GAME #61: Toronto Raptors 123 - Phoenix Suns 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Given this was Rondae's home turf - from a college perspective - it may have stung a bit. BTW Arizona was also Stanley J's 1-yr alma matter. They were both highly recruited 5-star HS'ers and played together at Arizona back in 2014-15.
    Ya pretty sure they were even roommates. Think i read that somewhere
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Matt Thomas made a bad pass once so he's back to the pine /sarcasm

Its funny apparently before the game Nick openly criticized Bouch, Thomas and TD trio (the ones beloved by us vocal fans) and said "you bet they've played poorly lately. If you wanna praise them all the time, then you have to be critical too"

Seems to be a double edged sword, Mccaw is getting that same free ride Derozan got from Casey, with 5% of the talent lol
      Yeah Pat was really, really sick, the poor guy had the flu or something. You know it's hard to be your best coming back from that you know...

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Davis was horrible last night specially on the defensive end of the floor. That's why he got benched the entire 2nd half.
        That's why I don't get the McCaw double standard. No matter how bad he plays, he gets rewarded by even more minutes and starting assignments. With Davis, every player will tell you that if they know they're getting guaranteed minutes, they can play more relaxed and let the game come to them. They play tight when they feel they're getting a quick hook after a mistake or two. Davis proves that when he starts ... he's awesome.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's why I don't get the McCaw double standard. No matter how bad he plays, he gets rewarded by even more minutes and starting assignments. With Davis, every player will tell you that if they know they're getting guaranteed minutes, they can play more relaxed and let the game come to them. They play tight when they feel they're getting a quick hook after a mistake or two. Davis proves that when he starts ... he's awesome.
          They don't all need to be held to the same standards, this isn't rec league ball, life isn't fair, yada yada. Davis maybe needs tough love, and we don't need to rush his development.

The problem is not TD getting not enough minutes, the problem is Patrick getting any minutes. Matt Thomas also exists, same as OG, RHJ, these minutes can be spread around to any number of quality NBA guys
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

They don't all need to be held to the same standards, this isn't rec league ball, life isn't fair, yada yada. Davis maybe needs tough love, and we don't need to rush his development.

The problem is not TD getting not enough minutes, the problem is Patrick getting any minutes. Matt Thomas also exists, same as OG, RHJ, these minutes can be spread around to any number of quality NBA guys
            "Earning (or keeping) your job through performance" should be a non-negotiable core value for any profession, in any industry. It shouldn't be a 'tactic' that's used on 1 person then not applied to another. That's a different conversation. Leaders need to be consistent in core values.

Comment

• Finally got to watch the game. McCaw's +8 was definitely a case of the old untrustworthy single game plus minus, unfortunately. He had some bright spots throughout but was mostly just his usual self. Heck even on that final clutch layup he got he nearly turned it over on an 8 second violation before Lowry hurried him up to the line. Sigh. I wish I could see what Nurse is valuing there.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Finally got to watch the game. McCaw's +8 was definitely a case of the old untrustworthy single game plus minus, unfortunately. He had some bright spots throughout but was mostly just his usual self. Heck even on that final clutch layup he got he nearly turned it over on an 8 second violation before Lowry hurried him up to the line. Sigh. I wish I could see what Nurse is valuing there.
                Maybe I'm over thinking it but it feels like the Raptors support of McCaw is not about his on court results. Perhaps it's about building a reputation in the league for developing players and not giving up on them quickly as many other teams do. That whole player centric approach to show players that this organization views them as valuable commodities and not objects. That kind of stuff may mean a lot to players, agents, player family members etc.

Comment

• I think it's a favor to McCaws agent or something
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I think it's a favor to McCaws agent or something
                    Maybe, if they want to get Jeremy Lin back or sign Rudy Gay cheap...

The answer is simple guys. Nurse likes what he does out there. Why? No idea. But he does.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Maybe I'm over thinking it but it feels like the Raptors support of McCaw is not about his on court results. Perhaps it's about building a reputation in the league for developing players and not giving up on them quickly as many other teams do. That whole player centric approach to show players that this organization views them as valuable commodities and not objects. That kind of stuff may mean a lot to players, agents, player family members etc.
                      I get what you're saying but there's no way "develop players" includes having him start and also plant him as the defacto rotation piece above other deserving options when his numbers are soooo bad. You can develop the kid in limited and garbage time like most teams do.

We joke that he's got something on Nurse/Masai but it's almost that weird.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I think it's a favor to McCaws agent or something
                        Well I'm thinking there has to be a tier or niche of these type of young players which have value as end of bench role players with potential. With all of the big bucks going to All stars and Superstars you have to be able to fill the end of your bench with cheap players that can hopefully produce. I mean Raptors found gems in undrafted players like FVV and TD. Those type of guys are looking for an opportunity to develop and prove themselves in hopes of a payday down the line and in a weird way the top players in that tier have their pick of where to go right? That could be the free agent market Masai is looking to build a reputation for Toronto as being a prime destination for.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I get what you're saying but there's no way "develop players" includes having him start and also plant him as the defacto rotation piece above other deserving options when his numbers are soooo bad. You can develop the kid in limited and garbage time like most teams do.

We joke that he's got something on Nurse/Masai but it's almost that weird.
                          The logic sort of falls apart considering a) they seem to have more invested in their success finding undrafted FA's, and both Thomas and Davis are losing minutes to McCaw, and b) Stanley Johnson, their second draft signing from this summer, has gotten absolutely zero minutes. Now, he doesn't deserve them, he's very bad. But so is McCaw.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The logic sort of falls apart considering a) they seem to have more invested in their success finding undrafted FA's, and both Thomas and Davis are losing minutes to McCaw, and b) Stanley Johnson, their second draft signing from this summer, has gotten absolutely zero minutes. Now, he doesn't deserve them, he's very bad. But so is McCaw.
                            I think you're agreeing with my comment? But perhaps not knowing it?
                            Or agreeing with me but you can never tell from your comments?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think you're agreeing with my comment? But perhaps not knowing it?
                              Or agreeing with me but you can never tell from your comments?
                              I'm agreeing with you and critiquing the same logic you were critiquing.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm agreeing with you and critiquing the same logic you were critiquing.
                                That's what I thought but didn't know if you did lol
                                Would have been easier just to respond to the other post

Comment

Working...
                                X