Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    News this morning showed dozens of Cdn Snowbirds in RVs returning from the states but not before stopping in NY State to fill up on gas, groceries and cheap booze smh. The most vulnerable still just don't get it.

Then there's the video of some, I'm sorry..... idiot 60 year old getting home delivery of a coffee from Tim Hortons from a guy in a full HAZMAT suit and laughing about it. I can understand basic groceries and other necessities but you don't need a double double that badly you moron.
    You don't need a double double at all. Other than convenience, the quality is awful. Anybody who enjoys tims can't sit at this table with the real coffee men.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You don't need a double double at all. Other than convenience, the quality is awful. Anybody who enjoys tims can't sit at this table with the real coffee men.
      Agree there. They've been taking a beating in online articles over the quality drop of their coffee, the frozen donuts and questionable menu choices. Plus the never ending, tables to booths to fireplaces and back lol.

And it shows in their financials but Canadian loyalty to the now US brand has noticeably slipped.

I'm not a high end coffee guy and never go to Starbucks etc. When I meet for a coffee with someone it's always McDonalds, where I never eat their garbage food except a rare egg McMuffin if I'm heading somewhere early.

Comment

• Italys numbers are not dropping, from steady at around roughly 5500 new cases, 650 deaths a day, despite lockdown starting about 17 days ago. Makes you wonder if this method is even worth it

Comment

Italys numbers are not dropping, from steady at around roughly 5500 new cases, 650 deaths a day, despite lockdown starting about 17 days ago. Makes you wonder if this method is even worth it
          Partly because not all Italians themselves are taking it too seriously and/or because it takes a full month, not two weeks for the cases to decline as some of the people have infected their household members without knowing that, week or more after being infected.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Agree there. They've been taking a beating in online articles over the quality drop of their coffee, the frozen donuts and questionable menu choices. Plus the never ending, tables to booths to fireplaces and back lol.

And it shows in their financials but Canadian loyalty to the now US brand has noticeably slipped.

I'm not a high end coffee guy and never go to Starbucks etc. When I meet for a coffee with someone it's always McDonalds, where I never eat their garbage food except a rare egg McMuffin if I'm heading somewhere early.
            McDonald's coffee is good, I actually like it more than several more pricey options. Just flavour preference.

Tim's has been garbage forever though, but yeah you can now tell the brand is run by a multinational hedge fund only interested in squeezing maximum profit out of its investments. It'll still suck on some levels to see Tim's inevitable drop off, they're still above average in supporting community kids sports, summer camps, etc. And are at least an entry level place to work for a lot of people - hopefully those jobs shift to better employers.

Last time I enjoyed anything from Tim's was when one opened up down the street from my high school and it used to be fun to go eat a dozen doughnuts for lunch. Good times.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• damn Canadians are pissed at Trudeau
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                What the actual? Is the some Escape from LA shit intended to keep Americans fenced in? Because no one in their right mind is sneaking across a corn field from this country into that one right now.

Xenophobia is so detached from reality.

Comment

Of course they're still going up. If we believe what we're told to believe than these numbers have a roughly 14 day lag. This is all from 2 weeks ago when nobody was staying in yet. And the numbers seem to have rounded to about 640 new cases median the last 3 days, it's not surging 30% day by day like it did in Italy early on. There was less new cases yesterday than there was the previous 2 days in Canada. We're way ahead of Italy, Iran, Spain, and the rest of the "horror stories"
                  Ontario went up from 100 new cases yesterday to 170 new cases today: a 70% day-over-day increase (a record), and 4th consecutive daily high record. The reason we're way ahead is probably because of our population density and overall size. Ontario and Toronto GTA don't seem to be faring all that well.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

What the actual? Is the some Escape from LA shit intended to keep Americans fenced in? Because no one in their right mind is sneaking across a corn field from this country into that one right now.

Xenophobia is so detached from reality.
                    his best buddy Putin annexed Crimea. Just saying
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ontario went up from 100 new cases yesterday to 170 new cases today: a 70% day-over-day increase (a record), and 4th consecutive daily high record. The reason we're way ahead is probably because of our population density and overall size. Ontario and Toronto GTA don't seem to be faring all that well.
                      Pretty well all the hardest hit areas to date are high density urban zones. How long until Canadians leaving a major city is asked to self-quarantine for 14 days?

Comment

his best buddy Putin annexed Crimea. Just saying
                        Dammit.

I live right by the border, I'll go ask and get back to you guys but saddle your mooses just in case.

Comment

damn Canadians are pissed at Trudeau
                          Please do, keep the americans out

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, guess you're on your own. See ya! lol

Comment

• Comment

Well, guess you're on your own. See ya! lol
                                Hey, I thought we are all in this together ... self isolating, together.

Comment

Working...
                                X