No announcement yet.

Game #52: Toronto Raptors 115 - Indiana Pacers 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw go for that bakers dozen! That’s the first thing I thought of.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      lol fuck is this actually going to work for the rockets? They just beat one of the 3 potential playoffs teams with a dominant center on the road.
      Yeah but it was the Lakers who are a lot like the Raptors in that they seem to win all the games against sub .500 teams and lose the majority to the good teams.

Comment

I sense more of a blowout one way or the other, after the last 1 point edge-of-your-seater

Comment

lol fuck is this actually going to work for the rockets? They just beat one of the 3 potential playoffs teams with a dominant center on the road.
          The Drummonds and the Whitesides watch the experiment nervously, as their careers hang in the balance
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I saw the first 2.5 quarters of that game.. Houston and LA were pretty close when I logged off.. so they must have had a big run in the 4th. They are a lot of fun to watch. The 5 out system with two dominant ISO scorers, and 3 guys that can shoot is actually a lot of fun.

LA had their way in the paint, but everyone knows how to box out. There is a reason why Russ and Harden average triple doubles. Covington was a really good get. He can stay in his lane.. cover the best player on the other side and shoot. He'll get a lot of open looks.

For a team defending the 5 out system you have to really be okay with surrendering points in the paint or have bigs be agile enough to run to the middle to try and protect the rim. You can't let the guys in the corner be open for too long. You also need really good perimeter defense to try and contain Russ and Harden from making you look silly.

Anyway I'm glad they're out West.. and I'm happy that they've changed their style. The old give the Harden the ball and set a screen system was extremely boring.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

The Drummonds and the Whitesides watch the experiment nervously, as their careers hang in the balance
              I think the type of guys who will really expose it are big strong dudes who actually play with their back to the basket. AD doesn't really play like that. Embiid, Jokic even J.V could just back down P.J tucker and score baby hooks all day. Nugs may actually be the team houston wants to avoid. Not only can Jokic just back you down, if you send the double he will burn you with the pass
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Drummond probably already learned his lesson at the deadline. He got traded for a really bad poo poo platter, and got moved to Cleveland of all teams. Can't get worse than that.

Comment

I think the type of guys who will really expose it are big strong dudes who actually play with their back to the basket. AD doesn't really play like that. Embiid, Jokic even J.V could just back down P.J tucker and score baby hooks all day. Nugs may actually be the team houston wants to avoid. Not only can Jokic just back you down, if you send the double he will burn you with the pass
                  It's more about defense than offense though. Is Jokic fast enough to slide over to the wing to cover a shooter, and then run back to the paint to prevent a layup/dunk? It's a tough system to defend.

Comment

Davis COULD play like that, but hes a "superstar" so now he runs around the perimeter as much as be feels like it. Everybody wants to be kobe, no one grew up wanting to be shaq
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

It's more about defense than offense though. Is Jokic fast enough to slide over to the wing to cover a shooter, and then run back to the paint to prevent a layup/dunk? It's a tough system to defend.
                      Maybe or you just keep attacking the guys inside and they rack up foul trouble. Last night i think all key guys on the Rockets had 4 fouls half way through the 4th and the refs were swallowing their whistle early in the game. And all it takes is Houston going cold for 4-5 minutes and their in trouble. We all remember the 0-27.

Comment

It started with Hibbert, Al Jefferson, all those big slow centers and now it's their turn next
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Maybe or you just keep attacking the guys inside and they rack up foul trouble. Last night i think all key guys on the Rockets had 4 fouls half way through the 4th and the refs were swallowing their whistle early in the game. And all it takes is Houston going cold for 4-5 minutes and their in trouble. We all remember the 0-27.
                          Yeah.. they are going to ride and die with their 3pt shooting. Will be an interesting playoffs. Again though, I'm glad they are out West. Would be a tough series for whoever has to play them.

Comment

Houston I think would love to draw either the Lakers or Utah in round 1 or 2.
                            Agree they want no part of the Clips or Denver or OKC.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

If the Raps win tonight at Bankers Fieldhouse they go up 7 games in the loss column on the Pacers. The hated Chowders go up 6.
                              So what ?
                              So what that means is that the Raps could go 15 and 15 to the end of the year and the Pacers would have to go 23 and 7 to catch them. It also means that to catch the Chowders the Pacers have to go 22 and 8 if the Chowders play 500 ball to the close.

Math is cruel eh.

Hoping the Raps win and put the Pacers in the race for 4th and home court at best with the Heat.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Feb 7, 2020, 02:23 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Houston I think would love to draw either the Lakers or Utah in round 1 or 2.
                                Agree they want no part of the Clips or Denver or OKC.
                                know its early but im already starting to make my 1st round matchup wishlist. Okc-Houston would be electric. Nugs-Utah would be great and Lakers-Mavs. if Memphis make it id like to see them vs Clips. Clips weakness is size and J.J.J and J.V might be enough of a problem to steal a game or 2

Comment

Working...
                                X