No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jun 1, 2020, 01:28 PM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But are you the guy who throws his paper towel on the floor when you use it to open the door on the way out?
      I yell "kobe" every time I throw something at the trash. And like Mr Bean Bryant, I'm 45% accurate.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Question I haven't seen answered: How long are asymptomatic carriers, contagious? 2 weeks, 4?
        I think 2 weeks is the maximum time it take to show symptoms after infection. People are most contagious for about a 5 day period when they are sick and shedding the viurs. I believe some study's have said people can continue to be contagious for 2-3 weeks but the risk is lower and that seems to be more rare that cases continue to be infectious that long.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think 2 weeks is the maximum time it take to show symptoms after infection. People are most contagious for about a 5 day period when they are sick and shedding the viurs. I believe some study's have said people can continue to be contagious for 2-3 weeks but the risk is lower and that seems to be more rare that cases continue to be infectious that long.
          I read that in this second wave in China its starting to look more like three weeks, not two. Don't know what that means for Canada.

Also keep in mind that people not showing symptoms can still spread it.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

But but but .... someone coughed in their hands and then put on their shoes and used that shoe to open the door and then you opened the door with your shoe and later took off your shoe and touched their nose and .....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

There's a big disconnect between general population (folks like you), and "the message" still being put out. It's starting to be tuned out. This weekend, I had a small get together Friday, another Saturday, and a round of golf with friends Sunday. The topic of covid 19 rarely came up, and when it did, it was usually some apathetic comment. But then I come to work today and its "signs, signs, everywhere the signs" "masks mandatory...6 feet mandatory.." Big business, this covid business.
              I've seen people starting to tune it out in my community too.

The first detected case of covid in Canada was January 25th. Given that the vast majority of cases are asymptomatic, and that there was very little testing back in Decemeber/January), and that many communities in Canada have close ties to where the pandemic started, it's very much possible cases were already around since late November or December, but undetected.

So it's been around here for at least 4 months, and possibly 6 months if we had at least one case on December 1st, which is quite possible. In these 4-6 months (roughly half with lockdown, half without), we had the following hospital data As of May 31st):
              • From this table, we can see that ~97% of deaths are over 60.
              • The number of people between 60 & 80 are only 25%. From what we know from covid (heavily skewed towards co-conditions), these 25% are most likely frail 60+ with close to an 80+ physiology (e.g. already suffering from COPD, which is the number 1 reason for hospitalizations in Canada, and/or other respiratory issues from smoking)
              • On March 20th, BC set aside "thousands" of hospital beds for covid. The highest number of occupied beds in a given day (out of the thousands set aside in BC ) was 149 (April 2nd). Data for the rest of the country is most likely similar, e.g. AB occupancy hovered around 5% occupancy throughout)
              • The grand total of people under 60 (the vast majority of the workforce) that died from covid in these 4-6 months is 208.
              • The number of people that get hit/injured by lightning in Canada every year is ~125 (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...questions.html)
              We've now delayed countless health procedures, and have now spent 530B on it directly (not counting indirect costs), which is twice as much what we typically spend to treat every other health condition combined (from toe fungus, to hip replacements, to triple by-passes, to births, to neurosurgeries, to highways accidents, to kidney transplants and beyond), for a whole year.

So people are growing weary of it. People in general can be quickly influenced by fear-loaded messages, but that only goes so far if none of the messages come to pass (like, "it will overrun our hospitals" or "it can kill 1.5M people in North America alone"). None of that happened, so now they shift the message to "Watch out for a 'second wave'" or "beware of unknown effects". At some point people start to look under the bed for themselves and see the boogeyman is not as big as they made it out to be, so you start to see this "tuning out" we're seeing in many communities.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I've seen people starting to tune it out in my community too.

So people are growing weary of it. People in general can be quickly influenced by fear-loaded messages, but that only goes so far if none of the messages come to pass (like, "it will overrun our hospitals" or "it can kill 1.5M people in North America alone"). None of that happened, so now they shift the message to "Watch out for a 'second wave'" or "beware of unknown effects". At some point people start to look under the bed for themselves and see the boogeyman is not as big as they made it out to be, so you start to see this "tuning out" we're seeing in many communities.

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Several hundred people in Calgary today protesting. No tickets were issued even though the event was in clear violation of the social distancing regulations in the city. Police were told not to issue tickets.

Calgary police fined a pastor $1200 for feeding the homeless and threatened fines of up to $100,000 for organizers of a planned pro-firearms rally.

Tells you everything you need to know about how seriously the Calgary authorities think the Wuhan Flu is and what they really using their emergency powers for.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...annot-ignored/

Comment

• Good on him
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Several hundred people in Calgary today protesting. No tickets were issued even though the event was in clear violation of the social distancing regulations in the city. Police were told not to issue tickets.

Calgary police fined a pastor $1200 for feeding the homeless and threatened fines of up to $100,000 for organizers of a planned pro-firearms rally.

Tells you everything you need to know about how seriously the Calgary authorities think the Wuhan Flu is and what they really using their emergency powers for.

Comment

• Sweden’s top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight COVID-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.
                              https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...tegy-wrong/amp

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Wuhan lung ain't nuttin to fuck wit!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X