Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • suspenders wrote: View Post

    Hmm... Medical malpractice doesn't exist?
    No, it exists. Any other questions?

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Yeah, doctors would never do that. Also, they would never help an athlete illegally take steroids or HGH. They would never fill out prescriptions that people don't need to feed their addictions. They would never take bribes from pharmaceuticals to push on people and contribute to an opioid epidemic. They would definitely never work for and help Jeffrey Epstein run a child trafficking sex slave operation.

      Never.
      Where did I say it never happens?... Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

      Show me your evidence that doctors will forge fake documentation in significant numbers. If you're right then no worries, just commit fraud. You're in the clear Keon.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post

        I predicted plausible things they may try given the circumstances.

        First, I said that countries may come together and agree that no foreigners will be permitted within their borders without proof of vaccination. Canadians are not forced by Canada to do anything in this scenario. Canadians are forced by other countries to provide proof of vaccination to enter their borders.

        Second, I said if the Liberals felt bold they could try to allow companies/organizations in certain sectors to require vaccinations to work (ie: health care). I also said that I thought it would be unlikely to fly due to the unions blocking it.

        You then picked up the ball and ran so fast that you went back in time to 1984.
        Don't you hate when you're misquoted?

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post

          I didn't misquote you. I repeated back to you what I thought you communicated in order to make sure I understood. I then asked you if that were correct. A misquote doesn't end a question asking for confirmation about said interpretation. Don't misquote me, please. What you said in response to what I said to someone else was very vague. I'm not a mind reader.
          No, I said lock down LTC and let people go back to work with restrictions. Even saying 2M rule which includes mask wearing. hand sanitizing etc.

          You replied "You're suggesting to open it all wide open except long term care." when it's obvious I said anything but.

          You said I suggested it. There was no question mark as in "are you saying". It was an erroneous statement of what I said, period. Then is the face of facts, you double down and say you didn't quote me again lol

          I swear you're paid to keep posts going, otherwise it makes no sense

          Comment


          • Apollo wrote: View Post

            Where did I say it never happens?... Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

            Show me your evidence that doctors will forge fake documentation in significant numbers. If you're right then no worries, just commit fraud. You're in the clear Keon.
            Sucks to get misquoted doesn't it?

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              No, older people and people who come into contact with them frequently take extra precautions (wear masks, avoid certain places, see others less, practice common sense). Lots of nursing homes and old age facilities have been fine because they've taken measures to protect their people. Anecdotally, we have a son who has asthma, so we take precautions every flu season for him. This isn't rocket surgery. It isn't like the Pangolin Flu is the first infectious disease we've ever dealt with and this isn't ebola.
              so nothing special then? the long term care facilities that did fine you're referring to had staff and residents taking extra pre-cautions while the rest of society was largely on lockdown. not sure that's a comparable situation. but i'm mostly talking about the large vulnerable demographic that is not in long term care... how do they go about their daily lives? they can take the same pre-cautions they've been taking and do what you've pointed out (wear masks, avoid certain places, see others less, practice common), except everyone else won't be.

              Comment


              • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                Sucks to get misquoted doesn't it?
                Deane, if I hurt your feelings then I apologize. Peace.

                Comment


                • Apollo wrote: View Post

                  I don't think that they can legally force you to take a vaccination (thankfully we're not in communist China) but there are other likely effective methods they could deploy. They could make it so if you do not take the vaccination it causes inconveniences in your life.

                  As in a standardized immunization card recognized by all countries. Countries will just say you cannot enter because your papers are not in order. If they're really bold they could try to legislate something that gives employers the right in certain industries to mandate vaccination of COVID19 in order to work for that company but this likely won't fly with unions.

                  In any regard, this is why minority governments are the best configurations in democracy. Things move a little more slowly but more of the important discussions are had by all stakeholders.
                  For elementary & secondary students.... if your immunization records are not up-to-date in Ontario, they can (and will) suspend you from public school. That's already a law and they actually enforce it. I suspect they would just add Covid-19 to the list of must-have vaccinations.

                  No, they can't legally force you to have a vaccine... but if you want to take advantage of essential public services and institutions, they can send you up Schitts Creek if you didn't have one. Taking public transportation could potentially be another law that could pass, or being in any public space.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post

                    Deane, if I hurt your feelings then I apologize. Peace.
                    No hurt feelings. I just think it's funny when you take exception multiple times to being misquoted like you so often do yourself
                    You have to be able to laugh at yourself, peace indeed!

                    Comment


                    • 41 States showing massively increased cases. FL closing beaches again. TX at 100% IC unit capacity. This time around, many States showing ~50% of cases are 50 years old and younger.

                      And we are just starting to loosen the same restrictions they did.

                      I still don't think many sports will complete their seasons unless they each team wants to play short a few players every game

                      Comment


                      • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        41 States showing massively increased cases. FL closing beaches again. TX at 100% IC unit capacity. This time around, many States showing ~50% of cases are 50 years old and younger.

                        And we are just starting to loosen the same restrictions they did.

                        I still don't think many sports will complete their seasons unless they each team wants to play short a few players every game
                        And yet in Europe countries are beginning to hit stride.
                        Shorter strides mind you but strides.
                        The FIFA teams are playing, air travel is permitted, restaurants and stores are open. Case counts are stable.

                        At current course and speed the US may have herd immunity before a vaccine is available.

                        Comment


                        • The cases in Florida is spiking at an unprecedented rate. The situation today in FLA is actually worse than it was 3 months ago.

                          My question is, if the NBA is so adamant in resuming their season under these circumstances then why suspend the season in the first place? i know money talks so who cares if a player die right?

                          Comment


                          • Sonny wrote: View Post
                            The cases in Florida is spiking at an unprecedented rate. The situation today in FLA is actually worse than it was 3 months ago.

                            My question is, if the NBA is so adamant in resuming their season under these circumstances then why suspend the season in the first place? i know money talks so who cares if a player die right?
                            Gotta hit "X" amount of games to satisfy the contract for TV money. Expect to hear rhetoric like "The NBA is leading the charge to normalcy under difficult circumstances" and "Adam Silver praised for his forward thinking approach during the pandemic."

                            Comment


                            • Sonny wrote: View Post
                              The cases in Florida is spiking at an unprecedented rate. The situation today in FLA is actually worse than it was 3 months ago.

                              My question is, if the NBA is so adamant in resuming their season under these circumstances then why suspend the season in the first place? i know money talks so who cares if a player die right?
                              No player is going to die. The NBA is more worried about pop, dantoni and Gentry.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                                No player is going to die. The NBA is more worried about pop, dantoni and Gentry.
                                Dantoni should have been more worried about his waistline for the last decade as COVID now

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X