No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA would be stupid to seed and potentialy lose the battle of LA. If its a bucks/clips series im taking the Bucks. I think if your the league you want to make sure you get that match up even if it is in the 2nd round.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Now, over the weekend, Varadkar (Ireland), Tory (Toronto) and the Johnson aide have all broke the rules they set for others. They all should resign and these stupid rules that have no scientific basis whatsoever should be lifted immediately.

Meanwhile, Trudeau is still hiding in his house playing PS4 and watching Netflix while the House of Commons is still doing phone calls. What a fucking joke this is now. Open it all up.
      I know Durant said he's not playing but a Lakers/Nets round one showdown with Kyrie and Kev being able to reject the Lakers right out of the gate?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        NBA would be stupid to seed and potentialy lose the battle of LA. If its a bucks/clips series im taking the Bucks. I think if your the league you want to make sure you get that match up even if it is in the 2nd round.
        But they way they're considering it is the only way to get a potential Lakers/Clippers *dream* final
        NBA refs would be getting cash bonuses for any foul they call on a player trying to stop that final from happening....lebron might be at the line 75X a game.....
        Last edited by G__Deane; Mon May 25, 2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If they go 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13, etc.. Raptors (3) play the Grizzlies (14) in the first round. And the winner of Denver (6) and Indiana (11) in the second round.

By the way, has anyone asked why in the world the eastern conference owners would agree to this even as a one-off? The only ECF team that may benefit is Toronto and even that is questionable. Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat are all hurt by it. Cant see this happening.

Comment

By the way, has anyone asked why in the world the eastern conference owners would agree to this even as a one-off? The only ECF team that may benefit is Toronto and even that is questionable. Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat are all hurt by it. Cant see this happening.
            I would think the Raptors would be the ones against it since they'd have to potentially play 3 western conference teams before they get to the finals.. and still might face the Clippers then. Meaning it'll be harder on the Raptors coaching staff to game plan. I mean they didn't play Memphis at all in the regular season. And now have to play them in a best of 7? And then maybe Denver in round 2 where they played only once before. That just doesn't seem fair.

Plus there are 5 WC teams in the "Raptor" bracket.. and only 3 in the other one. Basically it feels like you moved LAC to the East and Toronto to the West. And I think these two teams (Toronto/LAC) would be the ones that would hate it the most. Milwaukee too since they would probably prefer not facing Kawhi until the finals.

I too don't see it happening either. But the NBA wants to make money and I'm sure they'd be selling an LA / LA final as a money making concept to the owners. And everyone is starving for money these days.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I would think the Raptors would be the ones against it since they'd have to potentially play 3 western conference teams before they get to the finals.. and still might face the Clippers then. Meaning it'll be harder on the Raptors coaching staff to game plan. I mean they didn't play Memphis at all in the regular season. And now have to play them in a best of 7? And then maybe Denver in round 2 where they played only once before. That just doesn't seem fair.

Plus there are 5 WC teams in the "Raptor" bracket.. and only 3 in the other one. Basically it feels like you moved LAC to the East and Toronto to the West. And I think these two teams (Toronto/LAC) would be the ones that would hate it the most. Milwaukee too since they would probably prefer not facing Kawhi until the finals.

I too don't see it happening either. But the NBA wants to make money and I'm sure they'd be selling an LA / LA final as a money making concept to the owners. And everyone is starving for money these days.
              The Western Conference ain’t all that anymore. I got no problem with the new seeding. Bring it on.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Western Conference ain’t all that anymore. I got no problem with the new seeding. Bring it on.
                Memphis-Toronto would be over quick. I don’t trust the Nuggets at all in the playoffs. Denver’s best player dealing with a rested Gasol looks like a great match up for Toronto. The last two rounds are brutal but they always are.

Generally though, this isn’t equitable. All these teams played different schedules so the seedlings are skewed. Just go Easr-West.

Comment

Memphis-Toronto would be over quick. I don’t trust the Nuggets at all in the playoffs. Denver’s best player dealing with a rested Gasol looks like a great match up for Toronto. The last two rounds are brutal but they always are.

Generally though, this isn’t equitable. All these teams played different schedules so the seedlings are skewed. Just go Easr-West.
                  Agreed. Money or not, I don't see any scenario that's acceptable to try and orchestrate an LA/LA final. Gotta keep it East West

Comment

• Since Mar. 23, more than 193,000 international air passengers have arrived in Canada.

Yet in Toronto, they're concerned with drawing circles on the grass to show people where they can sit and newscasters saying they'll never been able to try on clothes again in case "someone else tried the sweater on"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Since Mar. 23, more than 193,000 international air passengers have arrived in Canada.

Yet in Toronto, they're concerned with drawing circles on the grass to show people where they can sit and newscasters saying they'll never been able to try on clothes again in case "someone else tried the sweater on"
                      while british citizens are being arrested for walking on their front lawn, the government is flying in romanians to work the fields. it has all been a shit show of ok for these, not ok for these, and a bunch of karens yelling at other people about how noble they are.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...rvest-11974364

Comment

• Downtown Calgary report. Well, it was a bit unusual for sure yesterday. I couldn't go everywhere but based on my quick recon mission, I would say about 40% or more of the bars/restaurants were open and there's a chunk that don't look like they are re-opening at all. Hard to tell with retail but it was maybe 25%, which is probably a factor of so few people in the core downtown. People were there, though, and generally out and about - groups getting coffee, beers, etc. Stopped at three places and had a pint. One was at capacity, one had 5 or 6 tables and the other was pretty empty. Two of our usual places were closed. Talking to one manager and he said that the half capacity regulation is basically suicide pact for them given their size but they are hoping that will be eased in short order.

Couldn't shake the feeling though that there is a fucking tsunami coming based on the number of places that looked shuttered for good.

Comment

• I don't know the Canadian number but this is eye opening. 1.8% of Americans live in nursing homes and account for 42% of pandemic deaths. In New Jersey, ~10% of all nursing home residents have died.

The experts killed grandma and the economy.

Comment

I don't know the Canadian number but this is eye opening. 1.8% of Americans live in nursing homes and account for 42% of pandemic deaths. In New Jersey, ~10% of all nursing home residents have died.

The experts killed grandma and the economy.
                            rough estimate - there's about 80 000 LTC beds in Ontario (0.5% of the population), we have 2100 deaths, and about 80% of them are LTC residents. So that's about 2% of LTC residents dead right now.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

rough estimate - there's about 80 000 LTC beds in Ontario (0.5% of the population), we have 2100 deaths, and about 80% of them are LTC residents. So that's about 2% of LTC residents dead right now.
                              I'm no expert but it seems to my maybe focusing on the LTC places and the people in them might have worked better than shutting down parks and schools.

Comment

• While Newfoundland has not completely shut their borders they've shut things down so drastically that now there is a supreme court challenge going to occur. Police have been out enforcing social distancing and have been given new, special powers during the crisis.While shut down to this degree the province now only has three active cases, all in hospital whereas last month they had hundreds. It looks like its a good example of what it takes to obliterate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X