Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Games without fans?
    Yeah, good point. I mean games with full fan attendance. I guess they can play in empty arenas and pipe in fan noise like some do already lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yeah, good point. I mean games with full fan attendance. I guess they can play in empty arenas and pipe in fan noise like some do already lol
      Maybe we can just fill the area with people who have already had and recovered from the virus
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, that's the first thing I hear when people dare question government motives. A good tactic because it shames and vilifies, and in turn silences, your opponent in the debate.

Always Question Everything. No government wants a population of critical thinkers. I'll stay home, and do the flatten the curve thing that nobody ever said or heard of until 2 weeks ago, but I will not sit here and be spoon fed my talking points and refuse to think there's more at play here.
        Especially don't trust Chinese government. They are lying about how many people died.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If they are going to play without fans anyway, why wait? They'd have to do a few things, but I think most are doable.

- Test everyone (players, coaches, trainers, refs, announcers, ball boys, mop girls, etc)
          - If everyone is tested negative, play a game indoors in some neutral location (that has already been pre-santized).
          - When the game is over, everyone has to hang out in some "big brother" style house or series of condos / hotels that have an indoor gym where guys can lift weights/ride bikes/etc. No interaction with the public whatsoever. Stop any infection from coming in. If someone (*cough* Chris Boucher *cough*) is exposed as hanging out with the public they will be expelled/fined.

If they wait until June, July, August, etc.. the same things would probably need to be done anyway.

The sooner they do the testing/isolation/etc.. the faster we will be able to get the season re-started. Every player that was tested positive has now recovered.

To me it's either a cancelled season altogether or a system like above. And if it's going to be like above, they should be able to play sooner than later IMO.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Dan, honest question.
            Why is hyperbole and and belittling others your go-to strategy in an otherwise healthy exchanging of viewpoints?
            I didn't read "screw the old and the weak" in what Keon posted at all. In fact I read it as him try to find a more healthy balance of opinion, something you often appear to want to shut down.
            The exchange of ideas and viewpoints on the RR forum is among other attributes both, interesting and informative. Keep the exchange of viewpoints coming.

Comment

Yes, that's the first thing I hear when people dare question government motives. A good tactic because it shames and vilifies, and in turn silences, your opponent in the debate.

Always Question Everything. No government wants a population of critical thinkers. I'll stay home, and do the flatten the curve thing that nobody ever said or heard of until 2 weeks ago, but I will not sit here and be spoon fed my talking points and refuse to think there's more at play here.
              We hadn't heard of it, because we've never lived through a pandemic that actually threatened to topple health care systems.

And to your "Always Question Everything. No government wants a population of critical thinkers" point, I hear Alex Jones has some really interesting insight on the matter. Lol

Comment

I'm not saying coronavirus isnt serious. I'm saying a lot of fuckery is being done to play with people's emotions and have you living in fear. "10000 dead in italy" sounds terrifying. "
                To me it doesn’t sound terrifying, it..IS terrifying.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah with relatively few exceptions I don't think anyone is "fucking around with a pandemic" or saying is not serious. What I think some people are genuinely trying to do is bring/maintain perspective. Complex health data can be looked at many different ways, and there are often positive trends and negative trends, happening at the same time, especially on something global like this. But the doomsday ones get 10x more attention, because for better or worse, that's how the governments succeed keep people inside. It is what it is. Whether one agrees with or not, questioning it should be allowed in a free society though.

It should be ok (although frankly lacking on a balanced debate about this) to highlight the unprecedented, self-inflicted economic damage that could reach depression levels when this is all said and done. But right now anyone that brings that up runs the risk of being considered to be "fucking around with a pandemic". Like, I wouldn't be surprised if that article gets taken down later today.
                  You quoted me twice, but never actually quoted my post ...

My point of "you don't fuck with a Pandemic" was squarely in response to Keon saying how weird it is that people are taking this seriously in countries that have relatively few cases. I never accused anyone here of it, as you imply, but you seem to have taken it rather personally?
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 31, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

We hadn't heard of it, because we've never lived through a pandemic that actually threatened to topple health care systems.

And to your "Always Question Everything. No government wants a population of critical thinkers" point, I hear Alex Jones has some really interesting insight on the matter. Lol
                    Why do we keep trying to steer this off course? "He hates the elderly" "he's a conspiracy nutjob" ...like, personally, I dunno, I think it's even weirder to believe EVERYTHING the government and news media feeds you, after all the times you've been let down. There is cancer causing agents in most things you use, and ingest, because its cheaper to produce. We have sweat shops exploited all over the world so billionaires can get richer and you the middle class can save a buck but now suddenly, we'll torpedoe the entire economy to save Grandma Gertrude of Greenview Nursing Home? OK sir, please shovel more shit down my gullet and tell me how safe I'll be if I stay inside and avoid the sick people around me.

Listen, I understand about overwhelming the health care system. I support slowing the spread of coronavirus. Let me reiterate. I 100% support slowing the spread of the virus and easing the impact of sick people early on. Flatten the curve. Slow the spread. Social distance. The new normal. I've got all the slogans down pat, and most educated people with level heads are in unison on this matter. However, I keep seeing the goalposts move. It started as this 2 week quarantine, then 4 weeks, then 2 months, then summer, then a year, then 18 months....Toronto has banned gathering for 90 days? How do we know forsure what the spread will do then? What is the end goal? How do we know if we've met it? It's so very easy to move the dates and say "social distance is/isn't working, we need to go longer" and people just sing kumbaya and collect their basic income from the government teet with this new money stumbled upon?

I just have a sinking feeling they are far from done with us, long after we've flattened the curve. I hope I'm eating a crow and you're throwing a frisbee with friends enjoy a cold beverage this summer. We shall see.
                    Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Mar 31, 2020, 05:50 PM.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25...n-democracies/

How China is Exploiting the Coronavirus to Weaken Democracies

Beijing is using the pandemic to drive wedges between members of the European Union, and to advance its propaganda war against the United States.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

You quoted me twice but never actually quoted me so I could reply ...

My point of "you don't fuck with a Pandemic" was squarely in response to Keon saying how weird it is that people are taking this seriously in countries that have relatively few cases. I never accused anyone here of it, as you seem to imply, but you seem to have taken it rather personally?
                        Not to worry, I didn't take it personally. I used your term "fuck around with a pandemic" because while it aptly describes how (unfortunately) some people are treating this, it also aptly describes how people bringing up any counter-argument or adverse effects this is having in our society are often referred to these days. (not necessarily by you though).

Comment

However, I keep seeing the goalposts move. It started as this 2 week quarantine, then 4 weeks, then 2 months, then summer, then a year, then 18 months....Toronto has banned gathering for 90 days? How do we know forsure what the spread will do then? What is the end goal? How do we know if we've met it?
                          Right but like..we are listening to doctors and infectious disease experts on the matter. That’s the best approach no? Who should we be listening to? As the outbreak changes our response will change.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            If they are going to play without fans anyway, why wait? They'd have to do a few things, but I think most are doable.

- Test everyone (players, coaches, trainers, refs, announcers, ball boys, mop girls, etc)
                            - If everyone is tested negative, play a game indoors in some neutral location (that has already been pre-santized).
                            - When the game is over, everyone has to hang out in some "big brother" style house or series of condos / hotels that have an indoor gym where guys can lift weights/ride bikes/etc. No interaction with the public whatsoever. Stop any infection from coming in. If someone (*cough* Chris Boucher *cough*) is exposed as hanging out with the public they will be expelled/fined.

If they wait until June, July, August, etc.. the same things would probably need to be done anyway.

The sooner they do the testing/isolation/etc.. the faster we will be able to get the season re-started. Every player that was tested positive has now recovered.

To me it's either a cancelled season altogether or a system like above. And if it's going to be like above, they should be able to play sooner than later IMO.
                            I want basketball as bad as the next guy but that sounds like indentured servitude LOL.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Especially don't trust Chinese government. They are lying about how many people died.
                              No, dont trust any government. The commies in China love their people no less than the smug suits in north America, despite what theyd have you think.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Why do we keep trying to steer this off course? "He hates the elderly" "he's a conspiracy nutjob" ...like, personally, I dunno, I think it's even weirder to believe EVERYTHING the government and news media feeds you, after all the times you've been let down. There is cancer causing agents in most things you use, and ingest, because its cheaper to produce. We have sweat shops exploited all over the world so billionaires can get richer and you the middle class can save a buck but now suddenly, we'll torpedoe the entire economy to save Grandma Gertrude of Greenview Nursing Home? OK sir, please shovel more shit down my gullet and tell me how safe I'll be if I stay inside and avoid the sick people around me.

Listen, I understand about overwhelming the health care system. I support slowing the spread of coronavirus. Let me reiterate. I 100% support slowing the spread of the virus and easing the impact of sick people early on. Flatten the curve. Slow the spread. Social distance. The new normal. I've got all the slogans down pat, and most educated people with level heads are in unison on this matter. However, I keep seeing the goalposts move. It started as this 2 week quarantine, then 4 weeks, then 2 months, then summer, then a year, then 18 months....Toronto has banned gathering for 90 days? How do we know forsure what the spread will do then? What is the end goal? How do we know if we've met it? It's so very easy to move the dates and say "social distance is/isn't working, we need to go longer" and people just sing kumbaya and collect their basic income from the government teet with this new money stumbled upon?

I just have a sinking feeling they are far from done with us, long after we've flattened the curve. I hope I'm eating a crow and you're throwing a frisbee with friends enjoy a cold beverage this summer. We shall see.
                                I think you're attributing too much competence to the people in charge. The moving the goal posts is simply a function of widespread incompetence amongst the elected officials and the bureaucracy... and it's hard to expect any better. I know I wouldn't be able to make the right decisions right now. Would you? I agree with questioning the government, but I think a lot of these people are really trying their best to save our country's economy. Unfortunately, they just suck at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X