Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    There are 60M people living in Italy. Current stats show 4032 deaths over there.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

So the 10% is misleading.. that's just for people tested. 4032 into 60M is tiny. And that's I think why some casuals don't take this seriously.
    "casuals" lol...nothing like the hardcore corona guys with high post counts
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I’m telling ya, people are sleeping on corona. It’s PER (Patient Efficiency Rating) is through the roof. The casuals just don’t know
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• People don't need to die lol to take this serious. Fact is a lot of these cases HAD to be hospitalized. And that's the problem. System won't be able to do it if there's too many cases. I don't know getting hospitalized is serious enough to me.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What’s the difference between a casual and a bandwagoner?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Casuals have at least 1 Corona poster on their walls. Bandwagoners drink Corona light
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• This youtube link is good for those who might be thinking, "Well where is it, it's barely happening??"

The info off the top while useful is hopefully pretty widely known by now -- but at the 2:30 mark, I think the lily pad and subsequent bucket analogies are very good illustrations of what growth could look like if people aren't taking this thing seriously...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                There are 60M people living in Italy. Current stats show 4032 deaths over there.
                https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

So the 10% is misleading.. that's just for people tested. 4032 into 60M is tiny. And that's I think why some casuals don't take this seriously.
                bookmarked.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Early signs that the "curve is flattening".

Cumulative COVID-19 cases (n=337) in Canada by date of symptom onset as of March 19, 2020, 8:30 AM EST.

This is similar to data published in the Globe and Mail showing the number or new cases reported peaked Monday or Tuesday with subsequent 3 data points (days) lower...

Time will tell if the measures taken by governments across Canada and around the world are consistent with the threat. My view is that it is much better to overact than to underact when the science and severity of the threat remains largely unknown.
                  ONTARIO keeps hitting new record highs though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

The whole world has a 10% Mortality Rate to the COVID-19. 100,000 cases have been closed, and 10,000 deaths have been recorded. (actually, just checked, now 11% ...)

This is my go to Site for the stats: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And it used to be going up by like 5,000 cases per day ... now it's going up by like 35,000 cases per day.
                    Checked out your go to site and gives a great overall picture along with what's happening in every country. We are seeing on a world-wide basis the numbers rising on an increasing basis. The impact of the measures govt's and business are implementing will take a week or 2 to be seen at least at the global level. What's obvious is that many of the larger, developed countries with open / freely crossed borders and large tourist communities are seeing the greatest increases. Countries like the US, Spain, Germany and France are showing large increases. The time interval between (a) when the virus secures a foothold and starts spreading to when (b) awareness, testing and reporting of results turns into effective prevention measures, differs from country to country.

Looking at graphs showing the cumulative number of cases per day along with the number of new cases per day, Canada shows signs of 'flattening the curve" already. The US may be a week or more away before their curve starts to flatten. States with large tourist / business travellers appear to have the heaviest number of cases. NY/NJ along with CA, FL and WA/OR (Cruise Ship ports) areas represent the majority of the cases.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

bookmarked.
                      It's a great site that seems to have the most up to date stats that I can find.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bandwagoners didnt wash their hands until golden state got locked down
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• so 1,077 cases in Canada 12 deaths. 113,121 tests performed.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nSgooc...ture=share&d=n

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              so 1,077 cases in Canada 12 deaths. 113,121 tests performed.
                              So under 1% positive from suspected tests and 1% deaths from positive cases.....it's just getting started?
                              I don't think a ton of people are going to take this seriously until there are 100,000 cases and 1000 deaths or 1M cases and 10,000 deaths.......or the death rate climbs to 5-10%

Comment

• Nobody talks about how in Italy because of not having enough equipment they have to choose who dies and not. Younger people get priority. Is this really old people killer?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X