Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Saw the first half so far:

... makes a pretty good case that this was created in a lab.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Saw the first half so far:

Haven't watch this, and I'm guessing it's not the most unbiased of pieces being the Epoch Times, but I've been saying this since Day 1, and I'm basically the last person to jump to conspiracies - this one stinks of shenanigans. I mean it's basically the perfect Trojan Horse to start a global pandemic.
        Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 14, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Saw the first half so far:

I'm too stupid to figure out if this is BS or not.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

that's real and I'm with you
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ers-wednesday/
                U.S. President Donald Trump will hold a conference call with sports leaders on Wednesday as part of his committee to “reopen America,” Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania
                Sources: President Donald Trump is scheduled to hold a call Wednesday with his committee focused on reopening America, which includes major-league commissioners, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
                11:18 PM - Apr 14, 2020
                Twitter Ads info and privacy
                2,013 people are talking about this

At a press conference earlier Tuesday, Trump announced the following sports leaders would be included on the committee, which features almost 200 bussiness leaders from across a wide range of industries:

• NBA commissioner Adam Silver

• MLB commissioner Rob Manfred

• NHL commissioner Gary Bettman

• NFL commissioner Roger Goodell

• UFC president Dana White

• PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan

• LPGA commissioner Michael Whan

• USTA chairman Patrick Galbraith

• MLS commissioner Don Garber

• WWE chairman Vince McMahon

• NASCAR vice-chairperson Lesa Kennedy

• New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft

• Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones

• Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban

“We want to get our sports back so importantly,” Trump said. “We have to get our sports back. I’m tired of watching baseball games that are 14 years old. But I haven’t actually had too much time to watch. I would say maybe I watch one batter and then I get back to work.”

Trump also held a conference call with sports leaders on April 4, where he thanked them for their roles in fighting the new coronavirus in their communities, according to Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, that's basically the exact order of the 4 most populous cities in Canada (obviously Toronto over MTL, but you get it) ... so I'm guessing it's that? Now where's my cookie?!
                  International flights.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

International flights.
                      Fair ... but I think I still deserve a cookie.

Comment

• Not to be a downer but last two days weren't good to Ontario
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Operation Gridlock: Thousands protest Whitmer's stay-at-home order in Michigan

Thousands of Michiganders protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s stay-at-home executive order drove to Lansing, Michigan, for a mass ‘drive-by’ protest on Wednesday.

The Michigan Conservative Coalition organized “Operation Gridlock” featuring protesters circling the Michigan State Capitol in their vehicles and honking their horns to show their opposition to the Democratic governor’s coronavirus-related restrictions. The protesters observed social distancing practices by remaining in their vehicles.

“Our Governor and her allies are infecting ALL of us with their radical, progressive agenda,” the Michigan Conservative Coalition said on its Facebook page organizing the protest. “Dope stores? Open. Abortion clinics? Open. Churches? Shut down. Local businesses? Going broke!”

While aerial photos and videos showed some folks outside of their vehicles, the Michigan Conservative Coalition is asking protesters to remain inside their cars. The coalition posted rules for protesting that instructed participants to not leave their vehicles, to not drink too much water because there may be no bathrooms nearby, and to not turn around if they get stuck on highways into Lansing —because that’s part of the gridlock the protesters intended to cause.

“We can get this rally done and stay within the social distancing guidelines,” said Marian Sheridan, Michigan Conservative Coalition co-founder, in a statement. “Citizens are frankly tired of being treated like babies. As adults, we now know what needs to be done to stay safe.”
                          https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...whitmers-stay/

I've got a lot of family in Michigan...hopefully this doesn't lead to anything too too crazy.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...whitmers-stay/

I've got a lot of family in Michigan...hopefully this doesn't lead to anything too too crazy.
                            This is why a shut down of the world is not going to last until June, let alone 2022. The purpose of what we are doing now was to flatten the curve but it seems to have shifted to trying to wipe out the virus or something. Lots of people are going to get sick and many will die, most of them the elderly but some not. At some point, we need different risk mitigation strategies that allow society to re-open or there will be unrest. None of this is especially difficult to figure out but I get the sense there are now some people who think we need to wipe out the virus or shelter at home until a vaccine is found - the first of which is insane and the second of which is naïve.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

This is why a shut down of the world is not going to last until June, let alone 2022. The purpose of what we are doing now was to flatten the curve but it seems to have shifted to trying to wipe out the virus or something. Lots of people are going to get sick and many will die, most of them the elderly but some not. At some point, we need different risk mitigation strategies that allow society to re-open or there will be unrest. None of this is especially difficult to figure out but I get the sense there are now some people who think we need to wipe out the virus or shelter at home until a vaccine is found - the first of which is insane and the second of which is naïve.
                              I don't think this is what is being communicated though. At least not here in Canada. Trudeau has been pretty clear that the reopening of the economy will happen in stages, and be carefully managed, but I don't think anyone has said that the current extreme measures are what will be carried through as we wait those 12-18 months for a vaccine.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I don't think this is what is being communicated though. At least not here in Canada. Trudeau has been pretty clear that the reopening of the economy will happen in stages, and be carefully managed, but I don't think anyone has said that the current extreme measures are what will be carried through as we wait those 12-18 months for a vaccine.
                                Its because the news media twists quotes and then puts up headlines about "NO RETURN TO NORMALCY UNTIL VACCINE" and "18 MONTHS OF SAFETY MEASURES" and then get its spread to social media and conversation.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X