• Show
Clear All

• Game #56: Phoenix Suns 101 - Toronto Raptors 118

vs

phoenix suns vs toronto raptors

scotiabank arena

7:30pm
    friday february 21, 2020

with 27 games remaining, the raptors sit 2ndin the eastern conference with a record of 40w – 15l. Considering all the injuries to key players, owning the third best record in the nba is a testament to the strength of the entire organization. To the president of basketball operations masai ujiri, the coaching staff led by nick (coy) nurse and of course the players...

well done!

​

unlike past all-star games (asg) where raptor players were hardly noticed, we had 2 of our guys featured prominently in the most exciting and memorable asg in a long, long time. Not only did kyle and pascal play the entire 4q, our kyle lowry drew the 1st and 2nd charging fouls ever in an asg.

that’s an example of why kyle lowry is without question the groat. Kyle plays to win. He will do whatever is needed including taking a (non-call) charge from lebron james in a damn all-star game. Get this, according to the star's sports columnist bruce arthur "sources indicate lowry managed to place his locker next to giannis over the weekend"

heart of a champion...

right fucking here man!

​

now looking towards the stretch run, the website tankathon has the raptors remaining strength of schedule ranked 11th overall. Our main rival for second, boston, are next at 12th. The other ec contenders - indiana are 16th, miami 26th and philadelphia 29th. Only the bucks ranking 5th, have a tougher remaining schedule.

First-up are the phoenix suns. They are led by sharpshooter and all-star (replacement for damian lillard) devin booker. the suns currently sit in 12thplace, 6 games out of the western conference playoffs.

Second-year player and rising star deandre ayton sat out friday night’s game and has missed the past 2 suns contests. Without the 6'11" ayton, they have been playing their own version of small ball, with all five starters between 6’3” to 6’8”. Neat-o-fact, the raptor starters are either shorter or taller - ok, og is 6’8” - than the suns line-up.

Until further notice, here are the suns starters:
    phoenix suns 22w - 33l

pg - ?
    ​

sg - ?
    ​

sf - ?
    ​

sf - ?
    ​

c - ?

last season, it was a home game against phoenix when nurse had spicy p go and get the game winning bucket. He got it!

Wearing the city edition uniforms, here are the projected starters for the nba champions

toronto raptors 40w - 15l

pg - #7 the groat

​

pg - #23 fred vanvleet

sf - #3 og anunoby

​

pf - #43 pascal siakam

​​

c - #9 serge ibaka

​ ​

go raptors go
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Fri Feb 21, 2020, 04:03 PM.

I can't see the pictures
    Without pictures, what do we have really? Life is not worth living ....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      I can't see the pictures
      All-Star hangover in the game post, this is a bad sign.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        I can't see the pictures
        The effort is there, and the layout is nice.

A little rough start in his first game thread for zak24gege, but hey, I say we ride the rookie for a bit, let him work out his kinks, and give the big dogs a nice post all star extended break before the final stretch
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

The effort is there, and the layout is nice.

A little rough start in his first game thread for zak24gege, but hey, I say we ride the rookie for a bit, let him work out his kinks, and give the big dogs a nice post all star extended break before the final stretch
          Now why am I able to see the pictures?

Comment

Zak24gege wrote:
            Here is an uploaded image. Can you see it?
            ​
            Right now I can't decide if you're an optometrist or a psychiatrist irl
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Right now I can't decide if you're an optometrist or a psychiatrist irl
              EE irl, if the issue is size, I can deal with that. If it's getting the images loaded, the issue is the upload attachment feature I've been using. then Houston we have a problem???

Comment

Zak24gege wrote:
                Here is an uploaded image. Can you see it?
                ​
                Nope ​​​​​​​

Comment

Comment

Yes I can see pictures when I quote the game thread on both my Mac Desktop and Windows Laptop. I cannot use a mobile device so may it be related to the smaller screen size? I'm baffled, I feel like an OG drive to the hoop. The desire is there, just have a problem with the finish!

Comment

The Nets game felt like a lifetime ago.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                        Yes I can see pictures when I quote the game thread on both my Mac Desktop and Windows Laptop. I cannot use a mobile device so may it be related to the smaller screen size? I'm baffled, I feel like an OG drive to the hoop. The desire is there, just have a problem with the finish!
                        Instead of trying to upload the image to an RR server, upload the image to an image hosting site like snipboard.io (formerly called snag.gy). It will provide you a URL to the image, then use the < IMG > image_url </ IMG > tags to display it. Or use the image icon on the tool bar to enter the image URL.

Comment

Yeah, it's not mobile, I can't see the images on desktop either.

No worries Zak, regular season is just 82 practices after all. Just like the Raps we'll shake off the rust from the break eventually.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Man...I thought I made it hard to guess the pictures . Fear not Z, you got the most important part right....the date. Start your own streak. Go Raps.

Comment

Zak, aka "The Rook", gets an 'A' for effort. But, clearly he should have spent some time in the G-League developing his game-thread skills. The potential is there. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X