Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    So stupid, so funny
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Baseball is a weird sport for that; spitting and the dugout is absolutely littered with gatorade cups and sunflower seed bags etc. Like, how hard it it to use a garbage can in the dugout? But easier to leave the pigsty for some minimum wage guy to clean up after the game.

And baseball can't be played without throwing over/holding the runner on first. Slides into 2nd mean you're zero feet apart, catcher and batter (and ump) are less than 6 feet apart, guys in the dugout can sit 6 feet apart but they're constantly crossing in front of each other for the next batter, on deck etc; it really doesn't work if real protection is the goal. But at least there's so little maximum effort in baseball so little risk there from breathing hard
      I forgot about pitchers licking their fingers to get a grip on the ball. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do that now(if there's a season). I suggest they use the rosin bag. That's what it's for. Again, not that hard.

Anyways, no spitting, licking your fingers to get a grip on the ball, chewing sunflower seeds , tobacco etc......Passan called it "ambitious". These rules are NOT hard to follow. But I'm sure we'll hear some baseball players complain about that. Baseball is already a dying sport, it used to be "America's Pastime" now it's way, way behind basketball and football in popularity. If they cancel their season this year and the NBA and NHL resume their season and the NFL start their season on time......oh boy.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I forgot about pitchers licking their fingers to get a grip on the ball. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do that now(if there's a season). I suggest they use the rosin bag. That's what it's for. Again, not that hard.

Anyways, no spitting, licking your fingers to get a grip on the ball, chewing sunflower seeds , tobacco etc......Passan called it "ambitious". These rules are NOT hard to follow. But I'm sure we'll hear some baseball players complain about that. Baseball is already a dying sport, it used to be "America's Pastime" now it's way, way behind basketball and football in popularity. If they cancel their season this year and the NBA and NHL resume their season and the NFL start their season on time......oh boy.
        Also batter constantly spitting in their gloves while at-bat. It's a pretty gross sport lol. And NHL players constantly rinsing their mouths out with the Gatorade or water bottle and spitting on the bench floor. NBA benches are pristine by comparison.

In the 2019/20 season, NBA games were attended by an average of 17,750 people. The total attendance at regular season games in the NBA reached its peak in the 2015/16 season, as 21.95 million people attended regular NBA season games during that particular season.

For MLB 2018, based on official numbers from the league, attendance was 69,625,244 over 2,415 dates, (FIRST TIME BELOW 70M IN 15 YEARS) or an average of 28,830 per game. The league saw the per-game average attendance drop 4% compared with 2017's average attendance of 30,042 (on 2,419 dates for a total of 72,670,423).

Baseball may be boring compared to the NBA, but it's sure not dying, contrary to popular belief or a Toronto-centric mindset ....
        Last edited by G__Deane; Mon May 18th, 2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/CTVNews/s...58730287833102

Comment

• Yeah, this is going to have a lot of long-lasting consequences. US customers are moving to suppliers in US states that are open and it is displacing Canadian manufacturers. That business will be difficult to win back and a lot of Canadian companies aren't solvent without it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, this is going to have a lot of long-lasting consequences. US customers are moving to suppliers in US states that are open and it is displacing Canadian manufacturers. That business will be difficult to win back and a lot of Canadian companies aren't solvent without it.
              This hasn't affected B2B delivery of materials from US to Canada and back (i.e. transport trucks, etc...). Our company has been open during the whole pandemic (quickly pivoted some lines to PPE to stay open) and we can still get the materials we need to operate.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This hasn't affected B2B delivery of materials from US to Canada and back (i.e. transport trucks, etc...). Our company has been open during the whole pandemic (quickly pivoted some lines to PPE to stay open) and we can still get the materials we need to operate.
                My dad is a truck driver. Business as usual.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Cross border commerce of goods and parts wasn't affected much, thank goodness. It's the tourism industry that got shot. They were the first ones hit and will be the last ones back.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

Comment

• Some guidance as the country opens up. In my opinion, well thought out.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...94eca88b3df125

Comment

• Can you believe that a week ago, the Feds were considering opening up the border to NY State?
                      Let's get the Canadian Provinces back to work safely and gauge results first, tourism can wait, sorry Niagara Falls....you and Banff will survive, more taxpayer cash bribes are on the way.

Comment

• So Dr. Theresa Tam is flip flopping again, she's now recommending the use of non-medical masks or a face covering where physical distancing of 2 metres is difficult to maintain. Just 2 months ago she said it wasn't necessary to wear a mask.

I don't think she knows what she's takling about but that's just me.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          So Dr. Theresa Tam is flip flopping again, she's now recommending the use of non-medical masks or a face covering where physical distancing of 2 metres is difficult to maintain. Just 2 months ago she said it wasn't necessary to wear a mask.

I don't think she knows what she's takling about but that's just me.
                          Her info comes straight from the WHO to her mouth. Same with the great Dr. Fauci in the states.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Shams says Disney world is the front runner for the "buuble" location for NBA to return
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Shams says Disney world is the front runner for the "buuble" location for NBA to return
                              I was wondering why Orlando, when Florida is in the bottom half of states based on infection & death numbers. So that makes sense. Isolate them all in Disneyworld.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I was wondering why Orlando, when Florida is in the bottom half of states based on infection & death numbers. So that makes sense. Isolate them all in Disneyworld.
                                Ya Flordia has also been willing to play ball with the UFC and wrestling so thats one less hoop to jump through politically.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X