X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

The only question with Embiid is durability.

It's just funny to me, y'all desperately want the Raptors to finish 2nd. Why? to avoid the Sixers in the 1st round in case they drop to 6th(which is a real possibility). You know you don't want to play Embiid in these playoffs specially in the 1st round. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
    Most important ability is avail-ability. And that’s a huuuge question with Embiid, but not the only one. The other question is mental toughness. He’s a frontrunner who goes passive when things aren’t going his way.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Quality win against a quality opponent. Banged up and all. That "next man up" mentality actually works with these guys. Pretty rare but I think the championship experience plus the constant changing in starting line ups last year just helped get this team focused like they have.

Serge was the player of the game easily. Offensively he was sharp, but it was his ability to get Gobert out of the paint and just make him ineffective was the key. Rudy ended up with 6 points and 4 boards. Plus an ejection!

OG was great. Lowry and Siakam did what they do. Matt was great in his limited minutes. McCaw was good. One of his better games even though he only had 2 points. Felt like a Danny Green type of game from him.. one where Green misses all his shots (like what we saw in the playoffs).

Had a little debate in a different thread about Gobert and how I'd pass on him as a plan B in case Giannis didn't come here. Just one game, and the sample size is obviously not great.. but I'm convinced that 5's need to be able to shoot. And Gobert pretty much becomes a liability when he's chasing a floor spacer. Wouldn't want to give him a max.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Really? You still trust the process?
    The only question with Embiid is durability.

It's just funny to me, y'all desperately want the Raptors to finish 2nd. Why? to avoid the Sixers in the 1st round in case they drop to 6th(which is a real possibility). You know you don't want to play Embiid in these playoffs specially in the 1st round. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
    Oh i finally get your rankings now. It the top guys who get outplayed by aging raptors centers.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
    Really? You still trust the process?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Still 2nd behind Embiid.
    He looked like a poor man’s DeAndre Ayton tonight. Or do you mean second behind Embiid in terms of NBA centres owned by the Raptors? If that’s what you mean then I agree. Though Vucevic probably wantsvin on that.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Where Gorbert on your center rankings now?
    Still 2nd behind Embiid.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    I was worried about this game without Gasol to match size with Gobert — but Serge and Co. completely and utterly neutralized him.

Beautiful stuff.

Get well soon, Norman.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Yeah...you wouldn’t want that team on ESPN. 🧐

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I’m not Mixx, but I’ll take the credit anyway. Jazz was my idea after all. Mixx just executed it flawlessly.
    My Apologies regarding the Jazz Albums, love the idea / concept. Just kudos to Mixx on the 4 straight GT wins. Tonight was an exciting and well deserved win.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Lol. You could see on that play Siakam throw the ball to McCaw and instantly regret it. He looked him off a couple of times before, too.

Anyway, what a game. Siakam and Ibaka were huge. Ibaka continues to be the most underrated Raptor. OG was stellar on defense. And they did it without FVV, Gasol and Powell. Huge effort. Well deserved days off coming up.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Mixx you did it, you grabbed a 4 game road win streak. The Downey Performers of the Game - "Mixx".and Serge
    I’m not Mixx, but I’ll take the credit anyway. Jazz was my idea after all. Mixx just executed it flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Perhaps Nurse is trying to give himself and the team a challenge with McCaw on the floor. 4 vs 5 offensively, the decision making and the set plays have to be sharper.
    McCaw is our ankle weights. No other explanation tops that theory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X