GAME #64 Toronto Raptors vs Utah Jazz - Monday March 9 2020, 9:00 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danno wrote: View Post

I always check the Advanced stats Defensive Ratings after every game. McCaw generally scores highly by this measure. Davis is really bad or really good, not consistent.
    Presuming this is on-court DRTG, which NBA.com tracks for all players, I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. Keep in mind a lower DRTG is better. I've ignored games with <10 MP for the best and worst games below to filter out teeny samples.

McCaw
    On-court DRTG: 105.5
    5 worst games on-court DRTG: 128.9
    5 best games on-court DRTG: 87.1
    10 worst games on-court DRTG: 123.6
    10 best games on-court DRTG: 90.4

Davis
    On-court DRTG: 102.4
    5 worst games on-court DRTG: 131.5
    5 best games on-court DRTG: 73.6
    10 worst games on-court DRTG: 124.2
    10 best games on-court DRTG: 79.6

Sure looks a lot like both players have the same worst games, give or take a few percentage points, and Davis does indeed have far better good games, and has them more often, bringing his average performance ahead of McCaw's.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I think they've needed him on the bench with all the injuries. A full roster and maybe he would get some 905 time - though the SG spot is thin.
      I tend to agree, but even when FVV, Norm and PM were all healthy I don't recall Davis doing any time with 905. They are handling him differently than the rookies that came before him. They're actually handling his minutes a lot like RHJ, and I get the feeling RHJ isn't a long term piece.

Comment

• Sooo has anyone heard about the idea that teams might start playing in empty arenas because of Coronavirus?
        OG is our king

Comment

• That's a huge relief.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That's a huge relief.

He might have more time than that to recover
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

He might have more time than that to recover
              As a damaged raptors fan who supported the team through all the heartache the first thing that went through my mind when I saw hiatus was that we would draw Brooklyn in round 1 and Durant and Irving would be back. That’s of course ridiculous but that was my reaction.

Comment

• I'd be astonished if they pushed the schedule or canceled games. There's a ginormous amount of money tied up in that TV contract and they will probably play to empty arenas right into the post-season if they have to rather than get themselves into a situation where some of that TV money might have to go back.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Utah and OKC players have apparently gone back to their locker rooms along with the officials. They were set to tip off now

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    Sooo has anyone heard about the idea that teams might start playing in empty arenas because of Coronavirus?
                    Ya its happing. GS will host a fan less game tmrw.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Gobert and Mudiay need to get a test done ASAP, and if they're positive then the Raptors are at risk as well

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Gobert and Mudiay need to get a test done ASAP, and if they're positive then the Raptors are at risk as well

Just great..as if the raps needed anything else,this team has been injured and now virus scare,this is just great.
                        OG better get tested..ASAP..just fantastic,they might cancel the nba season..probably empty arenas more likely..sucks.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• was this the last thread of this season
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So, Rudy Gobert plays sick vs. the Raptors, thereby exposing both teams and everyone close to him to whatever he may have. The Jazz know Gobert is sick, but let's open the arena anyways, and then this happens. Adam Silver needs to stop the games immediately. Shut it down.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• get our boys tested
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X