Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-video-229991

    To condense that down he said they all have a common enemy against Coronavirus and they all need to come together to face it but to remember those impacted the worst.

    Trump responds to this by saying he's part of the everyone but Bush never came to his aid when he was being investigated for something that has absolutely nothing to do with Coronavirus. His voice is incompatible with the current times.
    par the parcel. what has he ever let slide?

    when bush jr was president they all knew he was the worst hitler ever and missed his dad. when milk toast mitt romney ran the tolerant people attacked his crazy religion and called him a slaver. character attacks on republicans as the new worst person in history are the consequences of not being on the self described nazi fighters team.

    george w will never side with trump because of what trump did to his brother. never trumpers get it. nothing unhinged about trump here, it is the person he is. there will be somebody that slighted him decades ago he would react the same way too.

    edit add: we are talking about a person who said john mccain getting tortured in prison camps for years wasn't a hero. guy is petty.



    Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon May 4th, 2020, 09:19 AM.

    Comment


    • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

      par the parcel. what has he ever let slide?

      when bush jr was president they all knew he was the worst hitler ever and missed his dad. when milk toast mitt romney ran the tolerant people attacked his crazy religion and called him a slaver. character attacks on republicans as the new worst person in history are the consequences of not being on the self described nazi fighters team.

      george w will never side with trump because of what trump did to his brother. never trumpers get it. nothing unhinged about trump here, it is the person he is. there will be somebody that slighted him decades ago he would react the same way too.

      edit add: we are talking about a person who said john mccain getting tortured in prison camps for years wasn't a hero. guy is petty.
      Miek,
      Bush said let's come together because this is bigger than imaginary lines.
      Trump said go fuck yourself, there are imaginary lines and you're on the wrong side of the line.
      You say Bush will never side with Trump.

      Why does Bush have to side with "anyone"? He just said put that bullshit on hold for right now.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        Miek,
        Bush said let's come together because this is bigger than imaginary lines.
        Trump said go fuck yourself, there are imaginary lines and you're on the wrong side of the line.
        You say Bush will never side with Trump.

        Why does Bush have to side with "anyone"? He just said put that bullshit on hold for right now.
        yes. go watch what trump did to jeb. there is nothing complimentary that george w can say, that trump wouldn't take as an insult. if obama came out and said we are all in this together, trump would say go fuck yourself. to trump obama, and george w are the same.

        hate him all you want, not accusing you personally. but to say he is losing it for staying within his decades long and documented assholeishness, and pettiness is a stretch.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post

          Damn.

          Well he's not a journalist. He's no different than Shannon and Flip, only he's talking politics. Except Shannon and FLip don't take it personal like this. He's gone really personal now and how he's going about things is divisive. He can't stand there with credibility and call Trump divisive if he's going to carry himself that way, if he's going to roll around in the filth with Trump. Trump wants everyone who doesn't agree with him to roll around in the filth with him because he can't win on the high road.

          Comment


          • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

            yes. go watch what trump did to jeb. there is nothing complimentary that george w can say, that trump wouldn't take as an insult. if obama came out and said we are all in this together, trump would say go fuck yourself. to trump obama, and george w are the same.

            hate him all you want, not accusing you personally. but to say he is losing it for staying within his decades long and documented assholeishness, and pettiness is a stretch.
            I know what he did to Jeb. Still, Bush was President and his opinion carries weight. He didn't call Trump out. Trump may feel called out but that's because Trump himself knows the games he is playing at a time of extreme hardship and crisis. It doesn't matter what is behind what Bush is saying IF it is truthful and makes sense. Bush said more that makes sense in a matter of five lines than Trump has in five months... And this is BUSH we're talking about. Come on man, fuck sakes. lol

            Comment


            • Quebec now accounts for half of Canadian Covid cases. It accounted for about 23% of the population in 2016 and presumably less now.

              The sheer incompetence and ignorance of a handful of politicians in the US and Canada (De Blasio, Cuomo, Cantrell, Whitmer in the US and Legault and Ford in Canada) has caused massive damage to their entire countries.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                Quebec now accounts for half of Canadian Covid cases. It accounted for about 23% of the population in 2016 and presumably less now.

                The sheer incompetence and ignorance of a handful of politicians in the US and Canada (De Blasio, Cuomo, Cantrell, Whitmer in the US and Legault and Ford in Canada) has caused massive damage to their entire countries.
                I've been wondering what differentiates QB from provinces like NB & NL who have saw pretty good results from social distancing.

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Quebec now accounts for half of Canadian Covid cases. It accounted for about 23% of the population in 2016 and presumably less now.

                  The sheer incompetence and ignorance of a handful of politicians in the US and Canada (De Blasio, Cuomo, Cantrell, Whitmer in the US and Legault and Ford in Canada) has caused massive damage to their entire countries.
                  and pelosi

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post

                    I've been wondering what differentiates QB from provinces like NB & NL who have saw pretty good results from social distancing.
                    It would be helpful to have some group of people who gathered daily during crises and discussed these things in public on behalf of all of us. We could call them "legislatures" or "parliaments". Perhaps some members of these strange meetings could ask questions of the governments in power. It could be called "question period". Then, we could have a separate group of people who recorded the results of the meetings and communicated them in a factual way to the public. It's too bad we haven't invented any of that stuff yet.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post

                      With regards to your second paragraph there.. My mother in law had an accident last week and had to go to the hospital (in Ontario, not the GTA). She said she was in and out in 5 minutes. It was dead. I think this is an issue all over the country not just out West.

                      But in a way it's good for people not to abuse the system. I remember waiting in an ER once (several years back) and it was crazy nuts. And people were coming in for such minor things like cuts they could just wash out and put a bandage on. I think the fear of god can both be good and bad. If people are dying at home because they are afraid to go into the hospital that's bad. If people are staying home and dealing with their minor injuries on their own, then that's good.

                      I had a virtual appointment with my doctor a couple of weeks back. It was awesome. Didn't have to pay for parking. Didn't have to wait in a waiting room. Didn't have to take time off from work. Got my appointment done in 15-20 minutes. Some of the facts like blood pressure, weight, etc I could do at home. Can't do that for every appointment (like a physical) but for most of my appointments hopefully this is the way they do it going forward.
                      Oh, absolutely there's a lot of bloat in terms of ER usage. When I went to the ER for the same thing I had a checkup about this week, there were far too many people with such minor injuries that I honestly couldn't believe they would go through the hassle of getting to the ER at 1 in the morning. These people waste everyone's time. One girl had a pin stuck in her finger and she wouldn't let her mom pull it out. I'm sitting across from her with a shattered ankle and they call her name and she goes in before me. There's probably something wrong there. It was nice to have my checkup last 15 minutes rather than 3 hours but I know of people who had their elective surgeries canceled. One guy I know, an older guy around 75 or 80, had a knee surgery scheduled for the end of April. It got canceled. He's probably going to live with his problem until he dies because it was already getting late for him.

                      Hopefully, this whole thing teaches people not to go to the hospital if they don't need to. But at the same time, people shouldn't be scared to go to the hospital, and right now they are.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        Damn.

                        Unhinged Don Lemon coming on to bridge the gap between his show and Cuomo's is quite possibly the best thing on television now, probably even the best on TV before Covid as well. The guy literally gets an hour a night to talk to America about what he thinks about politics. He seems drunk half the time he's on air. I love it.

                        Comment


                        • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

                          and pelosi
                          lol. Politicians all talking about staying safe, while attracting big crowds, talking at close quarters and nobody wearing masks. Americans aren't scared in the least.

                          Pelosi is no different from this kid:

                          Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post

                            Oh, absolutely there's a lot of bloat in terms of ER usage. When I went to the ER for the same thing I had a checkup about this week, there were far too many people with such minor injuries that I honestly couldn't believe they would go through the hassle of getting to the ER at 1 in the morning. These people waste everyone's time. One girl had a pin stuck in her finger and she wouldn't let her mom pull it out. I'm sitting across from her with a shattered ankle and they call her name and she goes in before me. There's probably something wrong there. It was nice to have my checkup last 15 minutes rather than 3 hours but I know of people who had their elective surgeries canceled. One guy I know, an older guy around 75 or 80, had a knee surgery scheduled for the end of April. It got canceled. He's probably going to live with his problem until he dies because it was already getting late for him.

                            Hopefully, this whole thing teaches people not to go to the hospital if they don't need to. But at the same time, people shouldn't be scared to go to the hospital, and right now they are.
                            I would never go to the hospital unless I had a broken bone or similar. I went a year ago with massive stomach pains and they still had me wait 4-5 hours to confirm my appendix was about to burst.....and I'd been there a week earlier with similar but lesser pain and was told to go home, nothing to see here.

                            I have several spots that required stitches over the years that I never got because I'd sooner have the scar than brave the dangers and bullchit of the ER.

                            The Emergency area of the hospital is for serious pain and/or life in danger ailments imo...not a pin in your finger or a bad cold which clogs up emerg every Winter.

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post

                              lol. Politicians all talking about staying safe, while attracting big crowds, talking at close quarters and nobody wearing masks. Americans aren't scared in the least.

                              Pelosi is no different from this kid:

                              Their parents must be so proud

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X