Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

    I really think companies are going to do away with office rent and electricity bills. Secretaries are almost irrelevant now. I expect a big shift away from the industrial parks we have filled with offices now. It's all just bloat.
    The other career that is getting exposed are teachers. My son is e- learning and you can see that the actual curriculum can be taught in less than 2-hrs per day. Even less if the teacher prepares videos and other study materials in advance because students can learn anytime of the day. It’s apparent that teachers are stretching out the school day because they don’t actually fail any kids these days and teachers don’t want hassles from parents of slow learners. And also because teachers don’t like to work too hard in general and love their summers off, March break and PA days + Cadillac benefits packages and pensions. There’s so much extra fluff activities that don’t actually prepare kids with hard skills just to fill in the day with easy stuff, instead of important things like math and science that could be taught at a better level. The smart kids are being short changed ... they could learn a lot more, if challenged.

    In theory you could have 1 top notch e- teacher instructing like 100 students via e-learning in some type of hybrid system, but we’ll be seeing dozens of teacher’s strikes long before that happens.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      The other career that is getting exposed are teachers. My son is e- learning and you can see that the actual curriculum can be taught in less than 2-hrs per day. Even less if the teacher prepares videos and other study materials in advance because students can learn anytime of the day. It’s apparent that teachers are stretching out the school day because they don’t actually fail any kids these days and teachers don’t want hassles from parents of slow learners. And also because teachers don’t like to work too hard in general and love their summers off, March break and PA days + Cadillac benefits packages and pensions. There’s so much extra fluff activities that don’t actually prepare kids with hard skills just to fill in the day with easy stuff, instead of important things like math and science that could be taught at a better level. The smart kids are being short changed ... they could learn a lot more, if challenged.

      In theory you could have 1 top notch e- teacher instructing like 100 students via e-learning in some type of hybrid system, but we’ll be seeing dozens of teacher’s strikes long before that happens.
      That's the Chinese model. Internet learning is huge there. People here without jobs can look online at Dada English, there are a couple more. You can teach little Chinese kids from your home on your schedule. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

      I don't think there is a replacement for a good teacher, but public unions don't breed the best anything.
      ​​​

      Comment


      • https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms06Xb0ZYaA

        Food riots in Venezuela and South Africa from disrupted supply chains. I don't know much about South Africa, but Venezuelan shartages due to covid might just be a good scapegoat, since the virus was created in an American military lab.

        Go stock up on things Canada doesn't produce. We shouldn't have a problem with meat, eggs, wheat, and vegetables. Coffee is something I don't think we make.

        We have transport trucks, and we are, used to be?, an oil producing country.
        ​​​​​​

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          How in gods name can there be NO evidence yet one way or the other? Do they not have scientists and data to maybe look into that? What a circus.
          Some of the reaction to these antibodies studies has been very strange.

          These studies should be encouraged and the preliminary results, albeit with areas to cleanup on the methodology, should be celebrated, as they’re bringing good news and a better understanding of the virus. They point to a lower severity/mortality than previously thought, and they mark the progress towards herd immunity.

          But It's like these positive takes appear inconvenient to many people. Disturbingly, these antibodies studies that aim to bring some light at the end of the tunnel, are often criticized, picked apart, dismissed, and accused of being irrelevant as they “won’t protect from second wave”. This is despite the fact that they’re coming from all over the world, including public and private institutions and universities in Europe, Asia, and North America.

          Whether these antibodies will protect from a second wave or not, is secondary; the true value of these antibody tests is in shining a light on the true severity/mortality of this (showing it to be much lower), and telling the average time a group will take to reach herd immunity. They basically tells us how strong we are in relation to the virus, individually and as a population. That's incredibly important information.

          But It's almost as if some don't want the public to see a way out of this soon or hear positive takes. Either that or they're afraid of having egg in their faces from their doomsday models. Really weird.
          2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

          Comment


          • https://ca.yahoo.com/news/want-life-...172100769.html

            Protests in Germany where just two years ago mass sexual assaults were allowed, and victims were told to look less whorry, are met with riot gear and arrests.

            Comment


            • I hope everyone is safe and healthy

              Comment


              • LandyFey wrote: View Post
                I hope everyone is safe and healthy
                Thanks and ...... welcome?

                Comment


                • https://ca.yahoo.com/news/germany-sa...144812180.html

                  Chinese diplomats approached German government officials in an attempt to encourage them to make positive statements on how Beijing is handling the coronavirus pandemic, the German interior ministry said in a letter this month.


                  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...iracy-theories

                  CHINA has been accused of openly threatening the EU - warning Brussels to block a report alleging Beijing was deliberately spreading disinformation about the coronavirus outbreak, or face the consequences.


                  So remember when they make you sick, and send you faulty medical equipment after secretly having their over seas companies send them our medical equipment that you have to take it, or else. Pattern of do as I say or else with these types.

                  Comment


                  • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/germany-sa...144812180.html

                    Chinese diplomats approached German government officials in an attempt to encourage them to make positive statements on how Beijing is handling the coronavirus pandemic, the German interior ministry said in a letter this month.

                    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...iracy-theories

                    CHINA has been accused of openly threatening the EU - warning Brussels to block a report alleging Beijing was deliberately spreading disinformation about the coronavirus outbreak, or face the consequences.

                    So remember when they make you sick, and send you faulty medical equipment after secretly having their over seas companies send them our medical equipment that you have to take it, or else. Pattern of do as I say or else with these types.
                    Surprise, surprise. You don't do what puppet-master China tells you do to, then China will stop buying your expensive German automobiles and/or giving you money. The WHO, MIT, Scripps Institute, NBA, Nike, .... it goes on and on. "Money talks, BS walks" is not even trying to be subtle anymore.

                    Comment


                    • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      [ I'm an apolitical person. I've voted both right and left in my life. If an electoral riding was made up just by voters like me, it would be a battleground swing riding where elections are won and lost. I don't like Donald Trump, and I don't like Greta Thumberg either. I don't watch American TV, and I don't believe in world domination conspiracies . ]

                      Today (April 25th), marks 3 full months since the first covid case was detected in Canada (first detected case was January 25th):

                      --In 3 full months, there has been 2,302 fatalities attributed to covid in Canada. That is 0.006% of our population. According to CBC, at least half of those were people in LTC homes, which are individuals with very frail immune systems, with several other co-conditions, living in close quarters. Statistics are now coming to light that this was also the case in Europe. That number also includes many that died with covid but not from it.

                      --Some are of the opinion that the issue are not fatalities, but the "overrunning" of hospitals, which would be detrimental to the care of other health issues. In February, common comments were "we're only at the beginning, our hospitals will be overrun, models are predicting over one million people dying in North America”.

                      —Three months in (half of which with no restrictions, half with strict ones), and several 14-day cycles after, many of our hospitals sit half-empty. Covid itself haven’t interfered with our ability to care for other conditions, but our reaction to it has, as many patients see their care interrupted/disturbed as beds are set aside for a “wave” that never came, and doctors and nurses are ordered to stay home when they get a runny nose.

                      —Antibody studies are now being performed worldwide, to see who got it in the past and is now immune to it. It’s a valuable test, because (a) if/when enough people in a particular jurisdiction have the antibodies, herd immunity is achieved; and (b) it’s the key to know the true severity/mortality rate, by finding all the people that ever got it in an area, then comparing that number to the number of people that actually died from it.

                      —Theses studies have found that the numbers of real cases are at least 10x higher (in some cases 50 to 80 times higher) than the number of detected cases, which puts the true mortality rate at much, much, lower than originally anticipated/calculated, at 0.1% to 0.2% (and that includes people in LTC homes).

                      —In summary, we have a condition that over 3 months caused the fatality of 0.006% of our population (over half of which are in LTC and already beyond the average local life expectancy), has a true mortality rate expected to be around 0.1 to 0.2% (heavily skewed towards patients with co-condition and immunocompromised), and that over 3 cold months (where respiratory are supposed to be at their peak), did not overrun most of our hospitals.

                      —And yet, our country is on its knees. Not just economically, but psychologically. People are absolutely petrified of this. Domestic violence and 911 police calls spiked all over the country. Kids, wives, and grandparents are terrified. Fathers are fearful of the future. Mental Health problems ballooning. Parks and social activities interrupted, judged and ticketed in far off rural areas.

                      https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...usinesses.html
                      The link above shows the direct cost to the government (i.e. to us)to stabilize the economy during this: in excess of 500 billion. That is a direct monetary cost that does not include indirect costs to society coming from shutting down schools, businesses etc.. That has been the cost for roughly 6 months (from January till June).

                      —Canada’s typical healthcare expenditure for a whole year is 264 Billion. In other words, that 264B (little over half of the 500B+) includes the cost to manage issues arising from all other heath problems in Canada combined, for a whole year.
                      I too have been questioning the over reaction of our leaders who have painted a doomsday scenario, and are creating an economic depression that will take a thousand years (oh, just using a JT Tactic)... er years to recover. The situation in LTC settings is sad, yet, should not be a surprise as we now hear our political leaders now claiming we must do better. I've had to visit our local hospital, where bed after bed was empty. They are shipping patients home prematurely. The health professionals and scientists were so off with their modelling predictions, it's hard to take them seriously. Then their is JT making daily announcements of new programs that are so full of qualification criteria that will take an army of bureaucrats to process. How are the 30,000 ventilators progressing? The only good thing our Federal Government has has going for it...mmm No Trump? Through the use of responsible public education and rationale measures that limited crowds that allowed business to operate could have achieved the same results or better if they addressed the LTC issue early on. There were no surprises, just lack of rationale leadership.

                      Comment


                      • If you have watched Cuomo in New York take live questions from the media and giving very candid unscripted replies, you'll understand how what JT is doing every day, canned responses full of dramatic nonsense, is severely .... lacking

                        Comment


                        • The British National Health Service warned over the weekend about a new syndrome that is causing symptoms similar to toxic shock and atypical Kawasaki disease in children, a serious condition that causes heart disease.

                          The British Paediatric Intensive Care Society shared the warning Sunday.

                          “Abdominal pain and gastrointestinal symptoms have been a common feature as has cardiac inflammation,” the notice from the National Health System said.

                          Children who have tested positive for the coronavirus and some who have tested negative are reportedly experiencing the symptoms.

                          “There is a growing concern that a SARS-CoV-2 related inflammatory syndrome emerging in children in the UK or that there may be another as yet unidentified infectious pathogen associated with these cases,” the notice says.
                          https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...242314111.html

                          Comment


                          • Interesting Interview with Christian Drosten regarding herd immunity in the Guardian. Christian Drosten, directs the Institute of Virology at the Charité Hospital in Berlin. As the head of the German public health institute’s reference lab on coronaviruses, he has become the government’s go-to expert on the related virus causing the current pandemic.

                            Q: How close we are to achieving herd immunity?
                            A:
                            To achieve herd immunity we need 60-70% of the population to carry antibodies to the virus. The results of antibody tests suggest that in Europe and the US, in general, we are in the low single digits, but the tests are not reliable – all of them have problems with false positives – and herd immunity is also not the whole story. It assumes complete mixing of the population, but there are reasons – in part to do with the social networks people form – why the whole population may not be available for infection at any given time. Networks shift, and new people are exposed to the virus. Such effects can drive waves of infection.
                            He's not confident in studies that claim the actual number of COVID-19 infected individuals is greater than what's being reported by the health agencies.

                            Comment


                            • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                              Interesting Interview with Christian Drosten regarding herd immunity in the Guardian. Christian Drosten, directs the Institute of Virology at the Charité Hospital in Berlin. As the head of the German public health institute’s reference lab on coronaviruses, he has become the government’s go-to expert on the related virus causing the current pandemic.



                              He's not confident in studies that claim the actual number of COVID-19 infected individuals is greater than what's being reported by the health agencies.
                              Corona is over reported, not under reported.

                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                If you have watched Cuomo in New York take live questions from the media and giving very candid unscripted replies, you'll understand how what JT is doing every day, canned responses full of dramatic nonsense, is severely .... lacking
                                They might be parts that are incredibly biased and have their own agendas but the American media still does its job. The Canadian media is quite literally paid by the government now and lots wouldn't exist without the government money. You get what you pay for....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X