Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
    I don't wanna leave the bill for my kids.
    no, no, no. that's just it. budgets balance themselves. #scienceyall

Comment

• Well, at least they opened up for our boys to practice:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6920583/c...ning-covid-19/

Maybe some version of the season to resume in July?

Comment

• Also, some tidbits on that link, shown in very small print at the bottom of the page , almost as an afterthought they begrudgingly have to report:
        [They didn't include %'s, I calculated and included them for context and clarity]

Canada-wide today:

--Number of tests: 16,295
        --New cases today: 478 (2.9% of the tested)
        --Recovered cases today: 435
        --Net increase in active cases countrywide: 43
        --Hospital occupancy of beds set aside for it: ~5%
        --Deaths: 65 (~80% in nursing homes)
        --Canada's population: ~37,742,142
        --Net increase in cases today as a % of population: 0.00011%
        --Economic status: comatose
        --Government message: dramatic
        --Population status: successfully scared shitless

Comment

• September weddings are getting postponed or cancelled. So don't expect anything
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            September weddings are getting postponed or cancelled. So don't expect anything
            Were you gonna ask me to marry you?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• keonclark wrote: View Post

were you gonna ask me to marry you?

lmaoooo
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• i assume because i am following china flu news i am getting africa's take too. in china nigerians are coke dealers, i have a black friend from compton who isn't very dark, but the chinese in almost any bar after 7 pm will ask him for coke. he makes good money(lol).

there seems to be a change in tune on china in africa, and if memory serves me correctly, when they change their mind and go the opposite direction they give a quick and courteous "time to leave" letter, and directions to the airport.

this is the third video of anti chinese rhetoric in an african assembly i have watched now. i think this is going to go global though. the communists didn't wait until we had no options left, and we can still change our politicians. old china friends will be tough on china for political points coming up, and china will threaten them.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i assume because i am following china flu news i am getting africa's take too. in china nigerians are coke dealers, i have a black friend from compton who isn't very dark, but the chinese in almost any bar after 7 pm will ask him for coke. he makes good money(lol).

there seems to be a change in tune on china in africa, and if memory serves me correctly, when they change their mind and go the opposite direction they give a quick and courteous "time to leave" letter, and directions to the airport.

this is the third video of anti chinese rhetoric in an african assembly i have watched now. i think this is going to go global though. the communists didn't wait until we had no options left, and we can still change our politicians. old china friends will be tough on china for political points coming up, and china will threaten them.

Of your 8000 posts how many would you estimate are about basketball?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

the ones in basketball threads

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

2013: Spurs pass the ball and share the rock like dirty communists.
                      2016: Jeremy Lin is a spy.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/travel/shang...masks-required

shanghai disneyland opens may 11. reduced capacity, and sold out in minutes.

this was huangshan(yellow mountain) just after wuhan quarantine ended.
                        https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/wor...-photos-604669

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          So Trudeau and Ford both ignored the rules they set out for the plebes and visited their cottages over Easter weekend. Meanwhile, old people keep dying in what are effectively prisons and small businesses go bankrupt. Fuck these guys.
                          According to verified reports, Ford was there for 1hr to check on work done, interacted with nobody and went straight home. Nothing to see here.

Comment

• The U.S. created 22.8 million jobs over the past 10 years, then lost 20.5 million jobs over the month of April 2020 alone. I know a lot of these jobs will come back when this is over but this ain't no joke. Adjusting for population size our numbers are probably not a whole lot better.

Their unemployment rate is now at 14.7%. Aside for 1982 when it was 10.8%, in the past 80 years, it never reached 10%.

Their April rate got close to the 1931 rate of 15.9%. The highest unemployment rate in US history happened in the following 2 years, 1932 and 1933, when it hovered around 25% (the height of the great depression).

We gotta get people back to work soon here. This isn't just about the ability to have a beer with your buddies on a patio or go to the gym, or your "portfolio" like some put it. It's people's livelihoods we're talking about. Can't keep messing around with our businesses and workforce indefinitely and then expect it to be all roses when the bureaucrats finally cut through all the red tape and deem safe to take the bubble wrap off.

Do it responsibly, protect the more vulnerable, but it's time to open up.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                              The U.S. created 22.8 million jobs over the past 10 years, then lost 20.5 million jobs over the month of April 2020 alone. I know a lot of these jobs will come back when this is over but this ain't no joke. Adjusting for population size our numbers are probably not a whole lot better.

Their unemployment rate is now at 14.7%. Aside for 1982 when it was 10.8%, in the past 80 years, it never reached 10%.

Their April rate got close to the 1931 rate of 15.9%. The highest unemployment rate in US history happened in the following 2 years, 1932 and 1933, when it hovered around 25% (the height of the great depression).

We gotta get people back to work soon here. This isn't just about the ability to have a beer with your buddies on a patio or go to the gym, or your "portfolio" like some put it. It's people's livelihoods we're talking about. Can't keep messing around with our businesses and workforce indefinitely and then expect it to be all roses when the bureaucrats finally cut through all the red tape and deem safe to take the bubble wrap off.

Do it responsibly, protect the more vulnerable, but it's time to open up.
                              Any Ottawa people here? I was driving through Kanata, and it is brimming with new construction, leveling entire new projects, and just completed new homes.

Saw Canada hit 17% unemployment. How many of them aren't coming back?

​​​​​​So we have 600k houses that people bought on mortgage during a boom at inflated prices, and the construction company is leveraged to shit to try and build the next, while they collect from the most recent completions.

We are at the top of the hill, and the snowball is going to get very big. Kanata and Ottawa isn't very expensive compared to what the workers in oshawa pay to live close to Toronto, or Toronto.

When inflation hits anyone's savings not in equity will become useless. All of my income comes from dividends, completely suspended, but I have no debt.

People with mortgages, credit cards, car loans, if they bought shit on 2 year plans. Bills aren't going to stop, and we can't keep printing money.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Any Ottawa people here? I was driving through Kanata, and it is brimming with new construction, leveling entire new projects, and just completed new homes.

Saw Canada hit 17% unemployment. How many of them aren't coming back?

​​​​​​So we have 600k houses that people bought on mortgage during a boom at inflated prices, and the construction company is leveraged to shit to try and build the next, while they collect from the most recent completions.

We are at the top of the hill, and the snowball is going to get very big. Kanata and Ottawa isn't very expensive compared to what the workers in oshawa pay to live close to Toronto, or Toronto.

When inflation hits anyone's savings not in equity will become useless. All of my income comes from dividends, completely suspended, but I have no debt.

People with mortgages, credit cards, car loans, if they bought shit on 2 year plans. Bills aren't going to stop, and we can't keep printing money.
                                Tax & Spend.... the Liberal way. That’s the plan. That’s always their plan. It’s just bigger now.

Comment

Working...
                                X