Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 007 wrote: View Post
    Joe Ingles has said he doesn’t want to play if the NBA season resumes, as his wife is pregnant and one of his kids has a weakened immune system
    Then he can stay home. No one is forcing him to play.

    Weird though that he didn't stop playing during flu season which also hits pregnant women and children with immunity issues hard and can lead to pneumonias...

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      50 years ago, a parents’ job was to toughen up your kids to prepare them for the real world. Make them resilient and self sufficient. If you skinned your knee at school and came home crying to your mom, your dad would say.... do that again and I’ll give you something to cry about. Lol.

      Today, a parents’ job is to protect their kids against any and every conceivable bad thing that could ever happen to them... physically, socially, emotionally, financially, etc.... real or imagined.

      That ‘protect everybody from everything’ philosophy is mirrored with governments. The increasingly left leaning western governments nanny state and social engineering agendas have been beating our natural survival instincts and basic desire for self-sufficiency, resiliency and toughness out of our society for decades.
      This is the thing, schools point fingers at parents, parents at the schools, everyone at the government, but really the entire adult world is responsible for the next generation they've raised. Adults created the school system, adults created the devices and tech, adults run the gov, adults raise the kids. The weirdest thing in the world to me is to blame the kids for who they've become. Nobody wants to take responsibility.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • Would suck to be a Jazz fan. Bogdanovic is out with a season ending wrist surgery. And now Ingles might not play. They were probably a first or second round exit team anyway.. but still that sucks.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post

          Nah. The world needs more Keons.











          ..... if for no other reason, than to serve as a warning to others.
          I think what you're saying is I need to reproduce to keep RR thriving next generation. My kids can school t rex's stubborn little hellions in 2040.

          aye aye capn. I'll get started tonight.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post

            Preach on, brotha. It's even worse than you think, Miek. My son is 9 years old and in grade 4. Academics is already a lost cause for all the reasons you mentioned and more, but the social agenda even extends their tentacles into other areas like sports and a term I just learned about this year called "toxic masculinity".

            So at my son's school (a large GTA school board), they don't actually declare winners and losers in team sports, because if you actually lost a game, that would hurt your self-esteem and scar you for life. And then there's the sports, themselves. No real basketball or soccer, for example, just watered down versions to make everybody feel safe. And all sports are co-ed, because boys and girls are equal in every way. The piece de resistance was dodgeball... they cancelled DodgeBall because some girl got hit in the face and with a spongy ball and went home and cried to her parents. Dodge freakin' Ball is now a dangerous sport. I would laugh if I wasn't so mad.

            Fortunately for me, my son somehow realizes at an early age that all this stuff he's being taught is BS and he complains about how 'soft' his generation is, and the teachers for taking away all his fun. He knows instinctively that it's all wrong. It's no wonder North America can't compete against the rest of the world anymore..... kids are being taught that being competitive is morally bad from an early age, and there's no such thing as winners and losers. SMFH.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • I think a heard a jazz guy who listened to that interview say the singles quote was taken out of context. He said he wouldn't play if things were unsafe. He followed up that quote by saying he would go to Orlando and play in the bubble. But I think his concern is that his wife goes into labour and he wont be able to leave the bubble to be there
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                I think what you're saying is I need to reproduce to keep RR thriving next generation. My kids can school t rex's stubborn little hellions in 2040.

                aye aye capn. I'll get started tonight.

                Comment


                • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  I think a heard a jazz guy who listened to that interview say the singles quote was taken out of context. He said he wouldn't play if things were unsafe. He followed up that quote by saying he would go to Orlando and play in the bubble. But I think his concern is that his wife goes into labour and he wont be able to leave the bubble to be there
                  The solution is simple here: anyone that will get into this "bubble" will most likely get tested and be negative. So you go in, play, do your job, and earn your money. Then when your wife is about to have the baby, you leave to be with her, just like in the real world. No one is gonna keep you from doing that. Then when wife and baby get settled and you're ready to get back to work, you test again, get back in the "bubble", isolate for 14 days if need be, and do your job.

                  Gosh, I'll tell ya, in some industries there will be some much fussing when it comes to getting back to work, it'll be nauseating. In the next few months there will be a shortage of PPE, but also of chest hair.

                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Gosh, I'll tell ya, in some industries there will be some much fussing when it comes to getting back to work, it'll be nauseating. In the next few months there will be a shortage of PPE, but also of chest hair.
                    "lift my shirt, all mammal"


                    Comment


                    • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                      The solution is simple here: anyone that will get into this "bubble" will most likely get tested and be negative. So you go in, play, do your job, and earn your money. Then when your wife is about to have the baby, you leave to be with her, just like in the real world. No one is gonna keep you from doing that. Then when wife and baby get settled and you're ready to get back to work, you test again, get back in the "bubble", isolate for 14 days if need be, and do your job.

                      Gosh, I'll tell ya, in some industries there will be some much fussing when it comes to getting back to work, it'll be nauseating. In the next few months there will be a shortage of PPE, but also of chest hair.
                      I think the issue will be that second 14 day absence/quarantine.. that could be in the middle of the playoffs, and he could miss at least two rounds, maybe three - depending on how far they get. That's a long time to just be back, but not be able to play. Might as well just stay home then.






                      Comment




                      • So basketball by mid July? I can dig that.

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post

                          I think the issue will be that second 14 day absence/quarantine.. that could be in the middle of the playoffs, and he could miss at least two rounds, maybe three - depending on how far they get. That's a long time to just be back, but not be able to play. Might as well just stay home then.





                          Yeah but that's like having an injury which players go through all the time in general, except it's a potentially much shorter time. The way I see it, you play when you can, and if you have to be out for while, either for personal reasons (baby), or because you're hurt/isolating, you sit. The other times, be available to your team.

                          Besides, if you're test negative right before you re-join the team, you shouldn't have to wait 14 days.
                          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                          Comment


                          • I'll tell you guys, we are going places I never thought RR would go.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I'll tell you guys, we are going places I never thought RR would go.
                              Were do you go from here S.R?
                              Back to Orlando for game 1
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X