Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'd be curious to see this story ... got a link?
    This was a US story?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Reports were coming out in February that situation was not under control in Wuhan. Citizens of Wuhan were making videos on youtube explaining what a catastrophe this was. Contries like South Korea were wise and prepared anyway. Why South Korea was ready but Canada wasn't? There's no "China didn't warn us" excuse here.
      Because the Koreans have been dealing with the Chinese for mellenia.

It's really easy stuff here. Look at china's neighnlbours, and their land disputes. The wars they have fought.

There isn't one Asian race that likes or trusts another Asian race. They all know each other.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Because the Koreans have been dealing with the Chinese for mellenia.

It's really easy stuff here. Look at china's neighnlbours, and their land disputes. The wars they have fought.

There isn't one Asian race that likes or trusts another Asian race. They all know each other.

That somehow excuses Canada? They don't know China? Global superpower?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Was out today running some errands. People have spoken. Calgary lockdown is over. Kenney senses it and is why he is moving. People are done. Nenshi’s hubris is overriding his political instincts which used to be good. Calgary is going to be open (whatever is left of it) next week.

Comment

That somehow excuses Canada? They don't know China? Global superpower?
            no, no, no. i believe i might be the most firm firm "this i 100% the fault of china". that is the reason why the asian countries weren't hit as hard. they understood the people they were dealing with.

edit add:
            there are 3 types of tv drama shows in china.

the guizi are our enemies
            old china was a beautiful place that loved social order
            we are poor now we will lie and lie and lie until we have power and then punish anyone who we thought was against us

then a bunch of comedy duos, and heavy laugh track talk shows

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Was out today running some errands. People have spoken. Calgary lockdown is over. Kenney senses it and is why he is moving. People are done. Nenshi’s hubris is overriding his political instincts which used to be good. Calgary is going to be open (whatever is left of it) next week.
              Like I said they can't fine everybody

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Was out today running some errands. People have spoken. Calgary lockdown is over. Kenney senses it and is why he is moving. People are done. Nenshi’s hubris is overriding his political instincts which used to be good. Calgary is going to be open (whatever is left of it) next week.
                Walking around North York and kids are on playgrounds. I ain't no snitch though

Comment

Let's be real even NBA went to lockdown earlier than Canadian government.
                  Mic drop

Comment

• People are getting a lot bolder, starting to go out a lot more. The roads here in Vancouver are, although not back to pre-Covid congested, are almost back to being as busy as they were before. Hopefully this curve flattening has taken place and our system can take a bit of a hit.

I had to take a trip to a hospital, and I was quite literally the only person not on staff in the building, or at least on the floor I was on. Nurses and secretaries freaking out at me if I stepped an inch too far in any direction. Just 10 weeks ago that same hospital was bustling with people. At what point do we realize that some of our measures are doing a lot more harm than good?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      People are getting a lot bolder, starting to go out a lot more. The roads here in Vancouver are, although not back to pre-Covid congested, are almost back to being as busy as they were before. Hopefully this curve flattening has taken place and our system can take a bit of a hit.

I had to take a trip to a hospital, and I was quite literally the only person not on staff in the building, or at least on the floor I was on. Nurses and secretaries freaking out at me if I stepped an inch too far in any direction. Just 10 weeks ago that same hospital was bustling with people. At what point do we realize that some of our measures are doing a lot more harm than good?
                      With regards to your second paragraph there.. My mother in law had an accident last week and had to go to the hospital (in Ontario, not the GTA). She said she was in and out in 5 minutes. It was dead. I think this is an issue all over the country not just out West.

But in a way it's good for people not to abuse the system. I remember waiting in an ER once (several years back) and it was crazy nuts. And people were coming in for such minor things like cuts they could just wash out and put a bandage on. I think the fear of god can both be good and bad. If people are dying at home because they are afraid to go into the hospital that's bad. If people are staying home and dealing with their minor injuries on their own, then that's good.

I had a virtual appointment with my doctor a couple of weeks back. It was awesome. Didn't have to pay for parking. Didn't have to wait in a waiting room. Didn't have to take time off from work. Got my appointment done in 15-20 minutes. Some of the facts like blood pressure, weight, etc I could do at home. Can't do that for every appointment (like a physical) but for most of my appointments hopefully this is the way they do it going forward.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        People are getting a lot bolder, starting to go out a lot more. The roads here in Vancouver are, although not back to pre-Covid congested, are almost back to being as busy as they were before. Hopefully this curve flattening has taken place and our system can take a bit of a hit.

I said a few days ago, that's what I'm seeing here. The highway in the morning is moving well (usually gridlock from 7-9am) but busy whereas 2 weeks ago you could only see three cars as far as the eye could see. I know quite a few people who are heading back to the office now to work alone or in fairly empty offices. People aren't going to stay home through May unless the gov't handout pay is more than they're used to making.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Yes, even though your Justin Trudeau gif is great. Trump is a much more competent person.
                          Good lord, I don't know about that anymore. Trump seems to be losing it.

Comment

• Former President George W. Bush called on Americans to abandon partisan divides in the face of the "shared threat" of the coronavirus pandemic in a video released on Saturday.
                            "Let us remember how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat," Bush said. "In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants. We are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of God. We rise or fall together."
                            "Let's remember that the suffering we experience as a nation does not fall evenly. In the days to come, it will be especially important to care in practical ways for the elderly, the ill and the unemployed," Bush said. More than 30 million people have filed for unemployment in the last six weeks, as the economy has largely shut down to combat the pandemic.
                            https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-video-229991

To condense that down he said they all have a common enemy against Coronavirus and they all need to come together to face it but to remember those impacted the worst.

Trump responds to this by saying he's part of the everyone but Bush never came to his aid when he was being investigated for something that has absolutely nothing to do with Coronavirus. His voice is incompatible with the current times.

In a Twitter message, Mr. Trump paraphrased a Fox News personality saying, “Oh bye the way, I appreciate the message from former President Bush, but where was he during Impeachment calling for putting partisanship aside.”

Mr. Trump then added in his own voice: “He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest Hoax in American history!”

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-video-229991

To condense that down he said they all have a common enemy against Coronavirus and they all need to come together to face it but to remember those impacted the worst.

Trump responds to this by saying he's part of the everyone but Bush never came to his aid when he was being investigated for something that has absolutely nothing to do with Coronavirus. His voice is incompatible with the current times.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Good lord, I don't know about that anymore. Trump seems to be losing it.
                                Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X