X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

But t rex told me siakam is trash
    Rent free!

Everytime this dude post you just knew he's going to sneak in the word trex. Lmao.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think in the back of some fans minds, the realty that you very likely need a superstar to win a chip or even make a finals appearance means you're mentally willing that elite status onto Siakam. But harsh fact; he's not there and he won't be this post season.

Fun fact, this year, we have to beats the odds and win without that guy.....

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Rent free!

Everytime this dude post you just knew he's going to sneak in the word trex. Lmao.
        You and the claw have the same approach, you like to say I'm stalking you. In reality I just think you're both morons. You're more a loud mouth, hes just straight annoying.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Btw, amazing thread mixx. I like using the jazz covers in the regvseason just for their game.

see, I mention everyone. Most for the right reasons.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You and the claw have the same approach, you like to say I'm stalking you. In reality I just think you're both morons. You're more a loud mouth, hes just straight annoying.
            Then stop replying to my posts lol. You have thousands of posts that I completely ignore as they make zero sense.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think the only thing that would cause panic is if even a sgl player on any team came down with it. That means his teammates were exposed to it over the prior few weeks and any team playing them would also be exposed since the former players may be asymptomatic for two weeks(?)

If it gets in a locker room, that's potentially serious.
              Imagine a playoff game with no fans in the arena? I know Canucks fans and Panthers fans are used to it but it sucks. My Oilers are finally a playoff team and this happens.

I think the biggest concern with this disease is doctors/scientists have no clue what they're dealing with. The only common theme in this virus is it attacks the elderly.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Norman Powell is your player of the week

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Forget Giannis....we're going to have to max out Norm

Comment

I think a lot of us thought that if we came home 3-2, that would be a good road trip. Have fun with the game tonight.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I think in the back of some fans minds, the realty that you very likely need a superstar to win a chip or even make a finals appearance means you're mentally willing that elite status onto Siakam. But harsh fact; he's not there and he won't be this post season.

Fun fact, this year, we have to beats the odds and win without that guy.....
                      I always thought superstar was a reach. That title is earned not given. Kawhi only became one last year if all things are considered. Although in 2017 he was shaping up to be one before he got hurt.

And its really only a handful of guys every year. AD is not a "superstar" IMO but is a max player. Neither is Paul George. Lebron definitely is. Giannis is but still has much to prove.

But typically (not always) the entire team is there to compliment that player. This year's Raptors don't compliment Siakam. Siakam is just a part of the team. He just happens to use the most usage. But Kyle Lowry is still the best player on the team. Just like it was when DeMar was here.

Siakam doesn't quite have that gear/resolve. But he's so young and it's his first year. Good thing we have Kyle on the team to take away that pressure. Just like Shaq was there for Wade when he won his first title.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Forget Giannis....we're going to have to max out Norm
                        His contract has swung from an anchor to a bargain lmao
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Norman Powell is your player of the week

Was definitely wondering about this during the game last night. Wasn't sure whether anybody else in the conference was keeping up -- but Norm's been an absolute revelation since he's come back. Man oh man, to have this guy elevate to player of the week honours, and what that spells, again, like I can say so many times recently, wouldn't have seen this coming. Hopefully he can keep it up -- no signs that he can't. Just so impressed with our roster and how they keep surprising us. The development team we got is amazing to have players keep reaching these heights.

Comment

But t rex told me siakam is trash
                            he's shareef abdur rahim basically, empty stats player on a bad team.

except his team wins. and they especially win the minutes he's on the court. and he takes/makes threes. and has a handle. and is a really good defender.

other than that they are basically the same player. like they are both listed at 6'9" 225-230 lbs.

Comment

No Marc tonight.
                              I guess not playing on a back to back isn’t altogether surprising... though I’m not sure about the logic of using him yesterday instead of tonight... Boucher could’ve held his own yesterday probably. Gasol’s size would’ve been valuable against Gobert though. We’re gonna be at a big deficit in that regard.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Imagine a playoff game with no fans in the arena? I know Canucks fans and Panthers fans are used to it but it sucks. My Oilers are finally a playoff team and this happens.

I think the biggest concern with this disease is doctors/scientists have no clue what they're dealing with. The only common theme in this virus is it attacks the elderly.
                                I having trouble remembering exactly when, but didn't MLB have to do some pre-season games without fans for some reason? Players hated it. Was it SARS or something else or am I "mis-remembering"

EDIT: Googled it and this was what it was:
                                On April 29, 2015, the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Chicago White Sox 8–2 in the first[a]crowdless game ever played by Major League Baseball teams.[2][3] Due to civil unrest in Baltimore following the death of Freddie Gray, an African-American man who was critically injured while in police custody 10 days earlier, there were insufficient security resources available for the game. The previous two games in the teams' series had been postponed, but the remaining game could neither be moved to another venue on short notice nor made up later in the season, so the decision was made to play the game at Camden Yards without allowing any fans to attend. The scheduled evening start time was also moved up to the afternoon for security reasons.

The stands were not completely empty; reporters, three times as many as usually covered a routine game, were allowed in the press box to cover the game, which was telecast live, photographers roamed the stands taking pictures, team staff patrolled the stands to recover foul balls, and three scouts also attended.[4] Some fans who wanted to see the game live gathered near the stadium's back gate to take in the limited views from that vantage point, while others took in the more expansive view of the field from nearby high-rise hotels.

Comment

Working...
                                X