No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Gates has been doing good work for a long time, in an era when everyone's complaining about the 1% this guys has committed to giving away most of his wealth, challenges other billionaires to do the same, and was working thanklessly on pandemics years before any tinfoil hat Facebook posters or antivaxxers cared what he was doing. But now pandemic is in the headlines and WHO is all the rage and apparently Bill Gates is now Satan. Did I mention he was spending his own time and money (a lot of money) to get basic immunizations, sanitation, etc. to some of the poorest people in the world while the rest of us were scratching our assets, watching sports, and making Tik Toks? And he's not a celebrity showing up at a high profile gala and dropping cheques on camera, he actually gets involved in his work and uses his own time + brain power on these issues as much as he uses his money.

Sometimes this is all exhausting.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Bill Gates has been doing good work for a long time, in an era when everyone's complaining about the 1% this guys has committed to giving away most of his wealth, challenges other billionaires to do the same, and was working thanklessly on pandemics years before any tinfoil hat Facebook posters or antivaxxers cared what he was doing. But now pandemic is in the headlines and WHO is all the rage and apparently Bill Gates is now Satan. Did I mention he was spending his own time and money (a lot of money) to get basic immunizations, sanitation, etc. to some of the poorest people in the world while the rest of us were scratching our assets, watching sports, and making Tik Toks? And he's not a celebrity showing up at a high profile gala and dropping cheques on camera, he actually gets involved in his work and uses his own time + brain power on these issues as much as he uses his money.

It's just funny 10 years ago bill gates was a total asshole. He was unethical, he stomped on small start ups and ruined them and took their ideas. I'm sure you've heard of his anti trust lawsuits. But of course, how else would you get 100 billion dollars?

did you know Paul Allen called working with him "total hell", and that gates tried to fire him and sell his stock when he had stage 4 lymphoma? That's how little he let empathy stand in the way of money and power.

It's just crazy how he turned it around and became modern day mother Theresa (although mama T may not be all she was cracked up to be either). He cares about you and me and the tik tok kids and the ass scratchers, more than he cares about his billions! Damn! Mind you, he does have another passion project, and that's population control, ties to eugenics. His mom and dad were very affluent people on "the scene" and ran various "commitees" ie, planned parenthood. They shaped Bill's beliefs very strongly, he admires them very much.

anyways, I knew I'd catch some heat for bringing that name up, but fuck it. I'm not making anything up or insinuating anything in this post, these are just facts that mean maybe nothing, and I'm just another loon, and bill just really wants to help every single person, while also on his vaccine/population control mission hes been on for 15 years (his official YouTube account has his views on population control via vaccination you're welcome to peruse, you may like him even more)
      Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Apr 23, 2020, 01:58 PM.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If I keep reading this stuff even Kyrie will start seeming normal...
        Last edited by meductic; Thu Apr 23, 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Apollo

It may be nearing the time to at least move this thread out of the Raptors forum.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
            I keep reading this stuff and even Kyrie will start seeming normal...
            Which part seems "wacked out" or "out there"?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Apollo

It may be nearing the time to at least move this thread out of the Raptors forum.
              I can drop it, I understand people don't like hearing it.

Comment

• I think it's ok to leave this thread here if it's to talk about covid, how it affected Canada, speculate when sports will/should be back etc..
                It's when it veers off to "secret societies" and "contrails are mind control" talk that it gets off topic, but some self-moderation between us should keep things tidy. If we had to move every thread that veers off course no one would find them and now all of sudden we don't have neither basketball nor you crazy dawgs to talk to.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Bill Gates has been doing good work for a long time, in an era when everyone's complaining about the 1% this guys has committed to giving away most of his wealth, challenges other billionaires to do the same, and was working thanklessly on pandemics years before any tinfoil hat Facebook posters or antivaxxers cared what he was doing. But now pandemic is in the headlines and WHO is all the rage and apparently Bill Gates is now Satan. Did I mention he was spending his own time and money (a lot of money) to get basic immunizations, sanitation, etc. to some of the poorest people in the world while the rest of us were scratching our assets, watching sports, and making Tik Toks? And he's not a celebrity showing up at a high profile gala and dropping cheques on camera, he actually gets involved in his work and uses his own time + brain power on these issues as much as he uses his money.

Not disagreeing entirely but ol' Bill could give away a hundred million every year and not even notice .... How much do youi think he'd be worth if he took $X off every PC sale and there was no stock market? Same with Buffett. And Bezos

Comment

• OT discussion and thread drift is what keeps many forums alive .... no undue moderation or censorship required above the basic civility rules of the forum.... imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      OT discussion and thread drift is what keeps many forums alive .... no undue moderation or censorship required above the basic civility rules of the forum.... imo
                      Disagree. A basketball forum goes off topic and some basketball fans stop coming back.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Which part seems "wacked out" or "out there"?
                        I am a member of Rotary that has been working hard to get rid of Polio... so most of it.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post

I am a member of Rotary that has been working hard to get rid of Polio... so most of it.
                          That sounds like a great cause, thank you for your hard work!

Comment

• Thank you, if it was not intended as sarcasm. Jenny McCarthy, an ex playboy centrefold claimed this was the cause of her son’s autism based on an article by Andrew Wakefield in the Lancet medical journal of Feb 28,1998. The article was consequently withdrawn and Wakefield lost his license for making up his statistics. From this article and Jenny McCarthy the anti Vaxxer thing took off.
                            But I think there are some incredibly irresponsible things being said on this thread that could have very dire consequences on people’s health...

Comment

• #TankforCorona?
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                I think it's ok to leave this thread here if it's to talk about covid, how it affected Canada, speculate when sports will/should be back etc..
                                It's when it veers off to "secret societies" and "contrails are mind control" talk that it gets off topic, but some self-moderation between us should keep things tidy. If we had to move every thread that veers off course no one would find them and now all of sudden we don't have neither basketball nor you crazy dawgs to talk to.
                                I find your posts informative and thought provoking. The challenge is for every post like that there are several from others that are....not.

Comment

Working...
                                X