Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny wrote: View Post
    9/11 everyday for 18 months. Think about that.

https://twitter.com/stephapstein/sta...08205523369984
    This is absurd fear mongering and straw man burning by some idiot on twitter recounting a made up conversation from his imagination. No one is suggesting a let it all burn approach. There is a large middle ground to occupy here.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      How soon til you need to take the mark of the beast on your forehead in order to get paid your "emergency assistance funds" from the United nations?
      May 9th.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

May 9th.
        I was hoping it would take a bit longer.
        Might have to move up my plan to move to a private island and declare myself a sovereign nation....

Comment

How soon til you need to take the mark of the beast on your forehead in order to get paid your "emergency assistance funds" from the United nations?
          Lol..RRs discussion is totally different than most online discussions. Maybe just small sample sizes..a lot of skeptics..I can understand how it's annoying for some but I'm glad people here at least question motives of those in power
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• surprise, the cbc has justin's back. doing anything, beyond letting the infected en masse into our country, and fighting racism of citizens is all the bone headed, irrational, and un-cooperative canadian citizens would accept. so we didn't buy anything, and we told them that the who, and united nations, and china are tops, so we could ferment fear. we also purposely gave our medical supplies to china, so they could sell us faulty ones back, after our citizens were sufficiently scared.
            it wasn't our leaders, it was you. don't believe your eyes, and ears from the beginning. they have always fought the virus.
            thanks cbc.
            https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadians-...215749793.html

on a plus side, if this hurts russia a lot, and especially putin's power grip, it could wedge china, and russia apart.
            https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russia-rep...074348684.html
            Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Apr 12, 2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• New Brunswick’s Conservative government got out ahead of this early and were amongst the first in the country to begin enforcing isolation. The result has been in a province of 700,000 people which borders on Quebec and the US, where the disease has caused considerable damage in both jurisdictions, there have been zero deaths. Hopefully we will be amongst the first to have our economy start back up. There will obviously be setbacks coming, but the case load has so far been manageable, our hospitals appear to be under control, and in a part of the country where medical resources are scarce our medical staff appear to be weathering the storm well. If we had allowed the disease to sweep through not only would we have lost those people at risk but we probably would have lost Doctors and Nurses who are irreplaceable in this corner of the country. I say this as a sixty three year old former small businessman who has voted Conservative in every election but 2 and who has never voted Liberal. For some reason I get the feeling people are currently looking for good crisis management rather than ideological sloganeering.
              Last edited by meductic; Sun Apr 12, 2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• More somber (and misleading) headlines from the media:
                https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ault-1.5529914
                Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and the world on Sunday

Police investigating after 31 patients died inside Quebec long-term care home

Quebec Premier François Legault said 31 people have died at a private Montreal-area seniors' residence since March 13 — five, so far, confirmed from COVID-19.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

It's the accent Babyyyyyyyyyyy

Almost sounds fake!

I couldn't even make it through the whole video hahahahahahaha
                  Feels like the pivotal scene out of an Oscar-bait movie.

Comment

More somber (and misleading) headlines from the media:
                    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ault-1.5529914
                    Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and the world on Sunday

Police investigating after 31 patients died inside Quebec long-term care home

Quebec Premier François Legault said 31 people have died at a private Montreal-area seniors' residence since March 13 — five, so far, confirmed from COVID-19.
                    this home has to hope for covid, which is gross. that looks like a bunch of major lawsuits if it is found to be systemic neglect.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...0-865882491103
                    this is a cinema suing its insurance company because its pandemic insurance doesn't cover covid. wtf.

Comment

• https://globalnews.ca/news/6810568/c...AOABCLb50JSrv4

Ontario family gets a $880 ticket for roller blading in a empty parking lot with his 3 sons.
                      Thats fucked up and the kind of stuff people were worried about. This better get throw out very bad precedent to set.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        https://globalnews.ca/news/6810568/c...AOABCLb50JSrv4

Ontario family gets a $880 ticket for roller blading in a empty parking lot with his 3 sons.
                        Thats fucked up and the kind of stuff people were worried about. This better get throw out very bad precedent to set.
                        Pathetic. Can't generalize but this is an example of a frightened and judgemental society taking things to the extreme, losing perspective, and destroying the economy in the process. Follow the rules, respect the pandemic, do your best to limit the spread but don't lose common sense ffs.

Comment

• Ontario seems to leveling off at 400-500 new cases per day. Fingers crossed, and hope we’ve hit the peak.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Ontario seems to leveling off at 400-500 new cases per day. Fingers crossed, and hope we’ve hit the peak.
                            do we go back to normal before the second wave? Or are we just on lockdown for the next 12 months? That's the question. Trudeau says we don't go back to normal until we have a vaccine. I think that's wishful thinking.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Ontario seems to leveling off at 400-500 new cases per day. Fingers crossed, and hope we’ve hit the peak.
                              I hope so too. The more they test, the more they'll find though, so it'd be nice to see some normalized data. I wonder if there's a website(s) out there that would show:

1. Percentage of tests that went positive vs negative (and if that's increasing or decreasing)
                              2. The criteria used to decide who was tested at #1 above (is it just people with symptoms, medical staff, high exposure jobs, or is it a uniform population sample)
                              3. The normalized fatality/hospital rate in relation to the local life expectancy
                              4. The criteria used to determine the cause of death (a breakdown between healthy patients that caught covid and were hospitalized/died as a result vs patients that had chronic respiratory conditions/other co-conditions that go to the hospital frequently and died as a result of them while also being positive for covid)
                              5. Some kind of index to see how busier (or not) a hospital actually is compared to normal times
                              6. The number of covid hospitalizations as an overall % of hospitalizations for a given jurisdiction/hospital

I realize that's very specific data though, and while available to health authorities, probably very hard to find in the public domain. It'd be refreshing to see it, however. All you see is flashy headlines with raw numbers comparing it to 9/11 or something.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

do we go back to normal before the second wave? Or are we just on lockdown for the next 12 months? That's the question. Trudeau says we don't go back to normal until we have a vaccine. I think that's wishful thinking.
                                Until there is a vaccine, there is no normal.

We also aren't going to be in a lockdown for 12-18 months because we can't afford it. Can't let the economy crash or we are going to have bigger problems then the Coronavirus.

End of May or early June I see things opening up in terms of restrictions if everything goes according to plan, (not like it was before but more essential things will be allowed again that will allow the economy to sort of chug along). I predict everyone will be wearing masks in public by then and it might turn into a law. Our health care system will be expended. More ICU beds and equipment will be added as to allow the system to handle more patients if needed thus expending the threshold of our limited health care capacity.

If we experience a second wave of illnesses coming fall time that will endanger the new bigger health care capacity, its back to lockdown again (unless we find some sort of an efficient treatment that helps reduce significantly the hospitalization and death rates, or we create new laws that will restrict the movement of those who are most vulnerable with comorbidities and have everybody else continue as normal).

Comment

Working...
                                X