Game #58: Milwaukee Bucks 108 - Toronto Raptors 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post

I would guess we'll see OG, Siakam, Serge and RHJ all guard him at some point. In terms of defense, the Raps default approach is to wall off the paint and attack the three point shooters anyway, so it is well-suited to the Bucks style. What will be interesting is to see if the Raps pull out any "new" tactics or whether they stay vanilla. My instinct is that they don't do too much but Budenholzer's system is his system and it can't change much in the playoffs cause the team is specifically designed to play a certain way, so maybe Nurse tries a few different approaches on the theory that the Bucks are who they are anyway.

Only thing is that not having Gasol is going to be a big factor, so, all the hot takes tonight need to be taken with a grain of salt.
    I dont think nick shows his hand this early. Maybe he does a couple possesion of a quick stretch to have some game tape but we have 3 matchup left. I don't think you want to give the bucks a chance to start gameplanning against what ever scheme you will show them in May.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Only thing is that not having Gasol is going to be a big factor, so, all the hot takes tonight need to be taken with a grain of salt.
      That's no fun!
      Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Feb 25, 2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Lowry will play his 543rd game as a Raptor tonight, moving him to second in franchise history
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          Per the earlier discussion (here or another thread), here is what happens when Khris Middleton goes at Kyle Lowry and FVV in the playoffs - just in case anyone forgot:

Something's wrong with this thread....I can only "like" this post once!

Comment

Per the earlier discussion (here or another thread), here is what happens when Khris Middleton goes at Kyle Lowry and FVV in the playoffs - just in case anyone forgot:

At times I just put this on continuous loop...Marv Albert exclaiming "A Facial" ...LOL.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Serge's Scarf Art is heading ESPN website

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...knitting-couch
              Ibaka on why he did the whole scarf thing:

"It is just to create good vibes on the team," Ibaka said. "We need that. We have been playing so well -- it is always important to keep that chemistry and that joy in the locker room.

"To me, it was the perfect moment to do that."
              Theres no "advanced stat" for that, and there never will be.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Clearly you do not check each player's Accessories per 36 after every game.

Comment

What a massive game today! Let's eat some venison!!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

It a good time to be an Ibaka stan

Comment

That was the exclimation point but this entire run was amazing.

This run had everything. Nurse great defensive gameplan, Siakam floater, Ibaka dunk, Big norm corner 3, lowry taking a charge, FVV clutch 4th Q 3 all capped off by Kawhi dunking over Giannis. Maybe the best 10 minutes of raptors basketball

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This run had everything. Nurse great defensive gameplan, Siakam floater, Ibaka dunk, Big norm corner 3, lowry taking a charge, FVV clutch 4th Q 3 all capped off by Kawhi dunking over Giannis. Maybe the best 10 minutes of raptors basketball
                        I wouldn't use the "Maybe" qualifier there.. Definitely was the best 10 minutes.

I remember putting the Kyle to 2Pat shot against Brooklyn up on a pedestal. But that kind of play happens all the time now.

My jaw was on the floor the whole time through those 10 minutes. It was insanity. Bigger than the game 7 shot because that was just one shot and if he missed it was going to O/T anyway and we sort of had momentum anyway.

The comeback against Dallas was sweet because that was Lowry and a bunch of bench guys that just worked hard. But it still pales in comparison to those 10 minutes against the Bucks.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Something's wrong with this thread....I can only "like" this post once!
                          Lowry's little shove on Giannis going up for the block is everything.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

0:49 FVV boxed out Brook Lopez for the rebound lmao
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I wouldn't use the "Maybe" qualifier there.. Definitely was the best 10 minutes.

I remember putting the Kyle to 2Pat shot against Brooklyn up on a pedestal. But that kind of play happens all the time now.

My jaw was on the floor the whole time through those 10 minutes. It was insanity. Bigger than the game 7 shot because that was just one shot and if he missed it was going to O/T anyway and we sort of had momentum anyway.

The comeback against Dallas was sweet because that was Lowry and a bunch of bench guys that just worked hard. But it still pales in comparison to those 10 minutes against the Bucks.
                              Im still unsure what moment i screamed louder. The shot or that Kawhi facial on Giannis

Comment

0:49 FVV boxed out Brook Lopez for the rebound lmao
                                Heart over Height

Comment

Working...
                                X