• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I love how he puts his hand up like "that fouls on me" lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

There isn't one. But you have to remember that "Canada" isn't really a good measure. The only areas of the country that have any issues now are Ontario and Quebec and even there it is certain locations predominantly affected.
      Wait til Trudeau open the US border in a week ....

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        My feeling is if Canada reopens it's not because of supporting "small Canadian business owners". It would probably be because of US-Canada trade.
        What trade isn't openly flowing right now? If they open it next week, it's because of US pressure to open, nothing to do with small business.

Comment

• i think the border could be managed with heavy screening, but would rather it stay closed if supply chains are running. the tourism industry, on both sides is all that is affected, and can adapt by courting nova scotians to british colombia to taste what real salmon and lobster tastes like. who is going to travel now anyway?

reason to open is there are probably a lot of border towns on both sides filled with bed and breakfastes that depend on that income, not just tours to the canyon, or whistler.

Comment

• https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...=mmx&PC=EMMX20

LOL, and cruise ship booking jumps 600% as carnival says they are getting set to resume.

God speed little buddies.
            ​​​​

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...=mmx&PC=EMMX20

LOL, and cruise ship booking jumps 600% as carnival says they are getting set to resume.

​​​​
              Not a chance I'd get on a cruise ship in the next year and it's going to take essential business travel to get me to travel anywhere outside of Canada for the next while.

Comment

• What if we never get a vaccine or any effective treatments?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  What if we never get a vaccine or any effective treatments?
                  Then it has to work its way through the entire population at a manageable rate and future mutations/strains will be similar to flu season now, if with slightly more severe outcomes e.g. mortality rates. But aside from making sure hospitals and ICU's aren't overwhelmed with COVID patients, there's not much else to do. Big question is how long this may take and how many cycles of closures/restrictions the government implements, and how severe those future closure/restriction measures are. I think we get more Sweden-type responses as time goes on and just accept the increased death count. Only other option is more stringent test & trace, where that's happening successfully though there's far more government invasion of privacy (by our standards) and I'm not sure how much we would, or should, accept that as an ongoing way of life.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...=mmx&PC=EMMX20

​​​​
                    Carnival Cruise re-brand / new logo.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      What if we never get a vaccine or any effective treatments?
                      How do we deal with SARS, AIDS, H1N1, common flu?
                      People die and yet, life goes on.

Lock down nursing homes. Oh they already do that to various degrees during flu season every year

Comment

• The story now is the rising number of vagabonds refusing to go back work, even though the opportunity is there. Some people will have a legitimate reason like not having a person to watch their kids, or workplace not following the guidelines, but that's probably a relative small number of cases. I'd wager there are many just flat-out refusing to go back as long the government tits are there for they to suck on. That will slow down the economic recovery even further.

Comment

• I don't really give a fuck anymore. Work is back on May 19
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            The story now is the rising number of vagabonds refusing to go back work, even though the opportunity is there. Some people will have a legitimate reason like not having a person to watch their kids, or workplace not following the guidelines, but that's probably a relative small number of cases. I'd wager there are many just flat-out refusing to go back as long the government tits are there for they to suck on. That will slow down the economic recovery even further.
                            Those people are gonna get a nice letter from CRA to return that money. It's already happening
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The story now is the rising number of vagabonds refusing to go back work, even though the opportunity is there. Some people will have a legitimate reason like not having a person to watch their kids, or workplace not following the guidelines, but that's probably a relative small number of cases. I'd wager there are many just flat-out refusing to go back as long the government tits are there for they to suck on. That will slow down the economic recovery even further.
                              Just applied for the student help on Friday. Just graduated but jobs in my field are a waste land right now.
                              I happened to find a subreddit the week before the application actually dropped. People on there are ridiculous. Their pissed cause part of the stipulation is that you have to actually be actively looking for a job, asking if they can get the increased payout meant for disabled student if they have anxiety etc.

I just want a damm job not to be reliant on a poverty wage level pay out
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

One business I work with was designated an essential service and they hired a co-op student, but they also gave employees the option to work from home if they felt uncomfortable about the Covid situation. They have like 5 people, total, working in a 8000 sq. ft. building, so social distancing is no problem. They haven’t seen the student in 2 months, except to pickup his paychecks. Some people are getting way to comfortable with this work from home concept.

Comment

Working...
                                X