No announcement yet.

GAME #64 Toronto Raptors vs Utah Jazz - Monday March 9 2020, 9:00 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was worried about this game without Gasol to match size with Gobert — but Serge and Co. completely and utterly neutralized him.

Beautiful stuff.

Get well soon, Norman.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Where Gorbert on your center rankings now?
      Still 2nd behind Embiid.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
        He looked like a poor man’s DeAndre Ayton tonight. Or do you mean second behind Embiid in terms of NBA centres owned by the Raptors? If that’s what you mean then I agree. Though Vucevic probably wantsvin on that.

Comment

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
          Really? You still trust the process?

Comment

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
            Oh i finally get your rankings now. It the top guys who get outplayed by aging raptors centers.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Really? You still trust the process?
              The only question with Embiid is durability.

It's just funny to me, y'all desperately want the Raptors to finish 2nd. Why? to avoid the Sixers in the 1st round in case they drop to 6th(which is a real possibility). You know you don't want to play Embiid in these playoffs specially in the 1st round. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Quality win against a quality opponent. Banged up and all. That "next man up" mentality actually works with these guys. Pretty rare but I think the championship experience plus the constant changing in starting line ups last year just helped get this team focused like they have.

Serge was the player of the game easily. Offensively he was sharp, but it was his ability to get Gobert out of the paint and just make him ineffective was the key. Rudy ended up with 6 points and 4 boards. Plus an ejection!

OG was great. Lowry and Siakam did what they do. Matt was great in his limited minutes. McCaw was good. One of his better games even though he only had 2 points. Felt like a Danny Green type of game from him.. one where Green misses all his shots (like what we saw in the playoffs).

Had a little debate in a different thread about Gobert and how I'd pass on him as a plan B in case Giannis didn't come here. Just one game, and the sample size is obviously not great.. but I'm convinced that 5's need to be able to shoot. And Gobert pretty much becomes a liability when he's chasing a floor spacer. Wouldn't want to give him a max.

Comment

It's just funny to me, y'all desperately want the Raptors to finish 2nd. Why? to avoid the Sixers in the 1st round in case they drop to 6th(which is a real possibility). You know you don't want to play Embiid in these playoffs specially in the 1st round. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
                  Most important ability is avail-ability. And that’s a huuuge question with Embiid, but not the only one. The other question is mental toughness. He’s a frontrunner who goes passive when things aren’t going his way.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

My Apologies regarding the Jazz Albums, love the idea / concept. Just kudos to Mixx on the 4 straight GT wins. Tonight was an exciting and well deserved win.
                    It started with Nurse comparing basketball and jazz and then golden expanded on it and I used it to make game threads hahaha. I'm glad you guys enjoy them. It's nice to have fun with this once in a while.

But great fucking win by Raps.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nobody is afraid of the Sixers, its just why wouldn't you want to avoid the better teams in the first round. Play the crappy Nets or magic first. Raptors can easily handle embid in the second round

Comment

I think, given the long list of injuries, and high minutes played by the veterans, the preferred goal would be to manage sweeps in the first two rounds. Get some nice rest days and time for the coaches to study the video of their 3rd round opponent to come up with defensive/offensive schemes. The Raptors opponent in the third round will have a hell of a lot less to study if Toronto can have an easy time of it by blasting through a couple of weak sisters.

Comment

• LOL what a game. This team is amazing.

I actually thought this was one of McCaw's better games in terms of being invisible and not killing us when he was on the court. He was one straw too many for the camel in that stupid bench lineup with no spacing (Boucher, RHJ, Siakam, McCaw, Davis) and only Pascal to create. But in the lineups with the starters he killed us occasionally rather than constantly and he had some bright spots defensively. He still can't be on the court late in games as he demonstrated oh so well with that turnover but if this was the McCaw we got every night he'd be annoying rather than an active threat to lose us every game. 2 points in 40+ minutes is still hilarious, but all the stuff around the edges he was bad rather than horrific like usual and that's good enough. Not good enough for him to slot in at the 8 spot but good enough for the team to survive his minutes, which is the bar I set for him now.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Few thoughts on the game:

1. Serge won the Gobert match-up not just by scoring but Gobert was forced out of the lane which opened space for the offense to operate. Took Rudy out of his comfort zone.
                              2. Siakam is playing much better when he needs to play slow. His quickness, speed and motor make him what he is but in the end-of-game scenarios the last couple games he has been very effective playing methodically in the half court. This is a great sign.
                              3. Utah wanted no part of the Raptors in the paint. The Jazz were reluctant all game to attack Serge/Pascal/OG to the point where they missed at least 3 layups throwing up panicked shots in close. This is a trend where teams are rushing not only threes but layups against the defense.
                              4. The way Toronto contained Mitchell and Conley on the high screen and roll with Gobert was masterful. Lowry/McCaw/OG did an amazing job on the perimeter all night. McCaw had his best game as a Raptor.
                              5. Raps not only out-rebounded Utah but outworked and outplayed them start to finish. An impressive performance from Toronto but that's a game the Jazz have to win at home. Still something missing in Salt Lake City.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                Jack is feuding with Utah fans lmao
                                Leo was on TSN this morning saying that Utah fans are worse than Philly
                                -swearing, talking trash with broadcasters, Jack should hit them with his cane lol

Comment

Working...
                                X