• Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

And the Trudeau ban?

Anyway, I give up. Have at 'er boys.

Joey be like:

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
      The FDA has approved remdesivir for emergency use on hospitalized coronavirus patients. A drug trial of remdesivir showed a positive effect on coronavirus patients’ recovery time and survival rate. Dr Anthony Fauci said earlier this week, “The data shows that remdesivir has a clear-cut, significant, positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery. ... What it has proven is that a drug can block this virus.”

some of you might remember remdesiver as one of the drugs donald trump has been talking about for more than a month. be nice if the "want people to die for not doing what we say" people would give him his due credit?

i won't hold my breath while some of you guys find an obstacle course that allows him to be wrong, and evil, while everything you say is still right.
      Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat May 2, 2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
        The FDA has approved remdesivir for emergency use on hospitalized coronavirus patients. A drug trial of remdesivir showed a positive effect on coronavirus patients’ recovery time and survival rate. Dr Anthony Fauci said earlier this week, “The data shows that remdesivir has a clear-cut, significant, positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery. ... What it has proven is that a drug can block this virus.”

some of you might remember remdesiver as one of the drugs donald trump has been talking about for more than a month. be nice if the "want people to die for not doing what we say" people would give him his due credit?

i won't hold my breath while some of you guys find an obstacle course that allows him to be wrong, and evil, while everything you say is still right.
        I wish we had Trump instead of Trudeau..

Comment

• Playing some golf today. I hate golf but pretty excited to get out of the neighbourhood.

Comment

• Another interesting case is Belarus. Their leader or dictator whichever you prefer totally denied existence of pandemic. Everything is open and sports events still happen
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Another interesting case is Belarus. Their leader or dictator whichever you prefer totally denied existence of pandemic. Everything is open and sports events still happen
              Belarus: 15,000 cases 97 deaths. Population 9.5M
              https://www.worldometers.info/corona...untry/belarus/

Canada: 56,000 cases, 3500 deaths. Population 37M

So Canada has 4X the population, almost 4X the cases but 35X the deaths. Belarus doing better than we are without any of the restrictions?.... shoulda done what they did? Isolate the elderly and keep on keepin' on

Comment

• concerning the commie snitches ratting anonymously against their neighbours, some places have public records where the accused can see who is ratting. the rats don't think people should know who they are. so brave, so brave

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So Canada has 4X the population, almost 4X the cases but 35X the deaths. Belarus doing better than we are without any of the restrictions?.... shoulda done what they did? Isolate the elderly and keep on keepin' on
                  Some countries are reporting Corona deaths as pneumonia or some other cause. Can’t trust any country’s data.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Some countries are reporting Corona deaths as pneumonia or some other cause. Can’t trust any country’s data.
                    If Canada is, that's even worse then. I did see a story where hospitals got paid more for deaths via COVID than regular flu for instance and the hospital administrators were pressuring the docs to name COVID or COVID related as the cause of death with heart attacks etc. This was in Canada.

Comment

If Canada is, that's even worse then. I did see a story where hospitals got paid more for deaths via COVID than regular flu for instance and the hospital administrators were pressuring the docs to name COVID or COVID related as the cause of death with heart attacks etc. This was in Canada.
                      I'd be curious to see this story ... got a link?

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

I wish we had Trump instead of Trudeau..

You'd rather have the guy that suggested injecting people with Lysol? Or blasting their insides with UV Light? Really?

Comment

Could be many reasons. Maybe health of average Belarus citizen is better than Canadians? Maybe they don't have a huge elderly population? Maybe kids don't put their parents in retirement homes where pandemic is especially dangerous.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

You'd rather have the guy that suggested injecting people with Lysol? Or blasting their insides with UV Light? Really?
                            Yes, even though your Justin Trudeau gif is great. Trump is a much more competent person.

Comment

• 79% of the covid fatalities in Canada were in nursing homes, with the other 21% likely heavily skewed towards the elderly not yet in nursing homes. In other words, it killed about ~0.008% of Canada's population, with ~80% of that 0.008% being individuals with very frail immune systems already very near or over Canada's life expectancy.

In Alberta, the occupancy of hospital beds previously forecast to be used by covid cases sits at 5%. The rest of the country likely sits at similar rates. That's the kind of "over-running of hospitals" we've seen in over 3 full months since the first detected case in Canada.

If we count under-the-radar and complicated government expenditures like credit/liquidity support through financial crown corporations, Insured Mortgage Purchase Program etc.. , the cost to stabilize the economy from March to June (4 months) will be ~530 Billion.

That is roughly the same as the total Canadian health expenditure for two full years (that is, the cost to manage all other health problems combined, for all Canadians, for two years)

Enough with the public and media sensationalism and hysteria. Maintain strict measures on nursing homes, allow folks with elderly parents at home to stay in and collect the CERB if they so choose, but the rest of us, let's get back to work already.

Comment

• https://ca.yahoo.com/news/report-say...023352616.html

A new report says the Chinese government used Chinese citizens in Canada to send personal protection equipment to China, before the scale of the COVID-19 outbreak was widely known. Sam Cooper reports.

Completely safe. Don't be racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X