Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Where is that the first rule? Nazi germany?
    The scary thing is a Hitler type would straight up soar to power right now given the attitude of the public. Just replace jew with covid 19 in all of Hitler's agenda
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

The scary thing is a Hitler type would straight up soar to power right now given the attitude of the public. Just replace jew with covid 19 in all of Hitler's agenda
      That's how Hitler did come to power. They burned Reichstag, the Parliament building, blamed it on commies and 4 weeks later Hitler was in power.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah the ticket thing is dumb. Isn't that something that needs to be passed in some sort of legislation? Feels like communism to me. Hopefully judges throw those tickets out if fought.
        It has been: "Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act" .....ie your rights are now suspended.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Where is that the first rule? Nazi germany?
          When people say that kind of stuff could never, ever happen in the West, all you have to do is take a look at what the police are doing right now and how many people not only see nothing wrong with it but actively cheer it on. Pay attention to who those people are cause I guarantee you know some of them. Also, keep in mind that this kind of aggressive policing happens all the time in communities that the politicians and media ignore. It's not a big stretch to expand it to everyone.

And it is no defense to say, well, the situation is unprecedented and temporary cause that's how it always starts. I'm obviously on record as supporting a lot of the government actions as necessary risk mitigation but in the midst of that some very dangerous stuff is happening and we need to guard against it.

Comment

• RIP
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

do we go back to normal before the second wave? Or are we just on lockdown for the next 12 months? That's the question. Trudeau says we don't go back to normal until we have a vaccine. I think that's wishful thinking.
              We may never have a vaccine. We know certain things work to reduce risk: travel restrictions, masks, testing, etc. We know certain drugs seem to be helping anecdotally. Focus should be on reducing risk not reducing numbers in models.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post

The cop told him to go home and he started arguing. First rule is don't argue with cops. That's when he issued the ticket.
                Nope.
                He asked a question.
                Last I checked, we're still allowed to ask reasonable questions, although that right seems to have been somewhat eroded.
                Dad just needed to ask, "aren't we allowed to be here as a family unit, who are we hurting"
                Cop just needed to reply, this parking lot is off limits and the business is closed.

End of altercation.
                That Community Centre has a huge empty parking lot and there was no harm being done. Dad and kids could have legally been roller blading right there down 3rd Line or Upper Middle in traffic. Better?

Bylaw Bob was a dick and sounds like he was fed up with people giving him lip. This Dad and his kids weren't.

"On Friday, Todd Nelson took his sons Liam, Brandon and Dustin to the parking lot of Glen Abbey Community Centre to go rollerblading, he said — but after about 45 minutes, a bylaw officer pulled up and told them they had to go.
                “I kind of looked around. There was nobody near us. The whole parking lot was completely empty.”
                “I just said, ‘Who are we hurting?’ He said, ‘Oh, you’re not going to be like that, are you?’ And I said, ‘I’m just asking a question,’ Nelson said. “And that was it. He said, ‘Give me your ID’, and next thing you know we got a ticket.”

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It has been: "Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act" .....ie your rights are now suspended.
                  I'm no lawyer but a quick review of that act and it's pretty prone to interpretation:
                  https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90e09#BK22

Plus I'm surprised the cop didn't give the dad a $100K fine with a year of prison. I mean he was using roller blades. Could be used as a weapon.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm no lawyer but a quick review of that act and it's pretty prone to interpretation:
                    https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90e09#BK22

Plus I'm surprised the cop didn't give the dad a $100K fine with a year of prison. I mean he was using roller blades. Could be used as a weapon.
                    Cop should be forced to print his name legibly under his signature so he can be outed on social media. It's simply over stepping the intent of the bylaw.

Bylaw Bob should have determined these were his kids and said "good job, thanks for doing your part by correctly social distancing....."

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

When people say that kind of stuff could never, ever happen in the West, all you have to do is take a look at what the police are doing right now and how many people not only see nothing wrong with it but actively cheer it on. Pay attention to who those people are cause I guarantee you know some of them. Also, keep in mind that this kind of aggressive policing happens all the time in communities that the politicians and media ignore. It's not a big stretch to expand it to everyone.

And it is no defense to say, well, the situation is unprecedented and temporary cause that's how it always starts. I'm obviously on record as supporting a lot of the government actions as necessary risk mitigation but in the midst of that some very dangerous stuff is happening and we need to guard against it.
                      I'm on the fence on this one. On the one hand, we should protect our right to freedom of movement to the death. On the other hand, freedom of movement is contributing to our death. Are there going to be bad apples when it comes to enforcement? Of course. But the fact that we can highlight it, debate it, publicly shame it & correct it, shows that our system is working. Let's not get all dramatic here and pretend that a grouchy cop having a bad day is leading us directly on the path to North Korea.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm on the fence on this one. On the one hand, we should protect our right to freedom of movement to the death. On the other hand, freedom of movement is contributing to our death. Are there going to be bad apples when it comes to enforcement? Of course. But the fact that we can highlight it, debate it, publicly shame it & correct it, shows that our system is working. Let's not get all dramatic here and pretend that a grouchy cop having a bad day is leading us directly on the path to North Korea.
                        Ya it looks like it just is a one bad cop situation.

We just as a free western democracy have to separate the issue between measures that are understandable and helping to control the virus vs overstepping of power that is trying to control things that are a clear removal of freedoms..

To me playing in a park, going fishing, walking with your significant other, jogging in the park should be considered completely fine. I wouldn't consider this to be a controversial statement but from what im seeing it seems like a pretty 50/50 split in the general public. The joy which some are getting in cheering on draconian measure is what scares me and IMO opinion is a completely separate issue from social distancing, not having large events and taking preventive measures

The social distancing is T.S.A check points and background checks at airports.
                        The public shaming and outlawing of being active is the patriot act and we have to be careful because it was too late before the general public realized what the patriot act really was

Comment

We just as a free western democracy have to separate the issue between measures that are understandable and helping to control the virus vs overstepping of power that is trying to control things that are a clear removal of freedoms..

To me playing in a park, going fishing, walking with your significant other, jogging in the park should be considered completely fine. I wouldn't consider this to be a controversial statement but from what im seeing it seems like a pretty 50/50 split in the general public. The joy which some are getting in cheering on draconian measure is what scares me and IMO opinion is a completely separate issue from social distancing, not having large events and taking preventive measures

The public shaming and outlawing of being active is the patriot act and we have to be careful because it was too late before the general public realized what the patriot act really was
                          I think measures will start easing in may. I hate to break it to Canadian government, but were all indirectly mixing every day. Half the people are still working, and we all congregate when he pick up our supplies, I've never seen grocery stores so consistently busy. Things like golf courses, parks need to open back up, because you can do those things responsibly. This isnt a nanny state.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 25 new cases in BC 2 days ago. 20 new cases yesterday. Fingers crossed.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is where I think you're mis-interpreting the intent. It's not joy to keep these measures going, it's that people just want to get this effing thing over with as fast as possible..... like yesterday. And they think that if EVERYBODY goes hard-core into self isolation and other measures, then we can ALL get back to the new normal faster. What you're seeing is just a byproduct of people getting majorly pissed off at the people who they perceive still aren't taking things seriously and contributing to the spread and the disease lingering longer than it could/should.

People like this....

Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 13, 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This is where I think you're mis-interpreting the intent. It's not joy to keep these measures going, it's that people just want to get this effing thing over with as fast as possible..... like yesterday. And they think that if EVERYBODY goes hard-core into self isolation and other measures, then we can ALL get back to the new normal faster. What you're seeing is just a byproduct of people getting majorly pissed off at the people who they perceive still aren't taking things seriously and contributing to the spread and the disease lingering longer than it could/should.

I might just be seeing different things then you. Im seeing post on my local citys reddit asking where they can report people jogging. Posting pictures of people playing frisbee shaming them and cheering on articles such as the dad getting a ticket for roller blading.

I also dont necessarily agree that if we go into hard core self isolation the virus is going is disappear. It's still going to be out there people have to get grocerys etc. The virus has a resievour in our population now. It isn't going away. People can sit inside until September only to come out and the infections sky rocket once again. No one is saying that the virus will disappear, we passed that point already. Its now a part of our regular cycle of sickness
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Mon Apr 13, 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X