• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Norman Powell is your player of the week

Crazy. Congrats Norm!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I always thought superstar was a reach. That title is earned not given. Kawhi only became one last year if all things are considered. Although in 2017 he was shaping up to be one before he got hurt.

And its really only a handful of guys every year. AD is not a "superstar" IMO but is a max player. Neither is Paul George. Lebron definitely is. Giannis is but still has much to prove.

But typically (not always) the entire team is there to compliment that player. This year's Raptors don't compliment Siakam. Siakam is just a part of the team. He just happens to use the most usage. But Kyle Lowry is still the best player on the team. Just like it was when DeMar was here.

Siakam doesn't quite have that gear/resolve. But he's so young and it's his first year. Good thing we have Kyle on the team to take away that pressure. Just like Shaq was there for Wade when he won his first title.
      It's tomato tamahto and really just semantics.
      lebron, Kawhi, Durant and Giannis are really the elite for me.
      Anthony Davis is one hell of a player and really just a rung below as superstars. There's a ton almost there including PG, Westbrook, Harden then Unicorn, Doncic and a few others.

Siakam has a ways to go and it's his rapid ascension (not is age) that gives reason to hope he can at least get to the second rung.
      We all would change some of the players at different levels and for some, thye would call superstars what I call elite.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Was definitely wondering about this during the game last night. Wasn't sure whether anybody else in the conference was keeping up -- but Norm's been an absolute revelation since he's come back. Man oh man, to have this guy elevate to player of the week honours, and what that spells, again, like I can say so many times recently, wouldn't have seen this coming. Hopefully he can keep it up -- no signs that he can't. Just so impressed with our roster and how they keep surprising us. The development team we got is amazing to have players keep reaching these heights.
        I'm hoping Giannis is seeing Siakam as multiple POW, All-Star, Kyle fellow AS, Nick multiple COM and now Norm POW and goes HMmmmmm....

By the way, Norm Player Of the Week, POW POW

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I having trouble remembering exactly when, but didn't MLB have to do some pre-season games without fans for some reason? Players hated it. Was it SARS or something else or am I "mis-remembering"

EDIT: Googled it and this was what it was:
          On April 29, 2015, the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Chicago White Sox 8–2 in the first[a]crowdless game ever played by Major League Baseball teams.[2][3] Due to civil unrest in Baltimore following the death of Freddie Gray, an African-American man who was critically injured while in police custody 10 days earlier, there were insufficient security resources available for the game. The previous two games in the teams' series had been postponed, but the remaining game could neither be moved to another venue on short notice nor made up later in the season, so the decision was made to play the game at Camden Yards without allowing any fans to attend. The scheduled evening start time was also moved up to the afternoon for security reasons.

The stands were not completely empty; reporters, three times as many as usually covered a routine game, were allowed in the press box to cover the game, which was telecast live, photographers roamed the stands taking pictures, team staff patrolled the stands to recover foul balls, and three scouts also attended.[4] Some fans who wanted to see the game live gathered near the stadium's back gate to take in the limited views from that vantage point, while others took in the more expansive view of the field from nearby high-rise hotels.
          whatever atlanta played tons of games without crowds in the 80's. like in this poster that hung on my bedroom wall back then.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

whatever atlanta played tons of games without crowds in the 80's. like in this poster that hung on my bedroom wall back then.

lol ... yikes

Comment

No Marc tonight.
              I guess not playing on a back to back isn’t altogether surprising... though I’m not sure about the logic of using him yesterday instead of tonight... Boucher could’ve held his own yesterday probably. Gasol’s size would’ve been valuable against Gobert though. We’re gonna be at a big deficit in that regard.
              I think the team wanted to give him an 'easier night' to ease him in than have him up against a top center in Gobert

Comment

This is the first B2B2B I can remember (Back to Back to Bogdondavic)

Comment

nba_4_life wrote: View Post

I think the team wanted to give him an 'easier night' to ease him in than have him up against a top center in Gobert
                  The thing about Gobert is that he doesn't come across as a physical type player / banger. Play's a more finesse game with PnR ally-oop dunks and uses that huge wingspan for blocking shots. He's not a punisher / bruiser like Embiid or even Giannis. To me he's a tall skinny dude with Basketball skills and that Gasol would be more useful in matching up with Gobert than say Richard Holmes.

Comment

Gasol not playing..wow, u can't play 15 min, 20 maybe, well we know who wont b back next year, unless he takes a huge paycut, Ibaka is must sign...any word on freddy, if he does return, off the bench, powell ain't going anywhere from starting line up, same with OG..bench needs 2 get stronger, Freddy makes it happen, plus he will get his minutes..also a must sign. Powell contract is so good, 3 more years at 11 million per year, that's disgusting good value.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

lol ... yikes
                      "And the crowd goes mild!"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Norman Powell is your player of the week

I feel sorry for those who still don’t understand the grind. It’s not too late, Dan.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Powell contract is so good, 3 more years at 11 million per year, that's disgusting good value.
                          His last year is a player option, which, if this keeps up (which I hope it does) he certainly won’t be accepting... so basically we have him locked up for the rest of this year and all of next.

Comment

6 point dawg. Think thats the lowest ive seen since we played the lakers with no lowry or ibaka
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I feel sorry for those who still don’t understand the grind. It’s not too late, Dan.
                              I bought big time stock in Norm rookie season his play vs the pacers had me feeling good. After 2 years of mediocre play aside from the bucks series i bottom out and sold my Powell dollars. I never understood the grind was a slow one, boom to bust back to the biggest boom of all and he hasn't even been effect by the coronavirus dude is becoming the gold standard.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                6 point dawg. Think thats the lowest ive seen since we played the lakers with no lowry or ibaka
                                How’d that one turn out?

Comment

Working...
                                X