Game #54: Minnesota Timberwolves 126 - Toronto Raptors 137

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #54: Minnesota Timberwolves 126 - Toronto Raptors 137

There was once a guy named Ted in the '80s who was obsessed with The Price is Right.
    To the point where he memorized all the prices.
    He won here and there but it all exploded in 2008
    He (allegedly) helped another contestant guess the exact price of the final prize.
    It was the first time ever and sparked yet another game show scandal.
    Where am I going with this?
    Well, if Ted had put his same brainpower to studying the Raptors playbook,
    in a million guesses, he wouldn't have come up with this..

What a game.
    Firs the Indy game. Then the Indy game. Then this.
    Three in four nights.
    It's like they packed enough underwear for a month long trip except for the very last day..
    so they just flipped the last pair inside out and marched out a a winner.
    The Nets probably told themselves they were thiiiiis close to winning

That was until they realized they spent half the game being outplayed by
    (say it with me)
    Undrafted Players!
    (Shhhhh all you Nets fans saying most of your lineup are second rounders....that's still better than undrafted!)

In either case, when you win fourteen games in a row, there are bound to be some close calls.
    Actually, I'm not sure about that as I've never been through a 14 game winning streak before.
    You'd have to ask this guy

But now it's on to trying to make Canadian history
    Game number 15!

Our Quinceanera?
    Another famous 15?

However you celebrate 15,
    to get there, were going to have to beat those lowly Wolves,
    losers of 13 in a row.
    Wait, what?! Ummm..

Garnett's old team.

They just did what?
    Dropped 142 on the "oh it's ok if we lose because we don't lose when Kawhi and George both play" Clippers?
    Without DLo?
    Hmmm.
    It was carefree times the last time we played the Wolves. 2 games into the winning streak and we finally had the gang back together.
    They have basically lost every game since then while we have...well, you know.
    Still, they may have some sort of trade day bump.
    Not sure if DLo's quad will be healed by then but if not, here they are.

PG

(this still hurts)

SG

SF

PF

C

As for us, not sure if we'll get back any of our walking wounded.
    But, whether it's Terence, Thomas, Oshae or whoever..
    We'll be ready.

To paraphrase a certain small town police chief,

"We're going to need a bigger scarf"

Go Raps

If Russell plays, attack Russell/Towns pick and roll every play lol
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Great work JCLAW. Thanks for your tireless contributions.

Comment

Nice work Jclaw.

Minny beat the clips by 27 last night. Kawhi and Paul George played but D’Angelo did not.

Comment

Yeah saw the scores last night before bed, and I had to do a double take. Minny must have been playing like they all had something to prove. Reminiscent of when we traded Rudy for a bench and then went on to beat the Lakers short handed.

Can't take any team lightly in the NBA. Even a team coming of 13 losses in a row.

Our goal right now as a team is to just get healthy. I could see Kyle and Marc skipping the next two. The only annoying thing will be seeing Kyle play in the all-star game. It's his right, but it'll be reminiscent of him playing with a bad wrist, only to make it worse. But yeah, that's our Lowry.

Comment

A Jclaw game-thread is a like a box of chocolates. lol.

Joey McLaughlin brings back some of my earliest Blue Jays memories....... nightmares, actually. I was always wondering: why does our closer look like a computer nerd? (ok.... we didn't have computers back then, lol). And why is he pouring gas on fires instead of putting them out? Other teams had fire-breathing fast-ball artists with equally impressive nicknames (e.g. Goose Gossage).

We had ..... Joey McLaughlin. Does this look like a professional athlete to you?

Last edited by golden; Sun Feb 9, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

15! 15! 15!
              OG is our king

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Yeah saw the scores last night before bed, and I had to do a double take. Minny must have been playing like they all had something to prove. Reminiscent of when we traded Rudy for a bench and then went on to beat the Lakers short handed.

Can't take any team lightly in the NBA. Even a team coming of 13 losses in a row.

Our goal right now as a team is to just get healthy. I could see Kyle and Marc skipping the next two. The only annoying thing will be seeing Kyle play in the all-star game. It's his right, but it'll be reminiscent of him playing with a bad wrist, only to make it worse. But yeah, that's our Lowry.
                But if Kyle takes the next two games off and only plays in the Saturday night game that's about a week off from playing. I don't think that's the same as the year he played with the wrist issue. Whip lash only usually needs about a few days to heal.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

So I guess we are never losing again? Jclaw will still be making game threads in 2044, poor bastard.

Seriously though, thanks Jclaw. Not only are you not half assing it, you are doing a great job every single time. It's a lot of work and I really appreciate it.

Comment

I believe the game on Monday will be game #54.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      So I guess we are never losing again? Jclaw will still be making game threads in 2044, poor bastard.

Seriously though, thanks Jclaw. Not only are you not half assing it, you are doing a great job every single time. It's a lot of work and I really appreciate it.
                      Amen. I was pretty frickin winded after making 8 straight earlier this season .... meanwhile 15 straight Jclaw game threads (!!!!) and he’s still bringing the A+++ every single time.. unbelievable.

Comment

farm boy 10.11 wrote: View Post
                        Valuable first contribution.
                        Keeping Jclaw honest.
                        Welcome to the boards!

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Valuable first contribution.
                          Keeping Jclaw honest.
                          Welcome to the boards!
                          I like to think this guy has been lurking here. Saw that the game was mislabled and made an account just to make sure we don't lose our streak because a game thread was mis numbered.
                          Thanks Farm boy
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Little did we know when casey used to always say "it's not a sprint, its a marathon". He was talking about JClaws game threads
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

farm boy 10.11 wrote: View Post
                              Awww....I had a whole Studio 54 gif in my back pocket! Thanks for joining the republic to note that. As they say, it takes a village. And thanks for everyone’s good wishes. Just happy to be a part of this crazy feel good season. Alright mods, do your thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X