Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is pretty typical media BS.

He clearly didn't admit to that. He said there are things they could have done better - mainly pertaining to nursing homes - but that their original strategy was sound.

you are free to agree or disagree with it, but they are still against lockdowns.

Comment

• Also, speaking of pandemic: we've opened up a lot of stuff now for a good 2, 3 weeks in almost every province. There has not been the "inevitable spike" we've all been told to prepare for. In fact, cases and hospitalizations are both still dropping here in Alberta, despite social distancing being pretty...let's say, lax.

It seems like every single doomsday scenario falls short like a fart in the wind (And I'm fucking happy for that, don't get me wrong). First it was "2 weeks till we're Italy!, 2 more weeks just you wait", America was gonna lose 2 million people, so many other things I can't pull right now. Lately we all hear about the "Second Wave" which sounds really foreboding like the title of a disaster movie but is skimpy on numbers, dates and details. And what point can someone finally admit that we fucking overreacted? I mean, it's not the worst thing to overreact to a sickness spreading so people won't crucify them for it, but why can we not just admit it was not as bad as they said it was going to be? It's not fucking hard to pull up news articles from early March and see what they had us preparing for, regardless of social distancing or not.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

this is pretty typical media BS.

He clearly didn't admit to that. He said there are things they could have done better - mainly pertaining to nursing homes - but that their original strategy was sound.

you are free to agree or disagree with it, but they are still against lockdowns.
        Yeah lots of people/media out there on the edge of their seat just waiting and hoping for Sweden to fail and fall into some big calamity. It's so petty.

Comment

• Ontario, Quebec account for more than 90% of national COVID-19 cases: federal data

New public health figures show Canada could see between 97,990 to 107,454 cases by June 15

So still less than 1/3 of 1% of the population affected affected or diagnosed, 10% of those 1/3 of 1% serious or deadly and now up to 82% of the 10% of those 1/3 of 1% are elderly or already sick and 90% of that ridiculously low is in ON or QB. In other words, nothing to see in the rest of the country except people out of work and behind on their mortgages and car payments with their savings shot.

Open up the rest of the country and restrict travel from and between ON and QB. Keep the US border closed for the next 8-12 weeks.
          -Hey Trudeau and Ford, pay me for my advice
          Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jun 4, 2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I agree. Protest away, blacks get a raw deal in the USA just as aboriginals do here. Its fucked up. I'm not against the protests. It's just funny because we decimated shit for coronavirus and now its on page 6 of the newspaper while people are still wondering if they can please operate their business again so they can pay their mortgage.
            Yes. Quite a bit of talking from both sides of the mouth lately. Coming to work I was listening to NBA radio (SiriusXM). Hosts were going on about how big of a "PR disaster" it would be if one of the players (19 to 35 yr old professional athletes) went to the hospital because of Covid after playing in the bubble (in August, with no fans). Went on about not being just the players, but also "team staff, hotel staff, catering etc.." They didn't go as far as saying players shouldn't accept playing but still collect the contract money, but that was the undertone I picked up as a listener.

Then on the next segment, they went on to talk about the significance of the massive protest gatherings, and how important it is for everyone to come together to change things (which I agree). Later on I went online to see if I could buy a cake that I could have it but eat it too, just like the one he wanted. It was sold out.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yes. Quite a bit of talking from both sides of the mouth lately. Coming to work I was listening to NBA radio (SiriusXM). Hosts were going on about how big of a "PR disaster" it would be if one of the players (19 to 35 yr old professional athletes) went to the hospital because of Covid after playing in the bubble (in August, with no fans). Went on about not being just the players, but also "team staff, hotel staff, catering etc.." They didn't go as far as saying players shouldn't accept playing but still collect the contract money, but that was the undertone I picked up as a listener.

Then on the next segment, they went on to talk about the significance of the massive protest gatherings, and how important it is for everyone to come together to change things (which I agree). Later on I went online to see if I could buy a cake that I could have it but eat it too, just like the one he wanted. It was sold out.
              Here's the thing, no government is going to crack down on a protest like this. It is too dangerous for their own power and control. So we can laugh and point out the hypocrisy of it all but if an "anti-COVID19 lock down" movement were this organized and supported you'd be back to work next week and in a month or two hospitals would be completely overrun... Assuming that the science is correct and I have no reason to not believe the science. Re-opening is a long term commitment, letting protesters protest is a very short term commitment.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Here's the thing, no government is going to crack down on a protest like this. It is too dangerous for their own power and control. So we can laugh and point out the hypocrisy of it all but if an "anti-COVID19 lock down" movement were this organized and supported you'd be back to work next week and in a month or two hospitals would be completely overrun... Assuming that the science is correct and I have no reason to not believe the science. Re-opening is a long term commitment, letting protesters protest is a very short term commitment.
                I disagree. Other than Northern Italy and a short burst in regions of Spain and Iran, where were hospitals ever overrun?

Northern Italy was milked for all it was worth from mid Feb to mid March as the poster boy for "this is gonna happen to YOU! STAY HOME!"

Comment

I disagree. Other than Northern Italy and a short burst in regions of Spain and Iran, where were hospitals ever overrun?

Northern Italy was milked for all it was worth from mid Feb to mid March as the poster boy for "this is gonna happen to YOU! STAY HOME!"
                  Potentially flawed logic. Are condoms useless as well? I mean I don't see a baby surge, so how do we really know that unprotected sex causes pregnancies? We need to trust the research that's been completed or not. But if 'not' it has to be for a reason stronger than your argument.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Potentially flawed logic. Are condoms useless as well? I mean I don't see a baby surge, so how do we really know that unprotected sex causes pregnancies? We need to trust the research that's been completed or not. But if 'not' it has to be for a reason stronger than your argument.
                    Well, we've been reopening for the better part of a month, and hasn't shown any ill effect on cases or hospitalizations. I guess the next test will be in a week or 2 after all the protests, I think we should know at that point that Susan can open her fucking book store back up again.

Comment

Well, we've been reopening for the better part of a month, and hasn't shown any ill effect on cases or hospitalizations. I guess the next test will be in a week or 2 after all the protests, I think we should know at that point that Susan can open her fucking book store back up again.
                      It will be interesting to see what happens.

This situation sucks big time and the goal posts move and the scientist pivot but I try to remind myself that this is a new frontier for the modern world. Science is racing to learn and solve. I try to keep perspective of if this were happening 150 years ago a lot of us would just die and that would be it.

Comment

• Seems like a big deal...

https://twitter.com/jeremyfaust/stat...15125323272192

Comment

Get out of that bookstore and get over to Wal-Mart, peasant!

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Hoarding those cakes like TP lol

Comment

• Yeah, Trump's bullshit turned out to be true. I'm sure he's just as shocked as everyone else.

Comment

Susan's book store was burned down last week, please try to keep up

Comment

Working...
                                X