Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    OT discussion and thread drift is what keeps many forums alive .... no undue moderation or censorship required above the basic civility rules of the forum.... imo
    Except for basic Forum Rules with regards to organization and which discussions take place where. We have an entire forum for off-topic discussion. This Forum is for Raptors talk. It's pretty clear.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Disagree. A basketball forum goes off topic and some basketball fans stop coming back.
      This.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Which part seems "wacked out" or "out there"?
        I mean ... unironically referencing Alex Jones and Info Wars is usually a place where most people stop paying attention ... at least it is for me. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean ... unironically referencing Alex Jones and Info Wars is usually a place where most people stop paying attention ... at least it is for me. Lol
          Where did I reference alex jones and info wars? I barely know what those things are, certainly don't listen to them. Eugenics? He's on record telling you he believes in population control thru reproductivity in 3rd world countries, he's on record telling you his dad was the president of planned parenthood. This is too much of a stretch for you to ever even consider? Then I ask, why? Do you know Bill Gates personally? You know his beliefs, and his core values?
          Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Apr 23, 2020, 06:08 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Where did I reference alex jones and info wars? I barely know what those things are, certainly don't listen to them. Eugenics? He's on record telling you he believes in population control thru reproductivity in 3rd world countries, he's on record telling you his dad was the president of planned parenthood. This is too much of a stretch for you to ever even consider? Then I ask, why? Do you know Bill Gates personally? You know his beliefs, and his core values?
            Yes he is on record about population control but his point makes sense.

We were surprised when we saw a newspaper article in 1998 showing that only a few diseases cause most childhood deaths and showing how little money was being invested in creating and providing vaccines for these diseases. A chart in the article showed that a particular type of diarrheal disease—rotavirus—was killing over 400,000 children per year. How could a disease we had never heard of get so little attention and kill this many children? We sent the article to my father and asked him to look into how we could help.

A surprising but critical fact we learned was that reducing the number of deaths actually reduces population growth. Chart 3 shows the strong connection between infant mortality rates and fertility rates. Contrary to the Malthusian view that population will grow to the limit of however many kids can be fed, in fact parents choose to have enough kids to give them a high chance that several will survive to support them as they grow old. As the number of kids who survive to adulthood goes up, parents can achieve this goal without having as many children.
            https://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-...al-letter-2009
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
              Thank you, if it was not intended as sarcasm. Jenny McCarthy, an ex playboy centrefold claimed this was the cause of her son’s autism based on an article by Andrew Wakefield in the Lancet medical journal of Feb 28,1998. The article was consequently withdrawn and Wakefield lost his license for making up his statistics. From this article and Jenny McCarthy the anti Vaxxer thing took off.
              But I think there are some incredibly irresponsible things being said on this thread that could have very dire consequences on people’s health...
              Vaccinations are the single most successful public health measure in history. Speaking of Jenny M. I did 'read' that particular PB issue way back when and IMO the bathtub shots were the best.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yes he is on record about population control but his point makes sense.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-...al-letter-2009
                Yes, his point does make sense. I don't think Bill Gates is an evil guy, or a comic book villain. I just think he has a TON of PASSION, a TON of core beliefs, and 10000 TONS of money. Again, where that leads, I don't know. I'm not trying to go off on to wild tangents about chem trails and info wars, I'm just sticking to the facts and letting people draw their own conclusion

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Apollo

It may be nearing the time to at least move this thread out of the Raptors forum.
                  Why tho? There isn't any basketball going on and these are people I and others are used to talking to all year. Desperate times.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
                    Thank you, if it was not intended as sarcasm. Jenny McCarthy, an ex playboy centrefold claimed this was the cause of her son’s autism based on an article by Andrew Wakefield in the Lancet medical journal of Feb 28,1998. The article was consequently withdrawn and Wakefield lost his license for making up his statistics. From this article and Jenny McCarthy the anti Vaxxer thing took off.
                    But I think there are some incredibly irresponsible things being said on this thread that could have very dire consequences on people’s health...
                    Again, nothing harmful has been said. i never said "dont take vaccines" (vaccines have saved millions of lives) I never said fuck social distancing (its definitely helping slow the spread of corona)

I'm just asking you to consider there is ulterior motives or goals at play amongst the whole thing, that perhaps you're not hearing on the nightly news.

Besides, if KeonClark posts are influencing society in any way, that person has a lot more to worry about than covid-19. We're just talking here. Guys at the cyber bar with a beer. As it has always been on RR

Comment

...We're just talking here. Guys at the cyber bar with a beer. As it has always been on RR
                      I'll drink to that.

Comment

The video you posted last page was from infowars... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfoWars

The quote you posted the page before that, bringing up Gates, is from reknowned bullshit artist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Rath

This is a problem, Keon. You openly admit that you have no idea regarding the sourcing of your content.

That's how Russia got Trump elected and why, yes, Joey is right to be concerned when people (not just you) start posting wackadoo ideas, some from flat-out alt-right sources, and casually posing that this is how we should be informing our thought.

Love this site and don't mean this as an attack ... but "sticking to the facts" ..... despite the best efforts of some, that ain't really happening.

Anyway, Joey isn't suggesting deleting the thread from the looks of things. He seemed to be considering moving this conversation to another spot more fit for it, and where this site can have a chance of retaining its standing as a legitimate Raptor fan forum.

I've mostly been avoiding this place for a while as it's a bit sad to see some of the narrative around here. That said, I do like to check-in -- cause interspersed with the bullshit is some interesting, insightful stuff. That, and I've read virtually every post on this site for the last several years, hard to peel myself away.

And yes, I get that in order to have the valuable stuff that is being discussed here... you're bound to have to trudge through some garbage... just the way it is. So I don't know that there's a good solution.

Anyhow...

I think if someone like Masai were to read this forum right now he'd probably be like "WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON IN HERE?????"

I imagine he's got more pressing ways to spend his time though.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

That's how Russia got Trump elected and why, yes, Joey is right to be concerned when people (not just you) start posting wackadoo ideas, some from flat-out alt-right sources, and casually posing that this is how we should be informing our thought.

lol. the others are crazy.

Comment

• I am not very knowledgeable basketball wise and I do find the people on here incredibly informative. I always enjoy a number of posters on here and their depth of knowledge, Keon being very high on the list. For that reason I seldom post. But this thread appeared to be going in a post facts direction.

Comment

Where did I reference alex jones and info wars?
                              I was mostly kidding, but you did post a video from Info Wars just earlier today....

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I barely know what those things are, certainly don't listen to them. Eugenics? He's on record telling you he believes in population control thru reproductivity in 3rd world countries, he's on record telling you his dad was the president of planned parenthood. This is too much of a stretch for you to ever even consider? Then I ask, why? Do you know Bill Gates personally? You know his beliefs, and his core values?
                              Confused The Interview GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
                              Again, this seems like its in the wrong forum ... Lol
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 23, 2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• You know what I miss? A good 'ol GOLDBLUM game thread. That and pub food. Chicken wings with a beer with guys horsing around.

Comment

Working...
                                X