

This Houston team is wild, so unlike any other team in the league. They’re just playing five guys on the perimeter, barely using any screens
              Insane, their tallest starter was 6'6" and the tallest guy to play so far is Robert Covington.

How does AD not have a billion points? That man is a 7 footer who still wants to be a point guard. He could be even better than he is if he played his size.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

JClaw snapped
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

lol fuck is this actually going to work for the rockets? They just beat one of the 3 potential playoffs teams with a dominant center on the road.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    lol fuck is this actually going to work for the rockets? They just beat one of the 3 potential playoffs teams with a dominant center on the road.
                    fucking Rockets are going to destroy centre position
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

One of the all time great game threads. Bravo J

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Insane, their tallest starter was 6'6" and the tallest guy to play so far is Robert Covington.

How does AD not have a billion points? That man is a 7 footer who still wants to be a point guard. He could be even better than he is if he played his size.
                        bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        i've never seen a team make such sweeping stylistic changes in-season. they went from being the most onerous, impossible-to-watch team to one of the most enjoyable almost overnight.

that whole game was reminiscent of when they killed us with wide open corner 3's earlier this season, except those were created because we trapped harden as soon as he crossed half-court. now they can create them just by opening up the middle and letting harden and westbrook get downhill.

d'antoni really is a genius. he is andy reid without his super bowl yet. i hope he gets one one day.

it will fail this year and he'll probably get fired for it, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong approach or wasn't worth trying. just don't think the personnel is quite good enough against the LA teams. but it will be fun to watch.

Comment

If we win tonight we'll be tied for 2nd most W's in the league. Pacers will come out guns blazing with and with a lockdown focus on defence though, they now lost 3 in a row including a game to the Knicks and that 1pt loss to us, so it will be really tough. Certainly winnable though.

Comment

JClaw, this is some impressive stuff. Usually I’d say that if you barely sneak out the win at home you’ll likely lose on the road, but the Pacers losing like that must be devastating to the confidence. Go get another one.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Who needs load management? Not JClaw. Dude is showing no signs of fatigue. Friday the 13th... ftw.

Comment

Working...
                              X