Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/report-say...023352616.html

A new report says the Chinese government used Chinese citizens in Canada to send personal protection equipment to China, before the scale of the COVID-19 outbreak was widely known. Sam Cooper reports.

Completely safe. Don't be racist.
    This one’s a bit overblown. When China and Hong Kong were deep in the pandemic, our health officials were telling us... nothing to see here. I personally know people who were sourcing masks from around the world and selling to China. At the time it seemed more like they were being opportunistic entrepreneurs, rather than hoarding for the motherland. Everybody was looking at it smugly like just another Asian Flu. The hoarding is somewhat of a revisionist take.

Comment

Trump is a much more competent person.

Lol K.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Lol K.
        did you know before becoming "leader" of canada, justin trudeau rose all the way to the rank of substitute drama teacher, all by himself too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This one’s a bit overblown. When China and Hong Kong were deep in the pandemic, our health officials were telling us... nothing to see here. I personally know people who were sourcing masks from around the world and selling to China. At the time it seemed more like they were being opportunistic entrepreneurs, rather than hoarding for the motherland. Everybody was looking at it smugly like just another Asian Flu. The hoarding is somewhat of a revisionist take.
          i can agree with this, but they were also having their chinese owned factories in australia packing masks, labeling them not masks,and shipping them to china. this seems more like they were doing it in more than one place to me.

anyone have wechat? weibo? or chinese friends who still have chinese social apps? while we were being told everythig is ok, these apps were telling chinese overseas(xijingping made a declaration that any chinese anywhere is just a chinese citizen because ccp law is world law) to begin hoarding food, and supplies.

Comment

China imported 2 billion masks in a month on government orders. how is that consistent with "hoarding is somewhat of a revisionist take"?

At risk of sounding conspiracy-theoristy, they are weaponizing the global medical equipment supply chain.

Call me politically incorrect but this is one of the worst governments on earth engaging in what is effectively opportunistic biological warfare with the goal of increased economic global dominance.
            Last edited by KHD; Sun May 3, 2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'd be curious to see this story ... got a link?
              Sorry, it was a US based story, No idea if it's true
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/

Comment

There was a story of the Australian gov't stopping raiding a warehouse of supplies being sent to China. They raided a huge warehouse, 60 minutes style. Their Prime Minister said we need these supplies in Australia because the pandemic was well started; it was hoarding for the motherland

Comment

did you know before becoming "leader" of canada, justin trudeau rose all the way to the rank of substitute drama teacher, all by himself too.
                  A smug sense of superiority covering for a fear of irrelevance is a particularly unseemly trait of the Laurentian corridor. Sadly, it is also a particularly dangerous one as can be seen by what is happening in Quebec right now. The belief they could get away with Trudeau II without the country suffering for it is another consequence of our Eastern elites’ inflated sense of self and lack of wisdom.

Comment

, the right wing wingnuts still rule the Raps boards....hilarious

Comment

• this thread is gonna go into lockdown too soon lol
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

China imported 2 billion masks in a month on government orders. how is that consistent with "hoarding is somewhat of a revisionist take"?

At risk of sounding conspiracy-theoristy, they are weaponizing the global medical equipment supply chain.

Call me politically incorrect but this is one of the worst governments on earth engaging in what is effectively opportunistic biological warfare with the goal of increased economic global dominance.
                        2 billion sounds like a massive number, but since China mandated (correctly) that all their citizens should wear masks, then 2B non re-usable masks wouldn't last very long. I'm the last person on the planet to defend that kleptocratic regime, but IMO half of the mask hoarding conspiracy was caused by Westerners arrogantly thinking "sucks to be you.... Asians" and believing it would be like SARS and the other half was good ole' greed & profiteering by expat Chinese getting top dollar selling to China & HK.

Like I said, I know people who were sourcing & selling masks by the millions. In this case, they were buying masks from India and Germany and drop-shipping to China & HK. At the time, it struck me more like entrepreneurs who were taking advantage of China's mis-fortune and looking at Covid as something distant & far away. Even as we started getting our first cases, I clearly recall the Toronto health authority saying crap like.... "we got this. we're prepared. we learned well from SARS." The arrogance was frightening. Meanwhile, up here in Markham, people were ignoring the cheery advice and getting mocked for wearing masks.

Pretty sure the same thing was happening in every western country, i.e., expat Chinese entrepreneurs selling something back to China for a buck, while our politicians and health officials were asleep at the wheel...... rather than some grand embedded & co-ordinated international spy network.

Comment

2 billion sounds like a massive number, but since China mandated (correctly) that all their citizens should wear masks, then 2B non re-usable masks wouldn't last very long. I'm the last person on the planet to defend that kleptocratic regime, but IMO half of the mask hoarding conspiracy was caused by Westerners arrogantly thinking "sucks to be you.... Asians" and believing it would be like SARS and the other half was good ole' greed & profiteering by expat Chinese getting top dollar selling to China & HK.

Like I said, I know people who were sourcing & selling masks by the millions. In this case, they were buying masks from India and Germany and drop-shipping to China & HK. At the time, it struck me more like entrepreneurs who were taking advantage of China's mis-fortune and looking at Covid as something distant & far away. Even as we started getting our first cases, I clearly recall the Toronto health authority saying crap like.... "we got this. we're prepared. we learned well from SARS." The arrogance was frightening. Meanwhile, up here in Markham, people were ignoring the cheery advice and getting mocked for wearing masks.

Pretty sure the same thing was happening in every western country, i.e., expat Chinese entrepreneurs selling something back to China for a buck, while our politicians and health officials were asleep at the wheel...... rather than some grand embedded & co-ordinated international spy network.
                          yeah, but if everything they told the who was true, only the original 40 million people in wuhan, and its province would have needed them. lots of 40 millions in 2 billion.

entrepreneurs filling orders is completely understandable. the government of china saying everything is fine, while secretly preparing for an extremely damaging infection is different.

one is the individual, one is a concerted effort by a government with absolute power.

Comment

yeah, but if everything they told the who was true, only the original 40 million people in wuhan, and its province would have needed them. lots of 40 millions in 2 billion.

entrepreneurs filling orders is completely understandable. the government of china saying everything is fine, while secretly preparing for an extremely damaging infection is different.

one is the individual, one is a concerted effort by a government with absolute power.
                            Reports were coming out in February that situation was not under control in Wuhan. Citizens of Wuhan were making videos on youtube explaining what a catastrophe this was. Contries like South Korea were wise and prepared anyway. Why South Korea was ready but Canada wasn't? There's no "China didn't warn us" excuse here.

Comment

• Let's be real even NBA went to lockdown earlier than Canadian government.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                this thread is gonna go into lockdown too soon lol
                                Let Them Fight Fighting GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Comment

Working...
                                X