Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 007 wrote: View Post
    San Francisco is locking down for the next three weeks
    Just came here to say the same. We've been about 3 days behind them every step of the way. People may remember last monday san fran was the first to say "no fans at games"...seems like a distant memory now. They all cancelled school on Friday. If timelines line up, Canada will be in full lockdown on Thursday of Friday.

    Damn
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • 007 wrote: View Post

      I’m already staying home as much as possible. I feel like we’re gonna get hit hard in the next couple weeks
      I've been working from home since Friday and was told today that that's what I'll be doing for two weeks at least(I haven't left my place since last friday).

      What I can't take my mind of off is I usually take the skytrain/bus to work everyday. So I don't know if I've already been exposed or not. I don't have any symptoms though.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • The Great One wrote: View Post

        I've been working from home since Friday and was told today that that's what I'll be doing for two weeks at least(I haven't left my place since last friday).

        What I can't take my mind of off is I usually take the skytrain/bus to work everyday. So I don't know if I've already been exposed or not. I don't have any symptoms though.
        It was weird seeing the traffic cameras during the evening rush, and images of TTC stations etc on the news...empty

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post
          ^^^ Hard to tell, because a lot of those warm countries are barely even testing for it.
          Australia has been testing heavily

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post

            Australia has been testing heavily

            I pray that warm weather will slow it down, but.... Will warmer weather help fight the coronavirus? Singapore and Australia suggest maybe not

            https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/...hnk/index.html

            Comment


            • https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...antine/sn-amp/
              Raptors’ Chris Boucher apologizes for breaking self-quarantine

              Last edited by Tmac2darak; Tue Mar 17th, 2020, 08:45 AM.

              Comment


              • Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...antine/sn-amp/
                Raptors’ Chris Boucher apologizes for breaking self-quarantine
                I like Chris but that was just a dummy move that won't ingratiate him to NN or the Raptor's organization. Whatever he needed could have been fetched for him by a Raptor peon.

                Comment


                • Watching ON Premier Doug Ford's announcement this morning.
                  Looking for instant Unemployment Insurance, help for small business reliant on customers week to week, self-employed not eligible for UI, "no one will be forgotten but I stress it's with the help and cooperation of the Federal Government"

                  Airlines already asking for $50B!

                  This is going to cost taxpayers a fortune....maybe banks can offer 1 month mortgage payment forgiveness to start out of the billions they make every quarter?

                  Comment


                  • I dont understand letting Americans in either. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm a canadian citizen travelling from the US to Canada I'm expected to self-isolate for 14 days, but if I'm a US citizen traveling from the states to Canada, I can just walk around freely? Is this correct?

                    Comment


                    • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I dont understand letting Americans in either. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm a canadian citizen travelling from the US to Canada I'm expected to self-isolate for 14 days, but if I'm a US citizen traveling from the states to Canada, I can just walk around freely? Is this correct?
                      No, I think as part of the "Americans can come in" rule, they are giving the same guidelines as for any Canadian returning to the country, to self-isolate for 14 days. But all of that is a recommendation at this point.

                      If Canada blocks the border, there are very real economic implications to that, at a time when some serious economic implications of the virus are already looming. That doesn't mean the right decision isn't to do it anyway, but it's complicated.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • There is an alarming number of people at work today. Work culture is real in north America. Take some medicine and get to work. Who cares if people die right?
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post

                          No, I think as part of the "Americans can come in" rule, they are giving the same guidelines as for any Canadian returning to the country, to self-isolate for 14 days. But all of that is a recommendation at this point.

                          If Canada blocks the border, there are very real economic implications to that, at a time when some serious economic implications of the virus are already looming. That doesn't mean the right decision isn't to do it anyway, but it's complicated.
                          Thats kinda stupid though. You can travel here as a tourist for example from the US, but if you do you'll be expected to self isolate for the first 2 weeks of your vacation? That doesn't even make sense. Oh, you're coming here for a business meeting on Thursday, that's great, but you are expected to self isolate for two weeks first? Makes even less sense. So you don't have to block the border. You can still allow freight to come in without allowing people in that aren't directly involved in the transportation of said freight. Plus, the amount of freight coming in or out is likely to decrease as this continues, as more measures are put in place and more people are expected to stay home from work. Anyways, it's stupid and the border should be sealed to all non-essential traffic. If you're gonna do it, may as well do it right.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            There is an alarming number of people at work today. Work culture is real in north America. Take some medicine and get to work. Who cares if people die right?
                            I’m thankful that everyone in my immediate family is either in school (online classes) or can work fully from home, but yeah it’s alarming how much it’s business as usual in a lot of sectors
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              There is an alarming number of people at work today. Work culture is real in north America. Take some medicine and get to work. Who cares if people die right?
                              My boss still thinks it doesn't apply to us
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • The Great One wrote: View Post

                                I've been working from home since Friday and was told today that that's what I'll be doing for two weeks at least(I haven't left my place since last friday).

                                What I can't take my mind of off is I usually take the skytrain/bus to work everyday. So I don't know if I've already been exposed or not. I don't have any symptoms though.
                                i've been working from home since last wednesday for the same reason... i don't have a car and taking the skytrain twice daily while this is going on seems pretty reckless.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X