No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...sultPosition=7

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Good lord. Using data from 1918 to model the global, digital economy today? From MIT, no less. This pandemic has made me lose my faith in smart people. I mean, humans will rebound stronger than ever.... at some point. No matter what strategy we choose. You don’t need a rocket scientist or MIT PhD to tell you that.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/YahooCASports/st...61583993200641

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Good lord. Using data from 1918 to model the global, digital economy today? From MIT, no less. This pandemic has made me lose my faith in smart people. I mean, humans will rebound stronger than ever.... at some point. No matter what strategy we choose. You don’t need a rocket scientist or MIT PhD to tell you that.

I remember when they said we learned from SARS we're ready
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I remember when they said we learned from SARS we're ready
              Don't expect speed and decisiveness from Trudeau. His first reaction to any thorny situation is: "Let's not offend or inconvenience anybody... that's not the Canadian way." Once Justin is absolutely 100% sure he's not going to get any PR blow-back from the general public or a special interest group, then he's ready to act (i.e. weeks or months later).

Remember the Wetsuwet'n crisis? Ah.... the good ole' days. God forbid if the Russians decide to invade us from the north.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Don't expect speed and decisiveness from Trudeau. His first reaction to any thorny situation is: "Let's not offend or inconvenience anybody... that's not the Canadian way." Once Justin is absolutely 100% sure he's not going to get any PR blow-back from the general public or a special interest group, then he's ready to act (i.e. weeks or months later).

Remember the Wetsuwet'n crisis? Ah.... the good ole' days. God forbid if the Russians decide to invade us from the north.
                Almost. If it's somewhere he doesn't need votes to get elected, he doesn't care.

Comment

• 9/11 everyday for 18 months. Think about that.

https://twitter.com/stephapstein/sta...08205523369984

Comment

• Does anyone else seem to find it seems as if almost half the people online are almost rooting for corona virus?

There's good news story out there especially in Canada but i find social media, news and pretty much every place i visit online a large proportion of people almost want this thing to be causing more deaths.

Keep seeing people being pissed cause not enough people are getting tested to increase the # of infected individuals, when really the only main statistic that really matters is hospitilizations, ICUs and deaths. If anything the more asymptomatic people and those who have it but not confirmed the better.

I might just have to log off everything but their really isn't too much else to do, Even comedy podcasts that a listen to are dominated by Rona talk.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Does anyone else seem to find it seems as if almost half the people online are almost rooting for corona virus?

There's good news story out there especially in Canada but i find social media, news and pretty much every place i visit online a large proportion of people almost want this thing to be causing more deaths.

Keep seeing people being pissed cause not enough people are getting tested to increase the # of infected individuals, when really the only main statistic that really matters is hospitilizations, ICUs and deaths. If anything the more asymptomatic people and those who have it but not confirmed the better.

I might just have to log off everything but their really isn't too much else to do, Even comedy podcasts that a listen to are dominated by Rona talk.
                      Exactly. Amount infected is a meaningless statistic really, asymptomatic becomes future immunity, sick and dying is all we're trying to prevent.

you're right that some people are subconsciously rooting for it, I think some are enjoying this new life, a lot of people are being paid (usually very little) to sit on their ass and they dont have to feel or guilty or lazy About it. I just got done talking to my brother in law and hes all "keep it locked down until theres a cure" and I just scolded him like really? What kind of society are you interested in returning to? Or your kids growing up to? The great depression led into the worlds worst war, we got the next 10 to 20 to 50 years to worry about here too.

we need to keep in perspective here though, I think it became clear to everyone awhile back that this would be going well onto may at least, and it's still April 10. Just buckle down, stay calm, do the right things, no reason to get too out of sorts yet.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

we need to keep in perspective here though, I think it became clear to everyone awhile back that this would be going well onto may at least, and it's still April 10. Just buckle down, stay calm, do the right things, no reason to get too out of sorts yet.
                        Ya i'm not complaining about were we are right now, i think its still needed. People attitudes are just really weird, twitter is rallying to take away things from people that have no effect on controlling the virus.

Closing 1000's acres provincial parks, policing couples going for a walk, getting pissed at room mates playing Frisbee in the park.
                        A part of the public seems to think a family going outside kilometers away from anyone else is going to kill their grand parents.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Australia going at the who. Britain talking about creating a class action suit with suffering countries to sue China for 6 trillion dollars.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...tank-bjgv0lf5r
                          Not Australia, just a few of undereducated tabloids. SkyNews is the US equivalent of FoxNews
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Not Australia, just a few of undereducated tabloids. SkyNews is the US equivalent of FoxNews
                            so better than most other places in australia, and not communist funded?

Comment

• Illegally crossing the border into Canada. The rcmp is there to assist in the crossing, and get you illegally entered in as safely and quickly as possible.
                              https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle34183890/

Rcmp ready to enforce house arrest on citizens who peaceably assemble in public.
                              https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/tr...080004625.html

Quick reminder our guy in charge loves Canadian constitution and freedoms so much he gave a terrorist 10.5 million of your money, and harbors him from actual justice.

Your rights are just goveremt suggestions, government suggestions are enforceable through force. Comrades.

"please stay separated from others, to assist and protect fellow Canadians" acceptable and understandable.

"papers comrades or prison" evil

Comment

• How soon til you need to take the mark of the beast on your forehead in order to get paid your "emergency assistance funds" from the United nations?

Comment

Working...
                                X