No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saddest thing to me is that every morning, every news shows should be leading with the fact that a huge percentage of these deaths are at nursing homes, long term care facilities, etc., for seniors and asking these politicians and public health experts what they are doing right now to stop it from happening. At least Trudeau was honest when he said the priority was helping other people. What are Ford and Legault doing?

The issue is not people going outside, grabbing a burger or getting a haircut, it's the fact our governments are running and/or sanctioning death mills and shrugging their shoulders. This is true in basically every western country by the way. Meanwhile, schools are closed. Kids, who are almost at no risk based on data to date, are stuck at home while the elderly are left as sitting ducks.

Your experts.

Comment

• Just caught up on the last few pages and my favourite part here was how quickly Joey threw away his referee whistle and jumped in the game throwing elbows. We're all in this together!
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Just caught up on the last few pages and my favourite part here was how quickly Joey threw away his referee whistle and jumped in the game throwing elbows. We're all in this together!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'll give you 3 guesses where that gif came from and the first 2 don't count

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

RaptorsRepublic meet up 2021

Comment

• Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                That's misleading. "The rest of Canada" is more like Quebeq and Ontario. NB & NL for example are lessening restrictions and opening back up slowly because they've had more success than BC.

Comment

• project veritas shows cbs fake patients and news. whistle blowers need to be outed and punished.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The saddest thing to me is that every morning, every news shows should be leading with the fact that a huge percentage of these deaths are at nursing homes, long term care facilities, etc., for seniors and asking these politicians and public health experts what they are doing right now to stop it from happening. At least Trudeau was honest when he said the priority was helping other people. What are Ford and Legault doing?

The issue is not people going outside, grabbing a burger or getting a haircut, it's the fact our governments are running and/or sanctioning death mills and shrugging their shoulders. This is true in basically every western country by the way. Meanwhile, schools are closed. Kids, who are almost at no risk based on data to date, are stuck at home while the elderly are left as sitting ducks.

Your experts.
                    There is so much inevitability to these deaths in nursing homes. The life expectancy for people entering them is measured in months to begin with and they're staffed at truly insane ratios (1 RN to supervise an entire staff of PSWs taking care of 5-10 people each). People who work there are given little training or equipment for infection control. Those who have worked in these places are not surprised by what's happening.

Frankly speaking the death warrant for these people was signed over a long period of time by many politicians. We've been fucking these places up for years.

Meanwhile, everyone else can't even throw a frisbee in an open field because the politicians know it's political suicide to admit what is obvious - the virus is already becoming endemic and is going to kill a good portion of those in care homes due to previous failures, not current actions.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

There is so much inevitability to these deaths in nursing homes. The life expectancy for people entering them is measured in months to begin with and they're staffed at truly insane ratios (1 RN to supervise an entire staff of PSWs taking care of 5-10 people each). People who work there are given little training or equipment for infection control. Those who have worked in these places are not surprised by what's happening.

Frankly speaking the death warrant for these people was signed over a long period of time by many politicians. We've been fucking these places up for years.

Meanwhile, everyone else can't even throw a frisbee in an open field because the politicians know it's political suicide to admit what is obvious - the virus is already becoming endemic and is going to kill a good portion of those in care homes due to previous failures, not current actions.
                      Bingo. It's a virus that kills the weakest 0.1% of the population, maybe less, that should be crystal clear by now. Raw numbers are higher than the average flu season because its more contagious, and they've been pumped up in many locations, specifically Italy and the United States.

I still don't know anyone who has it. I know 1 person who is married to someone who got it. I remember in early March, the "tidal wave" was coming. In mid March, we were gonna be "the next Italy". In late March, the hospitals were about to become overwhelmed. Now its a week into May and the only things that changed whatsoever is peoples small business have gone bankrupt. Everybodys "model" came extremely under.

They had every single one of us in March thinking we were all gonna get it, feel symptoms, and it would be hundreds of thousands of deaths, everybody would know people who died. Admit it. That was the story. I'm thankful as hell that never happened of course, but when can we start calling this a fucking sham? And don't start with the second wave BS.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Bingo. It's a virus that kills the weakest 0.1% of the population, maybe less, that should be crystal clear by now. Raw numbers are higher than the average flu season because its more contagious, and they've been pumped up in many locations, specifically Italy and the United States.

I still don't know anyone who has it. I know 1 person who is married to someone who got it. I remember in early March, the "tidal wave" was coming. In mid March, we were gonna be "the next Italy". In late March, the hospitals were about to become overwhelmed. Now its a week into May and the only things that changed whatsoever is peoples small business have gone bankrupt. Everybodys "model" came extremely under.

They had every single one of us in March thinking we were all gonna get it, feel symptoms, and it would be hundreds of thousands of deaths, everybody would know people who died. Admit it. That was the story. I'm thankful as hell that never happened of course, but when can we start calling this a fucking sham? And don't start with the second wave BS.
                        Translation: “I personally don’t know anyone who has been sick or died from this. It’s therefore impossible to believe this has been a big issue. I’ll completely ignore the many personal accounts of doctors, nurses, personal care workers, slaughterhouse employees, grocery store workers, etc. because I don’t personally know any of them. I’ll also completely ignore that many nonLTC residents have died, many without underlying conditions, and that even now, new characteristics of the virus continue to be exposed, like children with auto-immune disease symptoms, etc. that indicate we still don’t know much about it. Because I’m smart, and if it doesn’t impact me directly, why should I care?”
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

Translation: “I personally don’t know anyone who has been sick or died from this. It’s therefore impossible to believe this has been a big issue. I’ll completely ignore the many personal accounts of doctors, nurses, personal care workers, slaughterhouse employees, grocery store workers, etc. because I don’t personally know any of them. I’ll also completely ignore that many nonLTC residents have died, many without underlying conditions, and that even now, new characteristics of the virus continue to be exposed, like children with auto-immune disease symptoms, etc. that indicate we still don’t know much about it. Because I’m smart, and if it doesn’t impact me directly, why should I care?”
                          coronavirus doesn't impact everybody or even most, but the lockdown impacts literally everyone

we are about to head into the biggest financial crisis humans in history :'(

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

were any mitigation measures implemented during this timeline that would reduce the actual number of cases from those predicted by models?

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

coronavirus doesn't impact everybody or even most, but the lockdown impacts literally everyone

we are about to head into the biggest financial crisis humans in history :'(
                              Sure, but that’s not the point. You can argue that the economy is more important long term than “a few deaths” short term, but that’s different from thinking the virus is no big deal in the first place, because you personally don’t know anyone who has suffered from it.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• In Russia, police are currently investigating three separate incidents where doctors have mysteriously fallen out of hospital windows. Two of them have died; one remains hospitalized.

The incidents have begun to raise questions about their working conditions
                                Behind the face masks was two stressed-out Russian doctors struggling in this country’s coronavirus pandemic. The one on the left says they haven’t got enough protection. Now Russian police are accusing him of spreading fake news.

https://www.nbc29.com/2020/05/06/rus...navirus-fight/

in soviet russia complaints about corona much more dangerous than corona. 3 doctors fall out of windows

Comment

Working...
                                X