Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    We need to start an everything what-are-you-going-to-do-with-your-life-without-sports thread
    I’m about to watch a terrible show on Netflix with my wife. This will be my future.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I’m about to watch a terrible show on Netflix with my wife. This will be my future.
      There will either be a large spike in the number of divorces in the next four months, or a large increase in the number of babies being born in December/January.

Perhaps both

Comment

Godspeed my friend. We're all In this together.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I just watched movie called Killer Elite with mine, I will not totally give in this early

Comment

Just watched Game 6 against the Bucks. Now watching replay of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sophie has it. No way Justin doesn't if its as contagious as we think right?
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Sophie has it. No way Justin doesn't if its as contagious as we think right?
                Definitely solid odds that he has it. They're both obviously going to self-quarantine for the next couple weeks. It will be interesting to see how Trudeau handles/uses this PR wise.

In some better news:

Research team has isolated the COVID-19 virus

A team of researchers from Sunnybrook, McMaster University and the University of Toronto has isolated severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the agent responsible for the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19.

Thanks to nimble collaboration, the team was able to culture the virus from two clinical specimens in a Level 3 containment facility.

“We need key tools to develop solutions to this pandemic. While the immediate response is crucial, longer-term solutions come from essential research into this novel virus,” said Dr. Samira Mubareka, microbiologist and infectious diseases physician at Sunnybrook.

The isolated virus will help researchers in Canada and across the world develop better diagnostic testing, treatments and vaccines, and gain a better understanding of SARS-CoV-2 biology, evolution and clinical shedding.
                https://sunnybrook.ca/research/media...-isolated-2020
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm getting low on TP

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                    I'm getting low on TP
                    Maury wrote: View Post
                    Loaded up on TP
                    A minute apart, in two different threads, hahaha
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

A minute apart, in two different threads, hahaha
                      What did he eat for supper
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Alberta just banned public gatherings of over 250 people. All provinces should be doing this today. Talked to my doc today and he was saying all the cases to date here are travel related. Something to think about as spring break approaches.
                        British Columbia as well

Comment

• Kevin Love is a really good dude, verified:
                          With the NBA suspending its season indefinitely and closing the doors on its 29 arenas around the country for the foreseeable future with no games to be played, Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love pledged $100,000 Thursday to aid arena workers displaced by the league's response to the coronavirus.

"My hope is that others will step up!!" Love told ESPN via text message.
                          https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rs-100k-pledge

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Kevin Love is a really good dude, verified:
                            https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rs-100k-pledge
                            here here. i just saw this and was going to post it. a quick holiday for the 100 millionaires isn't so bad, but the 20 bucks an hour serving girl is going to get hurt. good on kevin love, and i hope others follow. not players like malcolm miller, but kyle, serge, and their ilk.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

here here. i just saw this and was going to post it. a quick holiday for the 100 millionaires isn't so bad, but the 20 bucks an hour serving girl is going to get hurt. good on kevin love, and i hope others follow. not players like malcolm miller, but kyle, serge, and their ilk.
                              Mostly it's going to come down to the owners doing the right thing by their employees, which it sounds like a lot of them are already stepping up to the plate.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                I'm getting low on TP
                                I bought 96 rolls the other day. Figure I can make a killing re-selling them to unfortunates like you in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X