Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

That site I provided has all of that info. Active cases are going up far faster than closed cased.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Can you can also sort active cases by country as well.

Also, I don't know if that number is "less scary" than the total cases. Is saying 255,000 active cases, really less scary than 373,000 total cases?
    Oh yeah I know where to find the active cases numbers (that website you linked is really good). It's just that's a number that doesn't get as much attention overall . The higher number will always be the scarier one for the single-mother or senior citizen trying to survive and make sense of it all. So that's the one that will be on the headline. It's a number that will always increase more compared to net active cases.

Unfortunately, at least at this stage, you're not gonna see online or on the press that 100,000+ (the difference between these numbers you gave) have now recovered, developed a natural immunity for the strain they got, and are now out of the equation for COVID19 for this season (they won't contract it again, spread it, or die from it). That's too positive and against the the overall tone in the press.

Comment

• Todays numbers are in for Italy: their cases have dropped for 2 straight days, from roughly 6500 on the 21st, to 5500 yesterday, to 4800 today. That is encouraging. The deaths have also went down a not insignificant number the last 2 days
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Todays numbers are in for Italy: their cases have dropped for 2 straight days, from roughly 6500 on the 21st, to 5500 yesterday, to 4800 today. That is encouraging. The deaths have also went down a not insignificant number the last 2 days
        I read, that 350 000 people on planet are already infected for today

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Really shitty times for Alberta. The floor dropping out of oil prices was enough for a recession already.
          It's really bad. Salary cuts and layoffs are starting at whatever is left of the oil and gas industry. Small business has been hammered here for the last few years (property taxes through the roof, the min wage, employment rule changes, carbon tax, income tax changes, supply costs) and were barely hanging on. Whole towns are devastated. I've been lucky so far but I've had business acquaintances and friends who have been financially ruined and a couple who ended it all.

Meanwhile, our UCP government has been a massive disappointment, fiddling while Rome burns. But they've set up another task force of the tall foreheads (I think this is 5 or 6 now) so that their cronies get paid and they get to put off any hard decisions longer, which is really all that matters....

Comment

• Next 10 days will be very bad in America.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Farewell Olympics. Trying to start up nba or nhl this summer is a pipe dream. Ain't happenin
              I dunno the N.A American leagues have an advantage of not gather people from all corners of the world. I would think once 30 days have passed since the Rudy case. We would be able to do one final testing of all players/ coaches and staff who will be present in fanless games. If they all pass they should be able to restart.
              The problem would be if someone tests positive after they restart then we have to start all over again.
              I think they at least give it a shot, but another round of infections and its all over for N.A sports
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I dunno the N.A American leagues have an advantage of not gather people from all corners of the world. I would think once 30 days have passed since the Rudy case. We would be able to do one final testing of all players/ coaches and staff who will be present in fanless games. If they all pass they should be able to restart.
                The problem would be if someone tests positive after they restart then we have to start all over again.
                I think they at least give it a shot, but another round of infections and its all over for N.A sports
                You think they'll suspend MLB and NFL season as well? NFL season starts in september. If we're still in this situation 6 months from now then we're in serious trouble.

Look at China, The CBA suspended their season February 1st., from what I've heard they're going to restart their season in April. Jeremy Lin posted on IG that he's already back in Beijing.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Oh yeah I know where to find the active cases numbers (that website you linked is really good). It's just that's a number that doesn't get as much attention overall . The higher number will always be the scarier one for the single-mother or senior citizen trying to survive and make sense of it all. So that's the one that will be on the headline. It's a number that will always increase more compared to net active cases.

Unfortunately, at least at this stage, you're not gonna see online or on the press that 100,000+ (the difference between these numbers you gave) have now recovered, developed a natural immunity for the strain they got, and are now out of the equation for COVID19 for this season (they won't contract it again, spread it, or die from it). That's too positive and against the the overall tone in the press.
                  But that's how it's always worked ... scientists use "Mortality Rate" to determine the severity of a virus ... not the "Survival Rate". That 100,000 doesn't really paint a relevant picture for people trying to understand the severity of the situation. And realistically, they shouldn't be trying to paint a positive picture right now ... people need to take this seriously, and frankly, ALOT of people are not.

Comment

• sharkyguy wrote: View Post

I read, that 350 000 people on planet are already infected for today
                    That was the case earlier today ... now we're at 375,000 ... yesterday it had just crossed the 300,000 marker I believe ... it's climbing fast.

Comment

• Recovery Rates
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Recovery Rates

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

You think they'll suspend MLB and NFL season as well? NFL season starts in september. If we're still in this situation 6 months from now then we're in serious trouble.

Look at China, The CBA suspended their season February 1st., from what I've heard they're going to restart their season in April. Jeremy Lin posted on IG that he's already back in Beijing.

If we're 6 months from now in the same situation(meaning we're still trying to flatten the curve), then not only nearly million people will be dead, but also Great Depression gonna look like a piece of cake compared to what's coming

Comment

• Trump's mind is on election. Not good.

Comment

• Brothers Foster and now Zarba. Why does the NBA hate the Raptors.
                              Sorry wrong thread!
                              Will Trump take the blame for the deaths on his watch by not doing enough social distancing?
                              Rhetorical question . Obama did it!
                              Last edited by Gonzz; Mon Mar 23, 2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

If we're 6 months from now in the same situation(meaning we're still trying to flatten the curve), then not only nearly million people will be dead, but also Great Depression gonna look like a piece of cake compared to what's coming
                                That's what I'm saying rocwell. We have to see some improvement in 4-8 weeks then 8-12 weeks. If we're still in this situation come August/September then we're in serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X