Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/los-...ronavirus.html

    Doesn't it say they wouldn't reveal if the child had underlying health conditions?!
    They said healthy child when I wrote this post. Also, there are now multiple deaths of people under 18 yrs old in America, and one child died in England, but governments around the world are calling them "complex" cases for now

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Let's try that again with a different link:
      Thank you for sharing this.

      Here's praying for Spain, and for us all.

      Comment


      • It had a good run 😉

        Comment


        • Why is the curve not flattening in Italy?

          Comment


          • Sonny wrote: View Post
            Why is the curve not flattening in Italy?
            Too much kissing on both cheeks

            Comment




            • https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/icelan...s-report-says/
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • Top 9 stories in the cbc website is Corona

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • This is good. More and more studies confirm that the virus is not mutating very fast, giving us hopes that we'll be able to develop vaccine that will last a long time.

                    Comment


                    • Doing good news only- Been trying to just not look at anything for the last week as to me it was pointless just reading bad story after bad story.
                      Today 45% of B.C cases have recovered. (B.C seems to be doing to most reporting on recovered patients). We have now officially been in social distance practicing for 14 days. So now every case will either be a return traveler since those times or what i will call post-quarantine cases.

                      Starting Monday i think we will start to see that these practices worked. We aren't completely out of the woods but i think its safe to say what we have been doing is working. We avoided that initial rush of patients to a hospital overloading the system. Another 14 days and we may be able to say for certainty that we have survived the "worst case scenario". But all signs point to that being the case.

                      The states is still a week behind it seems like. Hope they can follow on the same path. But looks like Canada did a good job on this, maybe its the make up of the people, maybe its the lower density, maybe its the collective province to province response. But something helped us be better prepared then out brothers and sisters down south.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Doing good news only- Been trying to just not look at anything for the last week as to me it was pointless just reading bad story after bad story.
                        Today 45% of B.C cases have recovered. (B.C seems to be doing to most reporting on recovered patients). We have now officially been in social distance practicing for 14 days. So now every case will either be a return traveler since those times or what i will call post-quarantine cases.

                        Starting Monday i think we will start to see that these practices worked. We aren't completely out of the woods but i think its safe to say what we have been doing is working. We avoided that initial rush of patients to a hospital overloading the system. Another 14 days and we may be able to say for certainty that we have survived the "worst case scenario". But all signs point to that being the case.

                        The states is still a week behind it seems like. Hope they can follow on the same path. But looks like Canada did a good job on this, maybe its the make up of the people, maybe its the lower density, maybe its the collective province to province response. But something helped us be better prepared then out brothers and sisters down south.
                        I think it's a combination of everything you've said. Just because these measures have worked though doesn't mean the social distancing is over. We'll likely be living like this for a couple months.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post

                            I think it's a combination of everything you've said. Just because these measures have worked though doesn't mean the social distancing is over. We'll likely be living like this for a couple months.
                            I dont think how we are living right now is going to be the norm for a couple months. I think we will start to get good news over the next couple weeks and maybe 14 days from now "essential services" will be expanded by a bit to get a few more place running at regular operations. After that i can see slowly trying to return to normalcy every 14 days (In order to gauge how we can handle the changes).

                            But for sure something are going to be a long term. School of any sort is not happening till fall, International travel will be off the table all summer. Big events will not take place for a long time.
                            Something i could see becoming the new norm is how illness is treated for at least the next few years in order to prevent a 2nd outbreak. Once testing is widely available and we have survived the 1st wave. If you have flu like symptoms you get tested immediately, If your are positive for corona it will be treated like an STD and you will be required to get into contact with everyone who had physical contact with and they must get tested.

                            I dont think a vaccine is anywhere on the horizon. SARS and MERS both Corona virus have yet to have been able to find vaccines and they have been trying for 10+ years. We may be looking at a situation where we have to change how we as society deal with sickness or find medicine to improve recovery but i wouldn't counting on a vaccine to sweep in and save the day
                            Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Mar 29th, 2020, 12:29 AM.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                            Comment


                            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                              I dont think how we are living right now is going to be the norm for a couple months. I think we will start to get good news over the next couple weeks and maybe 14 days from now "essential services" will be expanded by a bit to get a few more place running at regular operations. After that i can see slowly trying to return to normalcy every 14 days (In order to gauge how we can handle the changes).

                              But for sure something are going to be a long term. School of any sort is not happening till fall, International travel will be off the table all summer. Big events will not take place for a long time.
                              Something i could see becoming the new norm is how illness is treated for at least the next few years in order to prevent a 2nd outbreak. Once testing is widely available and we have survived the 1st wave. If you have flu like symptoms you get tested immediately, If your are positive for corona it will be treated like an STD and you will be required to get into contact with everyone who had physical contact with and they must get tested.

                              I dont think a vaccine is anywhere on the horizon. SARS and MERS both Corona virus have yet to have been able to find vaccines and they have been trying for 10+ years. We may be looking at a situation where we have to change how we as society deal with sickness or find medicine to improve recovery but i wouldn't counting on a vaccine to sweep in and save the day
                              SARS and MERS died out (or maybe didn't really get kicked off) before a vaccine was fully tested and released. It was the lack of need that stopped those vaccines, not the lack of possibility. A lot of vaccine research for SARS-CoV-2 is based on the SARS and MERS research since they're related.
                              Last edited by KHD; Sun Mar 29th, 2020, 10:01 AM.

                              Comment


                              • KHD wrote: View Post

                                SARS and MERS died out (or maybe didn't really get kicked off) before a vaccine was fully tested and released. It was the lack of need that stopped those vaccines, not the lack of possibility. A lot of vaccine research for SARS-CoV-2 is based on the SARS and MERS research since they're related.
                                Apparently, a bunch of different groups had vaccines ready for SARS testing, but they couldn't raise the 1-2 million dollars required for full-scale clinical trials, so those efforts were shut down. That was around 2009-2012 time-frame, when nobody cared. Ounce of prevention, for real.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X