Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Prove it.
    I think we can agree that panic and fear is negative.....you can't prove a negative

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think we can agree that panic and fear is negative.....you can't prove a negative
      I'm asking him to prove what sounds like a conspiracy theory. If you can read his mind then have at it and then explain it to me. Otherwise, what are you doing?

Comment

• And if he instead means that he feels panicked and scared then my apologies to Slaw for coming across insensitive.

Comment

I'm asking him to prove what sounds like a conspiracy theory. If you can read his mind then have at it and then explain it to me. Otherwise, what are you doing?
          You can absolutely both believe coronavirus is a real threat and also understand its been used like a cheap whore for doom and gloom stories by the media. Anyone can see that.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You can absolutely both believe coronavirus is a real threat and also understand its been used like a cheap whore for doom and gloom stories by the media. Anyone can see that.
            Media gonna media. Need their clicks.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bud, saying this as nicely as I can, you really need to understand when someone is just kidding around and relax. You seriously can't see what i did there?

Chill and don't think you have to defend everything or take offence so easily .... again, I mean that respectfully

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Lol, no. I was for drastic measures early on (closing borders, hiding away the young and elderly, masks, and shutdowns of high risk activities) when we knew nothing but the measure of this disease has been taken and while it is deadly for the elderly, people 18-55 have very little risk. When weighed against other factors there is little question that other than protecting vulnerable groups we should be going about our business. The idea of shutting down society for a year over this virus is patently insane and we never would have even considered any of this even 10 years ago but the world has gone mad and is run by idiots who cannot operate in complex environments or work through emergencies because they are not trained to do so.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      the most surprising part of this story is that the Kings somehow are in playoff contention? i must have missed that.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Lol, no. I was for drastic measures early on (closing borders, hiding away the young and elderly, masks, and shutdowns of high risk activities) when we knew nothing but the measure of this disease has been taken and while it is deadly for the elderly, people 18-55 have very little risk. When weighed against other factors there is little question that other than protecting vulnerable groups we should be going about our business. The idea of shutting down society for a year over this virus is patently insane and we never would have even considered any of this even 10 years ago but the world has gone mad and is run by idiots who cannot operate in complex environments or work through emergencies because they are not trained to do so.
                        I don’t recall anybody on this board talking about drastic measures early on. I was ranting about masks and people were still questioning that, although I don’t blame them.... at that point everybody still trusted the so-called smart people.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

the most surprising part of this story is that the Kings somehow are in playoff contention? i must have missed that.
                          More surprising part to me was Jabari is on the Kings? I never even knew that. The team i was shocked to find out are in the bubble are the damn suns.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

genuine question because i've heard this a bunch but never heard anyone offer up what that looks like... what does that look like? how do you protect the vulnerable with the rest of the population carrying on as normal? is every interaction with someone over 55 meant to take place with the PPE of a front line worker in NYC or italy a couple months ago? (except in reverse, with the vulnerable person in PPE)?

Comment

• There are a bunch of States in absolutely horrible shape demonstrating what it’s like for low-risk people to go about their business like everything is normal. Meanwhile, here in BC we are getting back to a semblance of normality due to people doing the hard work recommended and mandated and informed by good leadership.

The States are headed in the wrong direction, and it’s going to fuck things up for everyone, on almost every level. The massive share of the blame goes not to media writ large, let alone generally well-intentioned experts, but to the America right wing leadership and their media/propaganda ecosystem.

There’s no good reason wearing a mask should have such a sharp partisan divide in the midst of a pandemic. But this is not good reasoning at play here.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X