No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ontario reported 309 new cases which is the lowest daily number in a week. As mentioned above, we should also be getting good news from other provinces ex. Quebec which hasn't started to stabilize yet. Daylight ahead...

Comment

• damn
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Damn this virus is simply unstoppable without herd immunity. South Korea also reported that at least 50 people reinfected in SK, likely from virus hiding somewhere inside the body

Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 6, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            This drug can also cause fatal arrhythmias, where patient needs to be shocked back to life

Comment

• The CERB benefit from the government can present some interesting situations the way it's structured.

To be eligible, as per the government:

"For at least 14 days in a row for the period you are applying for, you will not receive: employment income, self-employment income, or provincial or federal benefits related to maternity or paternity leave"

In other words:

Person A: Works hard to make ends meet through a messy patchwork of shifts/contracts/jobs here and there, disrupted by social distancing/closures, (but somewhat still exposed to the virus through their work). Manages to concoct 1,900 through it all --> Denied the CERB

Person B: Watches Netflix for 14 days straight --> Granted the CERB ($2,000).

Free handed-out money has a perverse way to mess with the effort-reward system in society. I can see why there are lots of people out there hoping this lasts as long as possible.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This drug can also cause fatal arrhythmias, where patient needs to be shocked back to life
                And.….? Some doctors are prescribing it and some are not. Some are saying it works others are saying it doesn't. I'm not qualified to make a judgement on it but no one should be scare-mongering about possible treatments at this point.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Here’s another thing we’re learning about Covid that might be worth mentioning on a forum like this:

Covid is showing greater and more serious results in men. I’ve seen this reported through many outlets.

Among other possible reasons, it’s certainly being posited that men simply don’t take this thing as seriously as women. Men are more likely to take greater risks regarding it because they feel like it won’t happen to them, that they’re stronger than it. That they’re more likely to feel this whole thing is “way overblown.” Men are also perhaps not as inclined to educate themselves about how to properly sanitize and take necessary precautions. Men are perhaps not as ready to be told what to do, and to listen.

And we know this is biological right? Men have greater risk taking impulses ... a study in the Telegraph, said that’s true by a measure of 2 to 1. I don’t have to cite this stuff. We know this.

Point being, and I have great optimism that you’re all taking care of yourselves, but please guys, with much love, let’s do our best not to end up as one of the statistics of stupid men.
                  Male privilege! But I'm not sure it has to do with men not washing their hands..... Diseases are known to affect men and women differently. Pretty sure that for non-smokers, women get hit harder by flu complications than men, for example.

Comment

Comment

As Trump says. What do you have to lose? It’s your life not his. Still think they switch to sacrificing grandma to save the DOW.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't need to apply but hopefully this helps people who need it. Freelancing is hard as it is.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            The CERB benefit from the government can present some interesting situations the way it's structured.

To be eligible, as per the government:

"For at least 14 days in a row for the period you are applying for, you will not receive: employment income, self-employment income, or provincial or federal benefits related to maternity or paternity leave"

In other words:

Person A: Works hard to make ends meet through a messy patchwork of shifts/contracts/jobs here and there, disrupted by social distancing/closures, (but somewhat still exposed to the virus through their work). Manages to concoct 1,900 through it all --> Denied the CERB

Person B: Watches Netflix for 14 days straight --> Granted the CERB ($2,000).

Free handed-out money has a perverse way to mess with the effort-reward system in society. I can see why there are lots of people out there hoping this lasts as long as possible.
                            People with sufficiently reduced income will still qualify for EI. People at zero income may qualify for CERB.

Government is also getting into wage subsidies and relaxing work share requirements for employers, we'll see how that works out (slowly).
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I've been taking it for two years, in the amount recommended for dealing with COVID-19, for two years for Rheumatic arthritis, and two members of my family or extended family have been taking it for longer than that, for lupus, with no side effects. If you studied a large enough cohort, you would find people that had a significant from sugar.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...place-in-world

Taiwan isn't there but they top this "success with masks" list - they have managed Covid-19 the best in the world. They went nuts on masks early on.... and full-on xenophobic by banning travelers from Wuhan almost immediately. Taiwan basically ignored the WHO and CDC's expert advice, in part because China has frozen out Taiwan from these global NGOs. That seems like a good thing.

Forced to develop its own health vigilance systems, Taiwan, with a population of 23 million, took a separate approach to handling the virus. When the WHO recommended against restrictions on travelers from China, officials in Taiwan implemented bans from the original affected areas and later widened them. As the WHO advised that masks weren’t necessary, Taiwan ramped up production and issued them to citizens.

Comment

Working...
                                X