No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable someone from out of country just walks into my sis in laws bank to exchange all her US money, says shes self quarantining. Manager says what are you doing here then??? Iyiyiyi
    These people need to be fined. I believe that's what they are doing in Amsterdam.

Comment

• Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
        Unbelievable someone from out of country just walks into my sis in laws bank to exchange all her US money, says shes self quarantining. Manager says what are you doing here then??? Iyiyiyi
        These people need to be fined. I believe that's what they are doing in Amsterdam.
        I got an even crazy one. GFs parents just came back from a cruise. Everyone was coughing on the ship (said you could hear it through the wall in the cabin, ppl coughing during full concerts etc.)
        When they return officials asked if they had been to Italy, China or Iran. Said no that it, they come home go into their own self quarantine. Told them they should report it but they say ppl who have it will get tested. But 100's of ppl are just walking around now after being confined on a ship with ppl who most likely had it. And as far as i know no one knows about it
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I got an even crazy one. GFs parents just came back from a cruise. Everyone was coughing on the ship (said you could hear it through the wall in the cabin, ppl coughing during full concerts etc.)
          When they return officials asked if they had been to Italy, China or Iran. Said no that it, they come home go into their own self quarantine. Told them they should report it but they say ppl who have it will get tested. But 100's of ppl are just walking around now after being confined on a ship with ppl who most likely had it. And as far as i know no one knows about it
          That's crazy.
          I'm leaving guyana tomorrow for Toronto. We went before the craziness. I know we have to take a 14 day quarantine. I had left our vehicle with my nephew to pick us up at airport. But now I'm telling him to bring another driver/vehicle too. As soon as he sees us get out and go in other vehicle. I'll take it from there.

Proper way to do it.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Eek. Only have my mobile. Rats.
            Thx anyways.
            Just switch your browser to request desktop mode to post the video, then switch back to mobile view.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 1st day at the office in the last week and looks like also the last day at the office for the next few weeks. Pharmacy community, grocery community, legal community, medical community, stock markets all in turmoil. Big grocery shop probably tomorrow and mostly stay home for the foreseeable future.

Crazy.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  But so could have we. Seems like everyone could have acted 3 weeks early. But the worrying part is no one else has the wide sweeping government authority that china does. When they did act it was something out of 1984 or Brave new world. No one in the west is going to be able to replicate their response. I.E look at all the dumbasses out at bars this weekend

Comment

• Is anybody else questioning this at all? Like it doesn't add up? Like this is overkill, fear mongering? Shutting down our entire economy, hell, our entire planet, and taking away all our rights and freedoms? For a death rate literally minuscule?

Anyone??
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Is anybody else questioning this at all? Like it doesn't add up? Like this is overkill, fear mongering? Shutting down our entire economy, hell, our entire planet, and taking away all our rights and freedoms? For a death rate literally minuscule?

Anyone??
                      Worldwide C19 is less than 2% of the population of Canada alone. If it were all in Canada.
                      Death rates of that 2% all in Canada might be 2%
                      2% of 2% is a low number.....but we can't go to work and must horde toiler paper and bottled water ....

I'm glad that we're taking precautions but we're treating this as if half of the population will catch it and 80% of those will die from it.

Comment

Is anybody else questioning this at all? Like it doesn't add up? Like this is overkill, fear mongering? Shutting down our entire economy, hell, our entire planet, and taking away all our rights and freedoms? For a death rate literally minuscule?

Anyone??
                        At the moment it is just the unknown. Seems to be the most dangerous virus we have encountered for a long time. With time we will be able to tell if we overreacted. We should be able to get a better idea of what were dealing with in 2 weeks.
                        Come the end of April if things are still so strict and numbers decline i think many will start to share your sentiment. Over reacting right now isn't a problem so we can make sure we arn't dealing with a spanish flu. But if it turn out to be more H1N1 people will start to calm down.
                        It going to be very hard for people to keep the same type of isolating once weather warms up and summer rolls around.
                        Luckily most of the things i like to do, Hiking, Fishing, Swimming are mostly isolated activity's so i will be able to have a pretty normal summer regardless of how things turn out.
                        I'm also not fully convinced i haven't already got this. In early Feb and was in airports traveling and i got a nasty cold and looking at all the symptoms it seems very similar to what i had.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

At the moment it is just the unknown. Seems to be the most dangerous virus we have encountered for a long time. With time we will be able to tell if we overreacted. We should be able to get a better idea of what were dealing with in 2 weeks.
                          Come the end of April if things are still so strict and numbers decline i think many will start to share your sentiment. Over reacting right now isn't a problem so we can make sure we arn't dealing with a spanish flu. But if it turn out to be more H1N1 people will start to calm down.
                          It going to be very hard for people to keep the same type of isolating once weather warms up and summer rolls around.
                          Luckily most of the things i like to do, Hiking, Fishing, Swimming are mostly isolated activity's so i will be able to have a pretty normal summer regardless of how things turn out.
                          I'm also not fully convinced i haven't already got this. In early Feb and was in airports traveling and i got a nasty cold and looking at all the symptoms it seems very similar to what i had.
                          We've found Canada's patient zero ....

Comment

Anyone??
                            I think we should be prudent and a lot of these measures are reasonable, but I hear you. The part that doesn't quite add up to me (at least so far) is the constant "we're only seeing the beginning of it, what if gets worse". It may be relatively new here, but this has been around since mid-December (possibly earlier, that's when it was first detected). For the 2 first months, it had the "surprise element" and started in a country with over 1.4 Billion people, culturally living very close together. It's been there for 4 full months now, and the death toll is still below 3,300. So to say it's gonna kill 2.2 million people in the states alone, as the weather warms up no less, seems incongruent, inconsistent with what's happened so far.

We have 37.6 million in this country and it killed 9 people so far. First case in Canada was January 25, so it's gonna be 2 full months next Wednesday . If it's hard to fully grasp the relationship between these two numbers, imagine 37.6 million dollars, and then nine bucks. And yet the country is literally on its knees. I'm not diminishing any death, one is too many, but it gives some perspective.

Stress & anxiety are physiologically proven to dampen your immune system. What's ironic and unfortunate is that the stress/anxiety generated by the shut down of our economy has actually indirectly helped the virus by weakening the immune system of those who are more economically/financially vulnerable.

Comment

• Fuck man its only been 1 week since the OKC-Jazz game. Feels like its been a month.
                              Silver was on ESPN today and hinted at perhaps doing some sort of charity game with players that have all been cleared to play (Tested negative for the test)

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I think we should be prudent and a lot of these measures are reasonable, but I hear you. The part that doesn't quite add up to me (at least so far) is the constant "we're only seeing the beginning of it, what if gets worse". It may be relatively new here, but this has been around since mid-December (possibly earlier, that's when it was first detected). For the 2 first months, it had the "surprise element" and started in a country with over 1.4 Billion people, culturally living very close together. It's been there for 4 full months now, and the death toll is still below 3,300. So to say it's gonna kill 2.2 million people in the states alone, as the weather warms up no less, seems incongruent, inconsistent with what's happened so far.

We have 37.6 million in this country and it killed 9 people so far. First case in Canada was January 25, so it's gonna be 2 full months next Wednesday . If it's hard to fully grasp the relationship between these two numbers, imagine 37.6 million dollars, and then nine bucks. And yet the country is literally on its knees. I'm not diminishing any death, one is too many, but it gives some perspective.

Stress & anxiety are physiologically proven to dampen your immune system. What's ironic and unfortunate is that the stress/anxiety generated by the shut down of our economy has actually indirectly helped the virus by weakening the immune system of those who are more economically/financially vulnerable.
                                The reason things don't add up is that the average person doesn't really know how close to the upper limit our health care system runs at baseline. Nobody tells them that there is legitimately no extra capacity for something like this.

Maybe when this is all over we'll realize that funding healthcare is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X