Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quebec sending school back May 11-19.

    It's one question I've tried asking my MLA to no avail: how do you open up the economy if day cares and schools are closed until September? Not every fmaily gets two free nannies.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Corona is over reported, not under reported.

      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/
      I believe the German guy is referencing studies that show the number of people who have actually contracted the virus is 10x or 100x over what is being reported by gov't sources. These studies have used blood to look for anti-bodies.

      That said, your article suggests US for-profit hospitals have a financial incentive to inflate their Covid-19 patients on ICU/Ventilators. I can see your point.

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post
        Quebec sending school back May 11-19.

        It's one question I've tried asking my MLA to no avail: how do you open up the economy if day cares and schools are closed until September? Not every fmaily gets two free nannies.
        Well to be fair it's nearly summer...parents have always had to figure out what to so with their kids for those 10 weeks
        Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Apr 27th, 2020, 02:48 PM.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          Well to be fair it's nearly summer...parents have always had to figure out what to so with their kids for those 10 weeks
          Right but you have day cares for the little ones, camps and the like for the next phase, and then the kids are old enough to take care of themselves. Some people also take vacation to eat up a couple weeks and a lot of people have family and/or friends helping. Not sure many options are going to be available

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post

            Right but you have day cares for the little ones, camps and the like for the next phase, and then the kids are old enough to take care of themselves. Some people also take vacation to eat up a couple weeks and a lot of people have family and/or friends helping. Not sure many options are going to be available
            I think/hope daycares will open up around the time people start going back to work (different parts of may for different parts of the country seems to be the consensus to begin)...it seems elementary aged children are going back well before university and high school in almost every region that has announced plans to reopen
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              They might be parts that are incredibly biased and have their own agendas but the American media still does its job. The Canadian media is quite literally paid by the government now and lots wouldn't exist without the government money. You get what you pay for....
              Ontario mainstream media is so pro-Liberal that it's complete rubbish as a source at best, and downright evil as a platform to ram home their agenda to the masses.

              Comment


              • Zak24gege wrote: View Post

                I believe the German guy is referencing studies that show the number of people who have actually contracted the virus is 10x or 100x over what is being reported by gov't sources. These studies have used blood to look for anti-bodies.

                That said, your article suggests US for-profit hospitals have a financial incentive to inflate their Covid-19 patients on ICU/Ventilators. I can see your point.
                I think what's often happening is under-detection of cases (antibodies showing ~50x more have contracted than what was detected & announced). However, there's also been some over-reporting of deaths/hospitalizations, meaning in some cases they're attributing a hospitalization/fatality to covid, when it reality it was due to a co-condition.

                The true hospital/mortality ratio is: true number of hospitalization/fatalities (numerator) over true number of cases (denominator). What we're often seeing is that the actual "numerator" is lower than what's reported, and the actual denominator is higher (by a lot) than what's reported. Both of which make the overall ratio lower than the reported one.
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • A rate that's going up a lot though is gender-based/domestic violence, and mental health issues. I read today that it certain parts of Canada it's up by 20 to 30% of actual incidents, with calls in certain areas up roughly 400%.

                  A survey says ~50% of Canadians say their mental well-being worsened, but some people are actually grateful/enjoying it. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...rvey-1.5545594

                  That survey is not a true mental health measure though (even though they use that term) , it's more of a poll about people's mood during this. Mental heath issues are more pervasive and won't necessarily manifest themselves on online surveys like this, but the results are pretty revealing nonetheless.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    A rate that's going up a lot though is gender-based/domestic violence, and mental health issues. I read today that it certain parts of Canada it's up by 20 to 30% of actual incidents, with calls in certain areas up roughly 400%.

                    A survey says ~50% of Canadians say their mental well-being worsened, but some people are actually grateful/enjoying it. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...rvey-1.5545594

                    That survey is not a true mental health mea ure though (even though they use that term) , it's more of a poll about people's mood during this. Mental heath issues are more pervasive and won't necessarily manifest themselves on online surveys like this, but the results are pretty revealing nonetheless.
                    And we get a framework today from Mr. Ford rather than the promised plan. It's a 3-phase framework that can be summarized as 1. some, 2. some more 3. all. Pure bureaucratic fluff.

                    Comment


                    • Zak24gege wrote: View Post

                      And we get a framework today from Mr. Ford rather than the promised plan. It's a 3-phase framework that can be summarized as 1. some, 2. some more 3. all. Pure bureaucratic fluff.
                      This is a case where it’s hard to blame politicians entirely because the smartest doctors and scientists in the world have been exposed as either incompetent or corrupted. And that’s who everybody is taking their cues from.

                      Comment


                      • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        ...That survey is not a true mental health measure though (even though they use that term) , it's more of a poll about people's mood during this.
                        Media love this kind of garbage because it generates great headlines. 'That finding really jumps out': Half of Canadians say mental health has worsened during COVID-19 pandemic

                        It's not a "finding." And trusting the general population to make an intelligent assessment of their mental health is ludicrous. Every poll ever done on intelligence shows that 65 - 67 percent of people think they are smarter than average.

                        I'm not diminishing the real impact the self-isolation has had on people, but I am pointing out how anxious the media are to make everything look worse than it actually is.

                        Comment


                        • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          A rate that's going up a lot though is gender-based/domestic violence, and mental health issues. I read today that it certain parts of Canada it's up by 20 to 30% of actual incidents, with calls in certain areas up roughly 400%.

                          A survey says ~50% of Canadians say their mental well-being worsened, but some people are actually grateful/enjoying it. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...rvey-1.5545594

                          That survey is not a true mental health measure though (even though they use that term) , it's more of a poll about people's mood during this. Mental heath issues are more pervasive and won't necessarily manifest themselves on online surveys like this, but the results are pretty revealing nonetheless.

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            This is a case where it’s hard to blame politicians entirely because the smartest doctors and scientists in the world have been exposed as either incompetent or corrupted. And that’s who everybody is taking their cues from.
                            Yet something like 70% of Canadians think these people are doing a great job. And that's why nothing ever changes. As soon as this is over, our public health experts will be back to spending 100% of their time on whatever their trendy new progressive-academic induced panic is and planning for the next pandemic and other actual emergencies will fall to the wayside cause that stuff is really hard, actually takes work, and there are no fancy international conferences to travel to every month.

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post





                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                              Comment


                              • Looking at the US COVID-19 numbers in todays G&M and with roughly 4.3% of the worlds population, it has approx. 1/3rd of the reported cases and over 1/4 the number of deaths. This is also the country that spends the most per capita on healthcare. Something to be proud of!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X