Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

My boss still thinks it doesn't apply to us

Well, does it? I only ask because I don't know the type of work/industry you're on. It may change soon but as far as I know, the government & health authorities haven't determined everyone should self-isolate as of now regardless of travel/symptoms. It appears the vast majority of people are now personally deciding to limit exposure, which is the prudent thing to do.

The flip side of the coin though, is if people could find a way to stay home for 18months until a vaccine comes while also requiring readily available heath care, a steady/stable supply of inspected food, clean water, electricity, regular updates on the virus, vaccine research, their garbage picked up and processed out of their sight, safe streets, home heating, working toiliets, internet etc..while also getting EI money, they would. The thing is, those very things depend on the ability of people to work. It would be nice, but not every job can be done from home just yet.

The government/health authorities/pandemic research need to balance the need to control the pandemic (which is dangerous and very real) with the ability to keep society going by having people continue to provide the services they themselves have come to expect (and unfortunately often take it for granted). It's not easy to do, but hopefully people and governments will manage to ride this as best possible until it hopefully becomes more manageable and the spread is contained
    Last edited by inthepaint; Tue Mar 17, 2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• A startling new report from Imperial College London warns that 2.2 million Americans and 510,000 Britons could die from coronavirus if extreme action isn't taken to change the course of the outbreak.

Why it matters: The report's dire warnings prompted a quick course correction from both the American and British governments on their strategies, but its strict recommendations and long timeline — 18 months — to stem the tide could have far-reaching implications for both populations and economies.

What they found: The report states the effectiveness of "mitigation," which includes isolating only the sick and those linked to them while advocating social distancing for at-risk groups, is limited. It instead recommends "suppression," a much more wide-ranging tactic to curb coronavirus' spread.
      • The researchers say that suppression "will minimally require a combination of social distancing of the entire population, home isolation of cases and household quarantine of their family members." It also recommends school closures.
      • The report notes that this strategy could have to be in place until a vaccine is developed, which could take 18 months — saying it is "the only viable strategy at the current time."
      https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-re...b2b7c1b50.html

Well guys that's it for the NBA season. I am not confident that it will be able to go ahead given this. We're seeing more and more severe barriers going up in Canada but the US is going into overdrive. Also from the article:
      While China and South Korea have managed to suppress the outbreak using similarly draconian strategies, the report admits that it's not yet clear if suppression's successes can last in the long-term.

Comment

• Comment

• 4 out of 6 NBA players tested positive for Corona are asymptomatic. Idris Elba has tested positive for Corona, also asymptomatic. There's no way we can slow down this virus if young people can't fucking stay at home

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            4 out of 6 NBA players tested positive for Corona are asymptomatic. Idris Elba has tested positive for Corona, also asymptomatic. There's no way we can slow down this virus if young people can't fucking stay at home
            Which ones are "symptomatic" ...I still have yet to see a celebrity who actually felt bad
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Which ones are "symptomatic" ...I still have yet to see a celebrity who actually felt bad
              You don't have to feel bad to be considered "symptomatic". Rudy clearly has symptoms.(judging from that video message) Mild.

Comment

You don't have to feel bad to be considered "symptomatic". Rudy clearly has symptoms.(judging from that video message) Mild.
                Ok, so none of felt too bad. Just checking
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Anyone can tell me how to post a youtube video on here?

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                    Anyone can tell me how to post a youtube video on here?
                    [video] [ /video]
                    Insert link between and take out space before the /
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• You can also use the "Insert video" icon in the tool bar (if not using mobile). And then drop the youtube link in there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        You can also use the "Insert video" icon in the tool bar (if not using mobile). And then drop the youtube link in there.
                        Eek. Only have my mobile. Rats.
                        Thx anyways.

Comment

• Kevin Durant has corona
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Kevin Durant has corona
                            Waited till it was a dominant virus to get it
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Figured it would be Kyrie “there’s no such thing as a virus” Irving. Still might have been.

Comment

4 out of 6 NBA players tested positive for Corona are asymptomatic. Idris Elba has tested positive for Corona, also asymptomatic. There's no way we can slow down this virus if young people can't fucking stay at home
                                They could have come in contact with it pre nba lockdown
                                Last edited by Tmac2darak; Tue Mar 17, 2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X